Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 09-16-2012, 11:35 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturrbo406 View Post
... ok cool, at least we agree on that, thank you ... as for the ported E-Head, i still say the CV-1 is a better head, with all things considered, especially under boosted or N20 applications, Robin's car showed a HUGE improvement in head-gasket life vs his old combinations ... and his cooling temps were a lot less in driving situations also, so my statements obviously are taking many things into consideration ... but his car has got close to 175mph, and he really has to pull the tune back now to get the car to leave, power is not Robin's issue ...

... now once the porting reaches the level of WidePorts and HP's like yours, yes, i know where this part leads, we (cv-1 guys) have to take into consideration cars like Kinsler, even your car for example, both run very well obviously which are great examples, our best comparison to that level so far, would be Quinn's 484c.i. Fusion Headed 62' Cat, which has run a best of 8.7's, which i dont think he's fully reached its potential, considering the tranny is a little overkill, and the carburetion on that car, which i'm sure Marcella's sheet manifold would benefit greatly from a nice pair of 4150's, and maybe some smaller wheel stands too ( Larry ??) ...

... as far as power adder combo's, while those cars are still being refined, and that is not a shot at Hedrick in anyway, but i think the bulk of data so far shows the CV-1 has the advantage, as well it should i think, considering the CV-1's exceptional strength and rigidty at high temps, and better cooling, and i'm not trying to be a smart-butt here, just trying to answering the questions the best i can ...

... now once you raise the bar to the Langer, Rex, DDA72, Dixon, and Kinsler level, etc., ... obviously we are not there yet, do i think we can be, yes, but obviously we have to prove that, which will take time, am i saying the unported CV-1 will do that ?? NO !! but i dont see any harm in being positive about our program, so i'm trying to not come across as challenging, or disrespectful here, but that doesnt mean i dont have goals, but this is what the 72' Camaro is for, do i feel its the perfect car for the job ? No way !! But it's all i could afford, and that was with help mind you, and i am usually not one to take part in the " What will it make" threads, but the goal for the Camaro is to see how close we can get to that "Langer" type of performance, and that is not a shot at Langer either ...

... if we can get the CV-1 to that level of performance, or even close to it, then i feel with where the head is currently, as far as its unported performance, great quality, high flexibility, affordability, combined with what the new development (ReTool, RacePlates, 18 headbolts, etc) should add to the head, it should be the best bang for the buck cylinder head available ... especially considering ports like the CV-345 will be a simple CNC program upgrade ...

... and that is the best way i can explain it, hopefully this reads as a positive thing for anyone reading this ... we are simply trying to make a head that offers the most, for the least, in one platform ... and if we can pull that off, i think it will be one kick-butt little street/strip head IMO ...

... sorry for the bible Brian ...
X3! Bill that has got to be the best post I've ever seen you make. IMO, if you approached things in the manner you just did you would have zero complaints...fwiw.

Making CVWHAT's great again. I guess it took a deplorable ECM member to do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Cox View Post
Holly cow we must be some dume corn huskers here in indiana or somthing!!!

Fastest Blow-thru Pontiac powered car in the Country 8.440@166.97 (3465lbs)

Fastest Pontiac CV-1 car on the planet with only 6 passes on the combo: 4.80@147.65/ 7.49@180.12MPH (3365lbs)
Old 09-16-2012, 11:57 AM

Send a message via AIM to David Holmberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad69bird View Post
X3! Bill that has got to be the best post I've ever seen you make. IMO, if you approached things in the manner you just did you would have zero complaints...fwiw.
X4.

Old 09-16-2012, 12:11 PM
Suspended

Jesus....are we all gonna hold hands and sing now? I feel warm and fussy inside after reading all this a$$ patting......lol i think i will call Monday and order me a set of CV-1's.. might order one of each port.. how many sets will that be Bill?

Old 09-16-2012, 12:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Do you think racers hang on his every word when making a buying decision? You must think LilJack is the Dalai Lama of the Pontiac Racing World and you need his endorsement.
Here's a lot of the problem.

There are a lot of people that don't frequent PY and don't know that Lil Jack and some of the others are just blowhards and don't know anything.

These newbies do a search lets say on the CV-1.
They find about 500 posts that say the CV-1 is junk.
They don't realize those posts are by the same guy spreading lies.

So they go and look for something else, or go to some other web site.

Not very conducive to good Pontiac well-being.

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 09-16-2012, 12:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
... ok cool, at least we agree on that, thank you ... as for the ported E-Head, i still say the CV-1 is a better head, with all things considered, especially under boosted or N20 applications, Robin's car showed a HUGE improvement in head-gasket life vs his old combinations ... and his cooling temps were a lot less in driving situations also, so my statements obviously are taking many things into consideration ... but his car has got close to 175mph, and he really has to pull the tune back now to get the car to leave, power is not Robin's issue ...

... now once the porting reaches the level of WidePorts and HP's like yours, yes, i know where this part leads, we (cv-1 guys) have to take into consideration cars like Kinsler, even your car for example, both run very well obviously which are great examples, our best comparison to that level so far, would be Quinn's 484c.i. Fusion Headed 62' Cat, which has run a best of 8.7's, which i dont think he's fully reached its potential, considering the tranny is a little overkill, and the carburetion on that car, which i'm sure Marcella's sheet manifold would benefit greatly from a nice pair of 4150's, and maybe some smaller wheel stands too ( Larry ??) ...

... as far as power adder combo's, while those cars are still being refined, and that is not a shot at Hedrick in anyway, but i think the bulk of data so far shows the CV-1 has the advantage, as well it should i think, considering the CV-1's exceptional strength and rigidty at high temps, and better cooling, and i'm not trying to be a smart-butt here, just trying to answering the questions the best i can ...

... now once you raise the bar to the Langer, Rex, DDA72, Dixon, and Kinsler level, etc., ... obviously we are not there yet, do i think we can be, yes, but obviously we have to prove that, which will take time, am i saying the unported CV-1 will do that ?? NO !! but i dont see any harm in being positive about our program, so i'm trying to not come across as challenging, or disrespectful here, but that doesnt mean i dont have goals, but this is what the 72' Camaro is for, do i feel its the perfect car for the job ? No way !! But it's all i could afford, and that was with help mind you, and i am usually not one to take part in the " What will it make" threads, but the goal for the Camaro is to see how close we can get to that "Langer" type of performance, and that is not a shot at Langer either ...

... if we can get the CV-1 to that level of performance, or even close to it, then i feel with where the head is currently, as far as its unported performance, great quality, high flexibility, affordability, combined with what the new development (ReTool, RacePlates, 18 headbolts, etc) should add to the head, it should be the best bang for the buck cylinder head available ... especially considering ports like the CV-345 will be a simple CNC program upgrade ...

... and that is the best way i can explain it, hopefully this reads as a positive thing for anyone reading this ... we are simply trying to make a head that offers the most, for the least, in one platform ... and if we can pull that off, i think it will be one kick-butt little street/strip head IMO ...

That pretty much says it all right there! Great post.

6.98 @ 199mph
4.53 @ 164mph
Old 09-16-2012, 02:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by wreckmastr View Post
That pretty much says it all right there! Great post.
X2.

Old 09-16-2012, 02:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:

Great post Bill!
I do have one question, I am curious as to why the Lenco in Quinn car is "over kill". I think most would love to have a clutchless Lenco in their car.
Again Bill that was a good post with no BS or unfounded claims and to the point.

Old 09-16-2012, 02:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnta1 View Post

There are a lot of people that don't frequent PY and don't know that Lil Jack and some of the others are just blowhards and don't know anything.

Wouldn't they find the CV 1 Channel?

Regardless, I think twinturbo406 has put it all in the proper perspective.

Old 09-16-2012, 03:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:

This is fact that buying decisions have been influenced by mis-infomation about the CV-1 heads, right or wrong. I also have a great respect for the vendors that have made "Pontiac only" type products.

We've had issues with other Pontiac vendors products in the past six months, but without going to these forums and just blasting the product or the manufacture, we are looking at the reasons why and how they can be corrected to reduce issues in the future.

Some have called me a CV-1 guy, to date I have sold more E-heads, still port and rebuild plenty of 670's, 48's, KRE's, McCarty Racing and Tigers. I started developing the CV-1 because I see merit in the design and potential. Roland doesn't pay me, he's not giving me heads, it was my choice when I first picked up the phone and ordered a set.

Calvin Hill
Hill Performance
708-250-7420

Old 09-16-2012, 04:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbird View Post
Great post Bill!
I do have one question, I am curious as to why the Lenco in Quinn car is "over kill". I think most would love to have a clutchless Lenco in their car.
Again Bill that was a good post with no BS or unfounded claims and to the point.
... well, the Lenco is a heavy transmission, and the car slowed down when they installed it in the car, and i dont feel it is needed for Larry's car, the car would pick back up if he put a "new" Liberty in it ... oh, the car is not clutchless either, it has a "Boninfante Clutch" in it ...

... but the other part you stated, i dont make unfounded or BS claims Brian, the heads will simply do what they can be made to do ...

... i think the bulk of the BS, over the top claims started way back, like when Goober was going over board about what the CV-1's where going to do, as far as power or performance, then comments stating people's heads were going to be worth 9 bucks didn't help either ... and yes Byron was good at that also ... amoung some others ...

... but thank you for your comments, i appreciate that ... but does this mean we can all make "S'Mores" now ?? ... lol ( now that was a joke too guys)

Old 09-16-2012, 04:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Wouldn't they find the CV 1 Channel?
Depends on their search words?

Try CV-1.
Not much there. (for Pontiacs)

Try CV-1 Pontiac heads.
More there and you would find it down on the list.

And this link:

CV-1 heads for sale

Now there's another fairy tale book.

Trying to recoup 1/64 of his investment?
(let's see $3000 times 64 = $192,000 )

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 09-16-2012, 04:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:

... unfortunately, you are right on the money John, and we encouter the fallout from this problem just about once a week, sometimes more ...

Old 09-16-2012, 04:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Depends on their search words?

Try CV-1.
Not much there. (for Pontiacs)

Try CV-1 Pontiac heads.
More there and you would find it down on the list.

And this link:

CV-1 heads for sale

Now there's another fairy tale book.

Trying to recoup 1/64 of his investment?
(let's see $3000 times 64 = $192,000 )

And as always the rest of the story(whole truth) is far different than the link above indicates. Turns out it was Charlie Sikes of the Race Shop NOT Jim of Roland Racing that was responsible. But if you werent following the drama CLOSELY at the time you wouldnt know that. You see even when false/misleading info gets corrected the false/misleading info doesnt disappear. That link doesnt take you to the rest of the story. Just try and find it!

What any of us says DOES matter!!!

Old 09-16-2012, 05:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceWilkie View Post
And as always the rest of the story(whole truth) is far different than the link above indicates. Turns out it was Charlie Sikes of the Race Shop NOT Jim of Roland Racing that was responsible. But if you werent following the drama CLOSELY at the time you wouldnt know that. You see even when false/misleading info gets corrected the false/misleading info doesnt disappear. That link doesnt take you to the rest of the story. Just try and find it!

What any of us says DOES matter!!!
I must say I disagree with this Wilke. As the captian of the ship Jim is responsible for his decissions. People said Charlie was full of it, he choose not to listen to them and those people got attacked and it turned out those people were correct about him.

Old 09-16-2012, 05:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
... well, the Lenco is a heavy transmission, and the car slowed down when they installed it in the car, and i dont feel it is needed for Larry's car, the car would pick back up if he put a "new" Liberty in it ... oh, the car is not clutchless either, it has a "Boninfante Clutch" in it ...
Ahhhh, Ummmm correct me if I am wrong but arent Lenco transmissions clutchless.... I dont know what a boninfante clutch is. I think you spelled the name wrong.

Old 09-16-2012, 05:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Langer View Post
Ahhhh, Ummmm correct me if I am wrong but arent Lenco transmissions clutchless.... I dont know what a boninfante clutch is. I think you spelled the name wrong.
(http://boninfanteracing.com/) ... as for the Lenco being a clutchless trans, it means you leave on the clutch, then you just pull the gears without the clutch, hence the "Clutchless" term ...

Last edited by twinturrbo406; 09-16-2012 at 05:56 PM.
Old 09-16-2012, 05:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbird View Post
I must say I disagree with this Wilke. As the captian of the ship Jim is responsible for his decissions. People said Charlie was full of it, he choose not to listen to them and those people got attacked and it turned out those people were correct about him.
... let me just start by saying, ... " anyone that tried to warn Roland, or anyone else about the RaceShop, you were right on the money !! " ...

... and you people deserve an apology ... BUT, Roland or the CV-1 head does not deserve to be bashed for 4 years because of Charlies lies ... IMO ...

Old 09-16-2012, 06:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Roberts View Post
Jesus....are we all gonna hold hands and sing now? I feel warm and fussy inside after reading all this a$$ patting......lol i think i will call Monday and order me a set of CV-1's.. might order one of each port.. how many sets will that be Bill?
... well, if i include the "Top Secret" ports also, it would be around 40 sets or so ...

Old 09-16-2012, 06:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
... well, if i include the "Top Secret" ports also, it would be around 40 sets or so ...
Thats an offal lot of effort for a bunch of, as said, no effort builds.

ph. 248-259-6696
Old 09-16-2012, 07:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by john marcella View Post
Thats an offal lot of effort for a bunch of, as said, no effort builds.
... um, that was a joke John, lol ...

... and thats not how you spell "offal" lol ...