Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 12-19-2013, 05:38 PM

Send a message via AIM to David Holmberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnta1 View Post
Especially back to back, like 'round robin'?

Come right back to line to race after crossing finish line.

I think Jeff has proven that his Nitrous Pontiac can round robin and run like a bracket car, on a little radial tire.

I've been involved with enough heads up racing to know that ANY form of poweradder can and will blow the tires off without warning.

JMHO, Justin has the potential to make a lot more power than Lil Jack. Given the fact that both cars have to make it down the track on a given day, the race is a pick to me.

Old 12-19-2013, 07:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Stan, no one has told them that Pontiac HP is the same as any other brand HP.

Power adder HP is the same as NA HP.
NOS HP is the same as Blower HP.

It's all in how you make the HP that tells the story.

PS: In the ET of the car, it only shows what HP it used to make that ET, not the total HP of the engine.

Quoted for the ridiculous ignorant post it is. While hp is hp may be true. make 800hp that peaks at 6500 rpm and compare it to 800 hp that peaks at 9500rpm and compare them in the same car both na with no other changes. Let us know how it works out....

I truly think you know better than this. you just really want jack to lose or be wrong. You may get to see him struggle for a bit with a new combo. for a while. but he will figure it out. If he hits it outa the park right outta the gate are you gonna need counseling?

Being dead, it is not hard on you. You don't even know you're dead. It is hard on everyone else that is not dead.
BEING STUPID WORKS THE SAME WAY! The rest of us suffer.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mike leech For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2013, 07:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Quoted for the ridiculous ignorant post it is. While hp is hp may be true. make 800hp that peaks at 6500 rpm and compare it to 800 hp that peaks at 9500rpm and compare them in the same car both na with no other changes. Let us know how it works out....

I truly think you know better than this. you just really want jack to lose or be wrong. You may get to see him struggle for a bit with a new combo. for a while. but he will figure it out. If he hits it outa the park right outta the gate are you gonna need counseling?

What are you drinking?

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 12-20-2013, 12:11 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
What is his HP and weight?

If you want a rough number, just take Rod's 6.27@228, which was run at 2760 lb, and then change the weight to 3500 lb.

Jack's car is going to FLY. He has eliminated one of the big roadblocks that have plagued nitrous powered Pontiacs. I fully expect the car to run mid-low 7s when sorted out. More power to him!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Travis Q For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2013, 12:13 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike leech View Post

Mike,
Can you please explain your physics to me.

Mine goes like this.

800 HP @ 6500 = 646.4 torque

800 HP @ 9500 = 442.2736842105263 torque

What is important is what we can delivery to wheel to accelerate the car.

9500 / 6500 = 1.461538461538461

1.461538461538461 * 442.2736842105263 = 646.3999999999997

So at 6500 axle RPM they both produce torque of 646.4

Now if you want to talk about 2 engines producing the same torque but at different RPM you are on to something.

Stan

David Vizard & Stan Weiss' IOP / Flow / Induction Optimization - Cam Selection Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV
Download FREE 14 Trial IOP / Flow Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV/Flow_..._Day_Trial.php
Pontiac Pump Gas List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_gas.htm
Using PMD Block and Heads List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_pmd.htm
The Following User Says Thank You to Stan Weiss For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2013, 12:15 AM
Suspended

I agree with your post. I think Justin was referring to how many runs can be made back to back before the bottles have to be refilled. My guess is it's less than 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Holmberg View Post
I think Jeff has proven that his Nitrous Pontiac can round robin and run like a bracket car, on a little radial tire.

I've been involved with enough heads up racing to know that ANY form of poweradder can and will blow the tires off without warning.

JMHO, Justin has the potential to make a lot more power than Lil Jack. Given the fact that both cars have to make it down the track on a given day, the race is a pick to me.

Old 12-20-2013, 12:23 AM
Suspended

That should put Justin in a ~7.1 sec @ ~190 mph. I'd say there's a lot more in it. I didn't realize his engine was a duplicate of the engine in Rod's car. Very cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Q View Post
If you want a rough number, just take Rod's 6.27@228, which was run at 2760 lb, and then change the weight to 3500 lb.

Jack's car is going to FLY. He has eliminated one of the big roadblocks that have plagued nitrous powered Pontiacs. I fully expect the car to run mid-low 7s when sorted out. More power to him!

Old 12-20-2013, 01:41 AM

Aaron, on Ben's Malibu we're running two 10lb bottles and change them after 2 passes, but there is enough left for another pass. Jack can run two 20lb bottles, if needed.

Besides, if Jack wins the first two there is no need for a third.

Like I said its a pick. Either car has the chance to beat the other on any given day. IMHO

The Following User Says Thank You to David Holmberg For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2013, 11:24 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Weiss View Post
Mike,
Can you please explain your physics to me.

Mine goes like this.

800 HP @ 6500 = 646.4 torque

800 HP @ 9500 = 442.2736842105263 torque

What is important is what we can delivery to wheel to accelerate the car.

9500 / 6500 = 1.461538461538461

1.461538461538461 * 442.2736842105263 = 646.3999999999997

So at 6500 axle RPM they both produce torque of 646.4

Now if you want to talk about 2 engines producing the same torque but at different RPM you are on to something.

Stan
Quoted for (I'm trying to be nice)Ignorance. Any person that portrays themselves as smart as you do, KNOWS the point of my post. In the real world the car that peaks higher has 2 advantages 1,higher average power 2,more power "events". It will go faster in a "REAL" car unless the person running it is a dolt.
The problem with calculator racing is you can manipulate the inputs to try and make your point or outcome whatever you want. The parameters were engine rpm not torque at the tire at axle rpm. Using your "brilliant" calculations why would they not have the same torque at 9500 axle rpm? They will NOT perform the same and if you and john think so...get a room at the CV1 notel, where fantasies abound and everyone hates Jack and believes whatever they like is true.

Being dead, it is not hard on you. You don't even know you're dead. It is hard on everyone else that is not dead.
Old 12-20-2013, 12:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Quoted for (I'm trying to be nice)Ignorance. Any person that portrays themselves as smart as you do, KNOWS the point of my post. In the real world the car that peaks higher has 2 advantages 1,higher average power 2,more power "events". It will go faster in a "REAL" car unless the person running it is a dolt.
The problem with calculator racing is you can manipulate the inputs to try and make your point or outcome whatever you want. The parameters were engine rpm not torque at the tire at axle rpm. Using your "brilliant" calculations why would they not have the same torque at 9500 axle rpm? They will NOT perform the same and if you and john think so...get a room at the CV1 notel, where fantasies abound and everyone hates Jack and believes whatever they like is true.
Mike,
Thank you for your reply. It shows your clear ignorance of the laws of physics and the relationship between between HP, RPM and torque. Also stop swinging from Jack's balls and put away your clear CV-1 BS. While I did not do the Photoragphy, they did have my name so it could be listed in the article. I have no head preference, but I post up a response when people like you post up BS about someone's product.

Stan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ab-lynn-hpp2.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	347001  

David Vizard & Stan Weiss' IOP / Flow / Induction Optimization - Cam Selection Software
Pontiac Pump Gas List
Old 12-20-2013, 01:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Holmberg View Post

And a High HP NA car would'nt do the same thing to the tire as a PA car --- ???? explain your reasoning please?????

Old 12-20-2013, 01:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Mike,
Thank you for your reply. It shows your clear ignorance of the laws of physics and the relationship between between HP, RPM and torque. Also stop swinging from Jack's balls and put away your clear CV-1 BS. While I did not do the Photoragphy, they did have my name so it could be listed in the article. I have no head preference, but I post up a response when people like you post up BS about someone's product.

Stan
You sir are lost on the reality of the topic. If you truly believe its the same you are lost on practical application of physics. Matters not how great you are at designing simulators. I understand all about how the horsepower is calculated and torque is measured. You aren't the only one with an engineering background. The NUMBER is the same, not the usable power when applied over seconds of the engine running and doing work. If your point is valid then why do all engine builders in corporate a higher rpm into their engine designs when trying to improve or maximize et potential in a vehicle? So they can spend more money and increase the work load on parts only to achieve the same results. I'm not ignorant of physics at all Stan, but if you think that saying that makes it so then I understand why you think what you do about this any many other subjects.
As far as swinging from jack. I do t think anybody does that. I think jacks upgrades will take some trial and error to achieve the results he expects. And I'm not and never have bashed a product.... Just the nut swingers that all jump on the band wagon for emotional reasons. Sorry you fit right in with the group. Feel free to help an na car of similar weight and your beloved c 1 wool my a$$. I'll accept defeat with grace.

Last edited by mike leech; 12-20-2013 at 01:43 PM.
Old 12-20-2013, 01:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Talking

Quote:
I LMAO @ CV notel !!!!!!

7.940@170.84. 3460#s
Old 12-20-2013, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgeise View Post
And a High HP NA car would'nt do the same thing to the tire as a PA car --- ???? explain your reasoning please?????
Absolutely, it happens to Langer from time to time.

I didn't include NA in the post because we were discussing a Turbo VS Nitrous car.

Old 12-20-2013, 02:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
You sir are lost on the reality of the topic. If you truly believe its the same you are lost on practical application of physics. Matters not how great you are at designing simulators. I understand all about how the horsepower is calculated and torque is measured. You aren't the only one with an engineering background. The NUMBER is the same, not the usable power when applied over seconds of the engine running and doing work. If your point is valid then why do all engine builders in corporate a higher rpm into their engine designs when trying to improve or maximize et potential in a vehicle? So they can spend more money and increase the work load on parts only to achieve the same results. I'm not ignorant of physics at all Stan, but if you think that saying that makes it so then I understand why you think what you do about this any many other subjects.
As far as swinging from jack. I do t think anybody does that. I think jacks upgrades will take some trial and error to achieve the results he expects. And I'm not and never have bashed a product.... Just the nut swingers that all jump on the band wagon for emotional reasons. Sorry you fit right in with the group. Feel free to help an na car of similar weight and your beloved c 1 wool my a$$. I'll accept defeat with grace.
Why are the Pickett's running a 428 ci engine and shifting at 10000 plus RPM?

Oh Oh Oh Oh I know. They want to run Tom's race.

Which is based on Pounds per Cubic Inches

Stan

PS - So you are Ass hurt by CV-1s

Pontiac Pump Gas List
Old 12-20-2013, 03:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Why are the Pickett's running a 428 ci engine and shifting at 10000 plus RPM?

Oh Oh Oh Oh I know. They want to run Tom's race.

Which is based on Pounds per Cubic Inches

Stan

PS - So you are Ass hurt by CV-1s
Are you serious? Riddle me this riddle me that,Stan just had a SMART ATTACK!

So if the Pickets had a choice to make as much as they could with the inches they chose to make weight with. Why run it to 10000 rpm? It makes like 920, it was likely possible To do that at a lower rpm. Why would they want to run that rpm Stan? They did not want to run the race they wanted to win it!

Are you trying to make my point?

The only a$$ hurt I have regarding cv1s is sore gluteus muscles from having it work my foot back out of there a$$. It took a little to extract it after I was able to finally get my foot outa the shoe. Keep to shoe.

Last edited by mike leech; 12-20-2013 at 03:21 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mike leech For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2013, 03:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:

So if the Pickets had a choice to make as much as they could with the inches they chose to make weight with. Why run it to 10000 rpm? It makes like 920, it was likely possible To do that at a lower rpm. Why would they want to run that rpm Stan? They did not want to run the race they wanted to win it!

The only a$$ hurt I have regarding cv1s is sore gluteus muscles from having it work my foot back out of there a$$. It took a little to extract it after I was able to finally get my foot outa the shoe. Keep to shoe.
Mike,
Since you are the smart one here. Why don't you show KRE and the Pickett's how to make the same HP at a lower RPM with the same cubic inches. I am sure that they would appreciate the help and the money saved. There is no question more power cycles (RPM) and more mass flow makes more HP no one was question that. 800 HP @ 6500 vs 800 HP @ 9500 was the discussion and no where's did cubic inches or car weight come into the discussion.

Stan

Pontiac Pump Gas List
Old 12-20-2013, 03:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quoted for stupidity.

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 12-20-2013, 04:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Mike,
Since you are the smart one here. Why don't you show KRE and the Pickett's how to make the same HP at a lower RPM with the same cubic inches. I am sure that they would appreciate the help and the money saved. There is no question more power cycles (RPM) and more mass flow makes more HP no one was question that. 800 HP @ 6500 vs 800 HP @ 9500 was the discussion and no where's did cubic inches or car weight come into the discussion.

Stan
You are the one who brought their CID and tried to divert the conversation to axle torque instead of usable power and its application.

2 DOUBLE FACE PALMs. Two for Stan and two for John.

Old 12-20-2013, 04:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:

Quoted for stupidity.

That really hurt coming from you. I'm crying here.