Old 11-10-2017, 11:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default OMG!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentwheelbob View Post
Cannot wait to see everyone and the cars...

Dennis - thanks for all your hard work and time on this effort. It wouldn’t have happened without you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Damn Bob! Just spewed some Knob Creek all over the screen and keyboard! That picture is such a relief to see! I cannot wait to see this car next week and reconnect with all the Bird’s Nest crew. Gonna be a great time in Windy City.

BJ

Old 11-10-2017, 11:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD455DJ View Post
I've got a 24x36 board for every year with the best brochure image that would print well (special shout out to Mike Noun for sending me clean images) and everyone's PHS on a 12x18 board to display with your car.

Dennis
Dennis, So do we not need to worry about bringing our own hero boards? Thought I read something somewhere about a limit on the size of any such displays.

Also, how does move-out work? Is it mass exodus, or ordered chaos? Trying to get an idea on when I can expect to get back on the road to Atlanta?

BJ

Old 11-11-2017, 09:10 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge273 View Post
Dare I ask... where did they put the Formulas at the show?

Did Jim ever register?

Look forward to driving to the show barring a rain storm.
No,
Jim did not register. I was not comfortable sending a copy of my title to anyone. To me thats like giving out my S.S. #. Besides there talking snow fluries here today. I guess it's my loss.

Old 11-11-2017, 11:12 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Wished I could of finished up my 74 Formula for this show. By far the best show period! Would love to get my eyes on that black car. Looks amazing!!

Old 11-11-2017, 11:14 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVERULD View Post
Dennis, So do we not need to worry about bringing our own hero boards? Thought I read something somewhere about a limit on the size of any such displays.

Also, how does move-out work? Is it mass exodus, or ordered chaos? Trying to get an idea on when I can expect to get back on the road to Atlanta?

BJ
BJ - You know...I'm not certain about any board size limitations. I guess I never considered that. I would bring yours just in case it is OK. I recall seeing some displayed with their cars. Move out is a flurry of mass exodus at 5 on when the show closes. A lot of cars are driven to the marshalling lot and across the street from it to load and not have to wait to get inside. We've done it both ways and seem to get away by 6:30-ish.

Dennis

Old 11-11-2017, 11:16 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 74 SD455 Formula View Post
No,
Jim did not register. I was not comfortable sending a copy of my title to anyone. To me thats like giving out my S.S. #. Besides there talking snow fluries here today. I guess it's my loss.
Probably not the place to ask but......Why do they need a copy of the title?

Old 11-11-2017, 11:21 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
No,
Jim, So sorry to hear you can't bring the car. I really wanted a yellow Bird in the display, but. I respect your call. I didn't send a copy of anything with my registration, but I didn't want my car judged. I think if you were having your car judged in one of the elite categories for the first time, they wanted a copy of your title...I don't know why for the life of me....??? I hope you are coming to the show anyway to hang in the Bird Nest.

Dennis

Old 11-11-2017, 11:23 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by J GLASGO View Post
Wished I could of finished up my 74 Formula for this show. By far the best show period! Would love to get my eyes on that black car. Looks amazing!!
John, I would have loved to include it too. Are you and Paul coming to Chicago?

Dennis

Old 11-11-2017, 11:33 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwood View Post
Probably not the place to ask but......Why do they need a copy of the title?
They don’t. The entry form says you may need to provide a copy of title if you register for Concours judging, but you don’t have to submit it with the initial application and they did not request one from me. A quick conversation with Vikki would have easily cleared this up.

Another of a long list of reasons.

Old 11-11-2017, 11:38 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
John, I would have loved to include it too. Are you and Paul coming to Chicago?

Dennis
I wished. Last November left rotator cuff, this Thursday right rotator. Next year for sure. I will bring the bird, Paul the 62 SD. Hope you guys have fun!!

Old 11-11-2017, 05:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Jim, So sorry to hear you can't bring the car. I really wanted a yellow Bird in the display, but. I respect your call. I didn't send a copy of anything with my registration, but I didn't want my car judged. I think if you were having your car judged in one of the elite categories for the first time, they wanted a copy of your title...I don't know why for the life of me....??? I hope you are coming to the show anyway to hang in the Bird Nest.

Dennis
No Dennis,

After I backed out is when Vicki finally contacked me after several atempts on my part to tell me they needed that info to insure I have a real SD Formula and not a clone. I never had any interest in being Judged for an award. As for the show I plan on being there on Saturday.

Old 11-11-2017, 05:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Jim, I wish I'd have known that. I would have vouched for your car being the real deal. The PHS would seem to be enough proof as well. That's wierd, because there are other 'clones' at the show, so why would they be concerned if we had a well done clone in our display? We never had a mandate for real cars only. Sorry that it turned out this way. I look forward to meeting you next week, regardless.

Dennis

Old 11-11-2017, 10:08 PM
Senior Chief

They did ask for mine

Old 11-12-2017, 10:26 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Did you send yours? Maybe it's a 74 thing? Qualify for chick owned car award?

Not sure a title shows much revealing information other than ownership by the registered party.

Never asked for mine and I opted for concourse judging since I'm there.

Old 11-12-2017, 12:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Did you send yours? Maybe it's a 74 thing? Qualify for chick owned car award?

Not sure a title shows much revealing information other than ownership by the registered party.

Never asked for mine and I opted for concourse judging since I'm there.
Mike,
Vicki e-mailed me and told me it was in insure I had a real Formula and not a clone. I was not going to get involved with Judging as I dont care about Trophies. But she also made mention about cars that were going to be Judged had to be authentic. Maybe you know someone ?

Old 11-12-2017, 01:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Still doesn’t make sense to me. The X should enough IMHO

Old 11-12-2017, 01:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Mike,
Vicki e-mailed me and told me it was in insure I had a real Formula and not a clone. I was not going to get involved with Judging as I dont care about Trophies. But she also made mention about cars that were going to be Judged had to be authentic. Maybe you know someone ?
Sorry, I was asking Teri if she sent title copy or not.

I know no one for free trophy. If that's your suggestion and would only get judged as car is sitting there for all to judge. Haha

Old 11-12-2017, 02:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Teri would qualify for the “Leading Lady” award, which does require proof of ownership in advance (e.g. copy of a title), if she wanted to be eligible to receive it. Vicki may have needed Jim’s title because it was so late in the registration process that there wasn’t time to pull a PHS. Sounds like a big misunderstanding that should have easily been overcome.

BJ

Old 11-12-2017, 06:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Sorry, I was asking Teri if she sent title copy or not.

I know no one for free trophy. If that's your suggestion and would only get judged as car is sitting there for all to judge. Haha
Mike,
I was'nt implying you per say. In general anyone who was in a certain area to be Judged you needed proof of Title or Vin. . I only said what I said maybe you know someone who could have vouged for you knowing your car. I meant nothing bad.Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Old 11-12-2017, 09:41 PM
Senior Chief

Yes, I got talked into clicking the girl owned car deal, so that is probably why