Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 01-01-2013, 05:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by R 70 Judge View Post
Why do you care what anyone pays for anything? It's their money not yours. I've never once heard any of them complain about it or even mention what they paid. Clearly it was money well spent as their cars haul ass.

This is the same BS Gach used to pull with me regarding the head work I had done with Jim Robertson.

... Gach is an idiot, and you know it ...

... and what i'm saying makes perfect sense, it is really very simple, Jeff & Jack want to make comparisons with their (Well Over $12K) type heads to a cylinder head that has nowhere near that kind of money & development, so what dont you understand about that ?? ... they have tried to maintain the fact that their heads are just EHead Junk, which is completely off the mark ... (Well Over $12K) to duplicate ...

... i'm saying it is a completely unrealistic comparison to compare those two heads that are that far apart on cost to duplicate, thats all, i'm not sayin' they dont have fast cars, or they were not worth what it costs to duplicate them, or that the work wasn't top rate, i'm just saying its unrealistic to compare them due to the costs, it simply makes no sense at all ...

... i think they got there moneys worth R70, i'm not denying that ...

Last edited by twinturrbo406; 01-01-2013 at 05:53 PM.
Old 01-01-2013, 06:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

when a cv head does what jack and jeff have done then come back and start your comparing. until then quit your damn whining. worse than a bunch of girls. unless you were the one who personally spoke to Gaby or someone at his shop don't go throwing numbers around you heard second hand.

Old 01-01-2013, 06:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Zeek View Post
when a cv head does what jack and jeff have done then come back and start your comparing. until then quit your damn whining. worse than a bunch of girls. unless you were the one who personally spoke to Gaby or someone at his shop don't go throwing numbers around you heard second hand.

... well Jim, i'm sorry you feel that way, but we aren't the ones starting all this comparing, or whining as you put it, if they leave us alone, well then we'll leave them alone, this is just us retorting to them, plain and simple ...

... when a CV head does what they have done ?? really ?? ok, how bout this, when the first set of complete CV-1's ever breaks $12K+, i'll be sure to let you know when that happens, how's that ?? ...

... as for 2nd hand info ?? um, that is all those guys repeat, and have repeated for years now, so its ok for them to do it, but not me ?? ... whatever ...

... and lastly, i dont need, nor' did i ask for your instructions on how to handle this issue, but thanks anyways Jim, have a nice day ...

Old 01-01-2013, 06:45 PM
Boost Engineer

Notice Mr Zeek how it is always the ECM who started it, supposedly.

Tom Vaught

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 01-01-2013, 06:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Raise your hands if you have built or funded a 1,000+hp Pontiac, if you have then you know what it cost if you haven't your just guessing.

Old 01-01-2013, 06:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaby Labiosa View Post
I'm done posting. Anyone that has any questions can call me or email.

Happy New years everyone!
You Sir are a class act. I wish you continued success and expect to do business with you in the future.

Happy New Year.

Old 01-01-2013, 06:59 PM
Boost Engineer

Isn't Building your Pontiac engine really all about working with friends/ contacts, connections to save money on different cost to the project? Not bragging about how big Richard was when it went up your ...? Or being jealous of what the other guy paid?

Unless you are trying to justify your high dollar charges by saying "that is what the market cost is to build a 1000 hp Pontiac engine".

Tom Vaught

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO Dan View Post
You Sir are a class act. I wish you continued success and expect to do business with you in the future.

Happy New Year.
ditto

Old 01-01-2013, 07:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vaught View Post
Isn't Building your Pontiac engine really all about working with friends/ contacts, connections to save money on different cost to the project? Not bragging about how big Richard was when it went up your ...? Or being jealous of what the other guy paid?

Unless you are trying to justify your high dollar charges by saying "that is what the market cost is to build a 1000 hp Pontiac engine".

Tom Vaught
You are correct, hell I'm just going to start buying the old parts from slowbirds engines, he blows up a 1000hp engine every year without much wear or runs on the components.

Old 01-01-2013, 07:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREATGTO View Post
You are correct, hell I'm just going to start buying the old parts from slowbirds engines, he blows up a 1000hp engine every year without much wear or runs on the components.
Can't think of one engine I have ever blown up. But you would be better off buying my used parts than hoping for your engine guy to order the correct ones for you. You'll know you have parts that can make power and not just hope they can.

Old 01-01-2013, 07:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREATGTO View Post
You would do well to do that...just sayin

Being dead, it is not hard on you. You don't even know you're dead. It is hard on everyone else that is not dead.
BEING STUPID WORKS THE SAME WAY! The rest of us suffer.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbird View Post
Can't think of one engine I have ever blown up. But you would be better off buying my used parts than hoping for your engine guy to order the correct ones for you. You'll know you have parts that can make power and not just hope they can.
You must just take them apart every year for fun then, thats even better. I'll wait until you run low 8's NA because I need parts that can run 8 seconds, not parts that only last 8 seconds.

Old 01-01-2013, 07:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike leech View Post
You would do well to do that...just sayin
Honestly I cant afford Dan Barton or Gaby heads, 7k for porting is too much for me, Im more of a 1,500 dollar cnc porting kinda guy.

Old 01-01-2013, 07:58 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Zeek View Post
Hear, Hear

Old 01-01-2013, 08:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Bill, does this $12k port job just for the head port work only or for Titanium intake and exhaust valves,Jesel rockers, Nextec springs, Victor intake,porting the intake. Because there is well over $5k in parts alone and I am sure there is a bit more also that I forgot.

7.940@170.84. 3460#s
Old 01-01-2013, 08:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbird View Post
...than hoping for your engine guy to order the correct ones for you. You'll know you have parts that can make power and not just hope they can.

... ok Brian, how bout' keepin' things to the facts ok ?? ... you are making assumptions now ...

... GreatGTO is just trying to get a rise out you guys ...

Old 01-01-2013, 08:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wareagle View Post
Robin will run 7's - no doubt about it - cool .
It should it has over $12K in the three set of CV1s that have been on it

7.940@170.84. 3460#s
Old 01-01-2013, 08:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturrbo406 View Post
... ok Brian, how bout' keepin' things to the facts ok ?? ... you are making assumptions now ...

... GreatGTO is just trying to get a rise out you guys ...
Guess you missed the at the end of the post. It was meant as a fun jab just like his was at me.

Old 01-01-2013, 08:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I thought cv1's were supposed to cost more than inline heads because you have to buy new valve covers, thats what guys used to say, now you're saying 12k is reasonable for a fully ported set of eheads with induction pakage and all required components.

Old 01-01-2013, 08:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL Jack View Post
Bill, does this $12k port job just for the head port work only or for Titanium intake and exhaust valves,Jesel rockers, Nextec springs, Victor intake,porting the intake. Because there is well over $5k in parts alone and I am sure there is a bit more also that I forgot.

... what part of (Well Over $12K) to duplicate the heads dont you understand ?? ... if you have detail questions like that, i suggest you ask the man that made the quote ...

... all i've done is expose that what it costs to get them duplicated, and those are Gaby's words, not mine ...

... are there parts in the quote ?? i would certainly hope so, but that is not the point here Jack, you guys have been parading around like the heads you guys have are borderline junk, remember ??? ...

... or are you choosing to forget that part ??? ... honestly, i really dont care how much of it is parts, or how much of it is porting, (Well Over $12K) to duplicate is all i'm trying to say, you guys break it down how ever you like, i didnt make the quote, Gaby did ...

... but the "Redirect" you and everyone else is trying to perform here, is hilarious, because you and Jeff have been touting, misleading, or insinuating that your heads are junk, and its funny to you guys that you think the CV-1 cant reach that level of performance ?? ...

... all i'm "Just Sayin" is it costs (Well Over $12K) to duplicate Jack, lol, man that sure is some pretty pricey junk (as you guys describe them) you guys got there now isn't it ?? ...

... but that is the real point here, now isn't it Jack, i dont think they are junk at all, in fact IMO, i think you guys have been lying all along about the level of work actually done to those heads, and i think (Well Over $12K) to duplicate them proves it !!! lol, regardless of what questions you want to ask, or how much of it is parts or how much of it is porting, who cares ?? it costs (Well Over $12K) to duplicate them, and that's not taking the cost of the castings into it either ...

... so you can get how ever many of your friends/supporters you want to come in here and redirect, but it will not change the fact it costs (Well Over $12K) to duplicate ...

... you guys can get pissed at me all you want, but you know what i'm stating here is dead balls on the money, i didn't make the Quote to duplicate Jeff's or Jack's heads, Gaby did ...