6 words, Who Gives a ****, JUST RACE!!

2017, 74 firebird -3600 lbs (all bests) 1.33 60 ft, 6.314@108.39 9.950@134.32
M/T 275/60 ET SS Drag Radial

2023,(Pontiac 505) 1.27 60 ft, 5.97@112.86, 9.48@139.31.... 275/60 Radial Pro's
Old 07-04-2015, 09:34 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL K View Post
The Butler E-Head (Turbocharged) has a dyno sheet that said it made 2885 Hp YEARS AGO and you want to brag about 1100 NA?

EHTTFMF!

... simply stated, pointed out, or brought to your attention, not bragging ...

... and after all the internet experts clammering about what this head can't do ?? ... um, yeah every time we achieve a goal such as Fulton's combo (or better) Paul, I'm afraid you'll be reading about it, but you can call it whatever you like sir ...

Old 07-04-2015, 09:44 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturrbo406 View Post
... simply stated, pointed out, or brought to your attention, not bragging ...

... and after all the internet experts clammering about what this head can't do ?? ... um, yeah every time we achieve a goal such as Fulton's combo (or better) Paul, I'm afraid you'll be reading about it, but you can call it whatever you like sir ...
I'm tuned in. So far the dyno results are impressive IMO (but there are E-heads that have done better). Anxiously waiting for some track results. Dyno numbers mean very little on nitrous engines. If you have (or anyone has) exceeded 2900 hp with the CV-1 heads (or any head) please share the details.

Last edited by PAUL K; 07-04-2015 at 09:52 AM.
Old 07-04-2015, 10:08 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
I'm tuned in. So far the dyno results are impressive IMO (but there are E-heads that have done better). Anxiously waiting for some track results. Dyno numbers mean very little on nitrous engines. If you have (or anyone has) exceeded 2900 hp with the CV-1 heads (or any head) please share the details.
... there's never been an RPM Ehead combo that made anywhere near 1000hp, let alone over 1100hp on 13 to 1 compression, please get you're information in order Paul, but if you would, please tell us about any Pontiac making that kinda power on that compression ??? ...

... and that horse crap about N/A power not being a big deal on N20 engines, is just that horse crap, if one of our 903c.i. or 959c.i. N20 ProMod engines were down on N/A power, Sonny will not let that engine leave until the issue is resolved, the same protocol happens Reher Morrison also ...

Old 07-04-2015, 10:11 AM
Senior Chief

I am kinda curious how much actually track runs each camp has made so far this year with the new combos? Im not looking for dyno or e.t. numbers either. That's all top sercert. Because I know I have only made 17 runs this year with rain we have had this year in the midwest. Unless they have a indoor track up in Minn. I can't imagine Fulton has a lot. I know Jack has been to the track, but know how many hits he has done too. I thinking there has to be lots of hits before this ultimate show down.

Old 07-04-2015, 10:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
The Butler E-Head (Turbocharged) has a dyno sheet that said it made 2885 Hp YEARS AGO and you want to brag about 1100 NA?

EHTTFMF!
So there's cars that have made a little more than 2885hp that have been in the low 3.80's high 3.70's in the 1/8th and that is showing it on the track. So honestly I'm curious what's there quickest 1/8th mile time?for that 2885hp car
Heck there's 1900 hp cars that have been 4.0's and 4teens that run 6.20's in the 1/4.
Are they showing it on the track?

I know they are trying and those #'s just don't come without effort. And The Butlers and Travis are great people.....I think they will get there.

“It’s the process it takes to get to goals that sets us apart, the execution on every single play, one play,one life”
Notre Dame Head Coach Marcus Freeman

69 GTO NHRA Super Street Car
2860lbs 10.854@160.12 in Brainerd MN 7/2024

Last edited by S/st 54; 07-04-2015 at 10:40 AM.
Old 07-04-2015, 10:36 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:

EHTTFMF!
Paul,
If that is the yardstick that you want to use, then Lil Jack's Visner Billet heads are junk.

But your yardstick is like comparing a grape and a grapefruit.

Total different classes and style engines.

I am sure Lil Jack is very happy he moved from E heads to the Visner Billet heads.

Stan

David Vizard & Stan Weiss' IOP / Flow / Induction Optimization - Cam Selection Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV
Download FREE 14 Trial IOP / Flow Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV/Flow_..._Day_Trial.php
Pontiac Pump Gas List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_gas.htm
Using PMD Block and Heads List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_pmd.htm
Old 07-04-2015, 10:45 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDTA View Post
^^^^^^^thats neither here nor there.

Brian
Agree! (Thanks for the jump in moment)
Throw CV's, tigers, high ports,, warp6, raV on same motor, same turbos, and still achieve same power. Variances in boost at same power or some difference in power at a fixed boost psi is what you would see ! Seems foolish to think that because no one else has tried, that it can't be done

Mr Paul's comment IMPLYING that NA E-heads have done same or better as Mr Fulton's cv1 combo is questionable if not totally misleading. I know of NO OTHER NA combo making 1100 HP AT SAME COMPRESSION . (Let alone not cammed for NA application)
All NA combos I'm aware of exceeding 1100 hp using other heads run well over 14:1 compression and are cammed for NA at higher rpm as well.

Mr Paul, have you got examples to show I'm wrong?
BTW what's your highest HP Pontiac NA build from YOUR shop?

Old 07-04-2015, 11:01 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgto View Post
I am kinda curious how much actually track runs each camp has made so far this year with the new combos? Im not looking for dyno or e.t. numbers either. That's all top sercert. Because I know I have only made 17 runs this year with rain we have had this year in the midwest. Unless they have a indoor track up in Minn. I can't imagine Fulton has a lot. I know Jack has been to the track, but know how many hits he has done too. I thinking there has to be lots of hits before this ultimate show down.
We have made about 15-20 hits so far. Creeping up on the chassis tune up and engine tune up on a new combo is a lot of work. I start out with a conservative tune and just add a little at a time. One degree of timing was worth 2 mph in the eighth Wednesday night at Cecil. The DA was 2600' so it was not any mine shaft air.

7.940@170.84. 3460#s
Old 07-04-2015, 11:04 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
... there's never been an RPM Ehead combo that made anywhere near 1000hp, let alone over 1100hp on 13 to 1 compression, please get you're information in order Paul, but if you would, please tell us about any Pontiac making that kinda power on that compression ??? ...

... and that horse crap about N/A power not being a big deal on N20 engines, is just that horse crap, if one of our 903c.i. or 959c.i. N20 ProMod engines were down on N/A power, Sonny will not let that engine leave until the issue is resolved, the same protocol happens Reher Morrison also ...
Jeff Kinslers little 499 nitrous motor made 1,000 HP with a nitrous engine.

I have a $100 says Jeff would out run Fulton to the eighth! With a smaller motor, single four with a plate on a drag radial and NO SISSY STICKS!

7.940@170.84. 3460#s
Old 07-04-2015, 11:08 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I hope after all this that both partys show up and get past this. Im sure Jack will be there and will have the best setup possible with the testing he has done to that point. I drove one of my guys cars a few weeks ago that runs 6.20s in the 1/8th mile. I was in the low 6.40s. He could have sat in it and run .2 faster than me the next pass. Track time is everything.

Old 07-04-2015, 11:09 AM
Boost Engineer

Psychology 101 "Ring a Bell and the dog will salivate ............."

"In his initial experiments, Pavlov presented a stimulus (A bell ringing) and then gave the dog food; after a few repetitions, the dog started to salivate in response to the bell."

I can post a two sentence comment/question ("Bell") and the "What" Boys (especially TTB) will post a million lines of excuses for the next 6 days. It is a switch, like a light switch.

So very simple to get the "dog" to drool.

Let it go Paul K, it got the response I expected with the least effort. Why waste 25 minutes of smack talking on the Street Outlaws show to wind the other guy up?
I can do it in 20 seconds.

Funny, really funny.

Tom V.

ps I personally would like to see Mr Fulton do very well against Jack because there it will be the "Whole Combination", not just a couple of pieces of aluminum and a bunch of dogs barking.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 07-04-2015, 11:14 AM
Senior Chief

Thanks Jack for the infro. Just a simple question. At least we know we have one car in this race so far.

Old 07-04-2015, 11:18 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
It's a good thing Robin went into NOS retirement, to date no E-headed NOS car has gone 174MPH at his weight as far as I'm aware of.

http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...hty+TA+174+MPH

Jack has not run that fast with his new deal either.

Calvin Hill
Hill Performance
708-250-7420

Old 07-04-2015, 11:29 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL Jack View Post
Jeff Kinslers little 499 nitrous motor made 1,000 HP with a nitrous engine.

I have a $100 says Jeff would out run Fulton to the eighth! With a smaller motor, single four with a plate on a drag radial and NO SISSY STICKS!
Lil Jack,
Well it is clear to anyone that can analyze a time sheet that Jeff could have done that to your last combination and is probably what caused you to build this combination.

Stan

David Vizard & Stan Weiss' IOP / Flow / Induction Optimization - Cam Selection Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV
Download FREE 14 Trial IOP / Flow Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV/Flow_..._Day_Trial.php
Pontiac Pump Gas List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_gas.htm
Using PMD Block and Heads List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_pmd.htm
Old 07-04-2015, 11:30 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:

My information is in order. I'm not going to split hairs on compression ratio, how many carbs, etc. If you do then every engine would be a personalized winner with an asterisk next to it. Performer RPM heads have made well over 1100hp and have the track times to back up the dyno number.

How much horsepower did you guys make with nitrous on the dyno? How many kits? When you race will all the stages of nitrous be engaged the entire length of the run? Just a few examples of why dyno numbers on a nitrous engine are just part of the story.

Old 07-04-2015, 11:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/st 54 View Post
So there's cars that have made a little more than 2885hp that have been in the low 3.80's high 3.70's in the 1/8th and that is showing it on the track. So honestly I'm curious what's there quickest 1/8th mile time?for that 2885hp car
Heck there's 1900 hp cars that have been 4.0's and 4teens that run 6.20's in the 1/4.
Are they showing it on the track?

I know they are trying and those #'s just don't come without effort. And The Butlers and Travis are great people.....I think they will get there.
I'm not sure what you are saying. Do you doubt the Butler's numbers? Just because you can make the power doesn't mean you can put it all to the ground.

Old 07-04-2015, 11:37 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65nss4spdGTO View Post
It's a good thing Robin went into NOS retirement, to date no E-headed NOS car has gone 174MPH at his weight as far as I'm aware of.

http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...hty+TA+174+MPH

Jack has not run that fast with his new deal either.

Calvin Hill
Hill Performance
708-250-7420
Calvin, I always liked Robins accomplishments. Why did he retire? I heard he never figured out why he kept melting parts after switching to the CV1 heads?

I saw Mr. Fulton's car run deep into the 7's with Eheads but I don't recall the mph. He went a hell of a lot quicker than Robin.

Old 07-04-2015, 11:43 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceWilkie View Post
Agree! (Thanks for the jump in moment)
Throw CV's, tigers, high ports,, warp6, raV on same motor, same turbos, and still achieve same power. Variances in boost at same power or some difference in power at a fixed boost psi is what you would see ! Seems foolish to think that because no one else has tried, that it can't be done

Mr Paul's comment IMPLYING that NA E-heads have done same or better as Mr Fulton's cv1 combo is questionable if not totally misleading. I know of NO OTHER NA combo making 1100 HP AT SAME COMPRESSION . (Let alone not cammed for NA application)
All NA combos I'm aware of exceeding 1100 hp using other heads run well over 14:1 compression and are cammed for NA at higher rpm as well.

Mr Paul, have you got examples to show I'm wrong?
BTW what's your highest HP Pontiac NA build from YOUR shop?
We made 980hp (Pontiac) naturally aspirated on a budget, but we have never done an unlimited budget Pontiac build. We specialize in very fast street/strip engines. However our heads and intake have run as fast a 6.8 @ 204 mph on a traditional Buick V-8 with standard push rod location ( once again a budget engine) and we are planning on going faster this year.

Last edited by PAUL K; 07-04-2015 at 12:00 PM.
Closed Thread