Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 01-02-2014, 11:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceWilkie View Post
You'd have to find someone with a ported set of cv's thats truly a close match... Then it would be more or less a porter comparison... Back to back dyno and back to back engine swaps at the track in your car??? Dont think that happens unless you decide to put forth the effort.

Dick Fultons wideport vs std cv1 test shows better results with the cv... It was introduced to compete with the "typical" standard wideport at a lower entry cost than you would get if ordering from Butler or KRE back in that time frame. Shame that test couldnt have been done early on.

Maybe with some luck someone shows up at Norwalk and surprises some... till then... keep 2nd guessin I guess.

BTW seein this is the "ramblin" thread you might want to talk to Fulton about the tune-up on his botique E-heads... "tuner" was same person who ported them in first place... that tune-up cost Dick 50-60 hp... they got sent back a few times... still didnt make same power as it did prior to the tune-up... Dick basically gets told he's the problem... How's that work??? Dick found someone else to put some of the power back. Alot of $$$$$ for negative results.

Dont take my word for it... after all many on here will think its tainted because of my CV1 affiliation...

At least it wasnt your guy Mike. And it certainly wasnt Bill or Calvin or KRE or SD or Butler or Dan, or Robertson or .....
Ya never know for sure....i could lose with what we're trying with mine. That would suck....

Why would I invest money to prove or disprove a head? Seems its fairly clear to most except a few what would happen. Of course if John went all ninja on a set and we made say 1100... would it be a great head or a great head guy?

Being dead, it is not hard on you. You don't even know you're dead. It is hard on everyone else that is not dead.
BEING STUPID WORKS THE SAME WAY! The rest of us suffer.
The Following User Says Thank You to mike leech For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2014, 12:28 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgeise View Post
John -- It seemed that there were a couple guys that were tied in with the maker very closely, at least they spoke like it, so if the manufacture didnt like what they were saying they should have either addressed it with them directly or done it here publicly to distance them self from these self proclaimed "spoakes people" -- or done both. I know If I had a company and there were people causing grief on a public forum over my stuff I would sure the hell try to get to the bottom of it -- --- So the question remains - were they doing it on his behalf or rougue ????
You can name names... If I'm among the ones you are referring to please say so... I cant speak to why Gach was allowed a free set then allowed to trash them... Jim truly regrets the Charlie Sikes involvement that led to P-dude fallin off. I know some get absolutely nuts about GreatGTO's comments... but he is a lifetime friend of Bills and a Pontiac guy who has alot of faith in his friend... Jim cant control what someone believes... (if he could do that, his sales would be awesome )

Bill? He's one of the primary port development guys... Ask Darin Morgan what he thinks of Bills work(yeah I know, worn out cliche around here) or ask the guy who recently hired him or the guy who is retiring and had input on who fills his shoes(their were several good candidates)... Bill may come across too strong for some... but perhaps only because he is NOT afraid to tell the truth or call things as he sees them. If you want PC, Bills probabably not your guy.(me either)The internet doesnt always reflect whats really there. He shared a bunch of useful info for quite some time till some felt he was just "over promoting"... and some thought every new port change was a joke of some sort... simply showin the flexibility(after all Pontiacs can be configured alot of different ways)... oops I'm "over promotin"...

Have I had to defend myself and others in the "cv1 camp"? Oh yeah... wish many of you didnt have to endure it... I dont have tolerance for bold faced liars and slanderers. Curt...if the same was thrown at you I have no doubt you'd fire right back. None of us looks our best when we get to that point.

Along the way I've learned alot and fwiw Jim does thank me for the support.

So Curt, who'd I miss???

The Following User Says Thank You to BruceWilkie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2014, 12:50 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike leech View Post
Ya never know for sure....i could lose with what we're trying with mine. That would suck....

Why would I invest money to prove or disprove a head? Seems its fairly clear to most except a few what would happen. Of course if John went all ninja on a set and we made say 1100... would it be a great head or a great head guy?
You havent seen Bills capabilities.... or the CV2 port. I aint tossin numbers! Lets just say it would be neat to see both of them given any head(both same starting point) and free reign.

The 572 is still slated for CV1's btw.(also his 434" 301 block) Dont know if either makes Norwalk this year.

Old 01-03-2014, 12:56 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
You can name names... If I'm among the ones you are referring to please say so... I cant speak to why Gach was allowed a free set then allowed to trash them... Jim truly regrets the Charlie Sikes involvement that led to P-dude fallin off. I know some get absolutely nuts about GreatGTO's comments... but he is a lifetime friend of Bills and a Pontiac guy who has alot of faith in his friend... Jim cant control what someone believes... (if he could do that, his sales would be awesome )

Bill? He's one of the primary port development guys... Ask Darin Morgan what he thinks of Bills work(yeah I know, worn out cliche around here) or ask the guy who recently hired him or the guy who is retiring and had input on who fills his shoes(their were several good candidates)... Bill may come across too strong for some... but perhaps only because he is NOT afraid to tell the truth or call things as he sees them. If you want PC, Bills probabably not your guy.(me either)The internet doesnt always reflect whats really there. He shared a bunch of useful info for quite some time till some felt he was just "over promoting"... and some thought every new port change was a joke of some sort... simply showin the flexibility(after all Pontiacs can be configured alot of different ways)... oops I'm "over promotin"...

Have I had to defend myself and others in the "cv1 camp"? Oh yeah... wish many of you didnt have to endure it... I dont have tolerance for bold faced liars and slanderers. Curt...if the same was thrown at you I have no doubt you'd fire right back. None of us looks our best when we get to that point.

Along the way I've learned alot and fwiw Jim does thank me for the support.

So Curt, who'd I miss???
Does Charlie Sikes work at Bill's new place of employment?

Last edited by slowbird; 01-03-2014 at 01:03 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to slowbird For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2014, 01:17 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbird View Post
I dont think so...ask Bill.

He works in Virginia at a reputable place.

Pavement marking equipment

Old 01-03-2014, 09:01 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Talking

Quote:

video/sound recording equipment

I fixed it for you

7.940@170.84. 3460#s
Old 01-03-2014, 10:21 AM
Suspended

Quote:

Pavement marking equipment
Where in va? Is he at sonny's?

Old 01-03-2014, 10:33 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Bill landed a new job at Sonny's Racing Engines. For those of you that don't know about Sonny's, they manufacture and build large cubic inch racing engines 1000ci making over 2150 HP NA. I've attached a link.

http://www.sonnysracingengines.com/

Charlie Sikes works for a machine shop in Northern Wisconsin. I wasn't involved with the CV-1 cylinder head when Charlie and The Race Shop was providing CNC CV-1 heads, but I have had multiple sets in the shop.

Calvin Hill
Hill Performance
708-250-7420

Old 01-03-2014, 10:39 AM
Suspended

So has Bill relocated to the lynchburg area yet?

Old 01-03-2014, 10:40 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I heard that after the Race Shop fired Charlie that he landed a job at Sonny's, just wondering if that was true.

Old 01-03-2014, 10:42 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
I heard that after the Race Shop fired Charlie that he landed a job at Sonny's, just wondering if that was true.
Charlie did spend time at Sonny's, but is no longer there.

Calvin Hill
Hill Performance
708-250-7420

Old 01-03-2014, 03:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL Jack View Post
Low air speed on the original version, that's why they made the port smaller on the head porters version.

It's hard to beat those lil old Junk E.
Jack this post shows how little you know about cylinder heads, you sound like Goober!

Your old wideport E-heads have low air speed as compared to a out of the box E-heads.

It's all relative.

Calvin Hill
Hill Performance
708-250-7420

The Following User Says Thank You to 65nss4spdGTO For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2014, 04:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65nss4spdGTO View Post
Jack this post shows how little you know about cylinder heads, you sound like Goober!

Your old wideport E-heads have low air speed as compared to a out of the box E-heads.

It's all relative.

Calvin Hill
Hill Performance
708-250-7420

http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/b...hop/?start=100
Old 01-03-2014, 04:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Region Warrior View Post
give me that popcorn!

Old 01-03-2014, 04:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Hand me another beer.

Thanks

http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/b...hop/?start=100
Old 01-03-2014, 04:36 PM
Senior Chief

Hey Calvin " Mr Cylinder head genius " Jack must know as much as you do about cylinder heads. Explain how I run faster with an Old Wide port Edelbrock than I did with a CV-1. And The CV-1 was ported by Guess Who Mr Calvin. Every thing on the motor is the same. I have another question for you. How long have you been racing a Blown Alcohol motor? I have been racing one since 1990, and never burned a piston, or valve, or had head gasket problems. And I run 22lbs of boost. So your smart comment about me having a Bad tune-up is BS. Stick that comment were the sun don't Buddy. If the CV-1 is great, I Will sell you mine. Thanks Rusty

Blown 4cyl's to the front
Old 01-03-2014, 04:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Region Warrior View Post
Hand me another beer.

Thanks

Your turn to fly and buy!!
To cold out for me!

Old 01-03-2014, 04:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Need more popcorn!

Old 01-03-2014, 04:56 PM
Senior Chief

Bruce, You said earlier, that you have no tolerance for a bold faced liar. Here is a little story for you, you let me know what you think. In Feb of last year, I sent my motor to Bill to be machined. Bill said in Feb, when your racing season starts, If we are not working on your motor, Let me know, I will move it to the front, so you have it to race. In the beginning of May, I talked to Bill, and told him my racing season is starting the end of May. His response, It won't be done, I said, You told me you would move it to the front so I would have it. His response ,I don't remember saying that. So my question is that a Lie or is that Selective Memory. I hope your hand doesn't get tired patting him on the back. Thanks Rusty

Blown 4cyl's to the front
Old 01-03-2014, 05:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty4cyl View Post
Thanks Calvin, I am going to send you the head, so you can take it apart and make sure it is OK. If I knew how to post pics I would post a pic of the block. Broke the crank in 3 places. The best time in my class that day was a BES small block Chevy that they had just dynoed at 823hp. He ran a 4.38 I ran a 4.40 on the run that the engine left go on. Sounded great and was pulling good when it all went south. Time to build a bigger mouse trap. Thanks Rusty
Here is a copy of your post from the CV-1 Channel. So which is it, the engine ran great or now you are just pissed off?

Funny thing when you put something in print on the internet, it's always there.

I worked your head after it was worked from someone else, I never put seats in the head, look at your receipt and see if I charged your for seats.

As a side note, didn't you originally burn that head up by not following directions and running the head without water? Why would I want to buy that head when I can do another for 1/2 the cost.

Good Luck with your new build.

Calvin Hill
Hill Performance
708-250-7420