Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 12:40 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Well i emailed Josh and asked him what is going on.I got almost the same answer.IT'S ALL 6704gto's FAULT!!!!JOSH IT'S NOT HIS FAULT,YOU FOCKED HIM GIVE HIM HIS MONEY NOW!!!!!
Larry,
John and I have a reasonable arrangement to settle this; I will be sending his money back this Friday providing he dosent continue make this worse which I also told John and he was agreeable to it. I havent spent any of his money either. The people who have nothing to do with this situation feel the need to make their opinion known and do nothing but make things worse.
I KNOW this wasnt the right way to handle things Larry but The dude harassed me ceaselessly about this when I only needed a little understnding and an extra week,. He is the straw that broke the camels back.....Im tired of dealing with idiots like this. If he contacted me first about settling this instead of making a big stink on PY this would have been over now.
Dont worry Larry; Ive already taken the right steps to make things better. The only person that can make them worse now is John. Thanks for checking in.

Josh
this is the email i got.

Old 01-04-2007, 02:20 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to baron_

in other words, from FBcrazy's post: Josh hasn't learned a damned thing - and won't change

I had been trying to stay out of this, but the quote "Im tired of dealing with idiots like this" pisses me off to no end.

Am I one of the idiots on PY that he's tired of dealing with???

my story:
a few months back, I was selling a '67 GTO convertible clone on PY
Had it on here a week or two, and took it to ebay as there was no PY interest

Josh e-mails with, "I WANT YOUR CAR!!! I HAVE THE CASH AND WANT IT NOW!!!"

a few calls later - we settle on 4200 - all's well - we're both happy
Josh seems like a young, enthusiastic, nice guy. Maybe a little hyper - but a pleasant person to talk to.
i cancel my 10 day ebay auction that was already 2,000 - 3,000 (can't remember), despite the time, energy and $ that goes into this (and had only 2 or 3 days left)

a week or two passes by and he doesn't send the deposit we agreed on, after quite a few PM's and him saying the money is on the way - $1,000 of 4200. I was supposed to have all the money that week, or a substantial portion of it. (I didn't ask for too many details at this point - he sounded trustworthy)

meanwhile, he posts on PY a list of cars (several) he's bought in the last week

I send an e-mail asking where it was (deposit) and if he "had liquidity problems or something" (been over two weeks at this point - no money at all...and i've started hearing excuses)
He flips the hell out, calls me at 3:00 AM yelling that his finances were none of my business - *****es me out pretty good and says that he had already sent my deposit and that i was "way out of line" - etc etc
(I was rather mad, as i was trying to be nice and offer a payment plan instead of flatly ask where the hell the $ was)

anyways, he calls back the next day and apologizes, to his credit
he says he had already sent a money order to me and had forgotten i had asked for paypal

I was pissed, but halfway content.

So, i get a $300 deposit via paypal instead of a $1,000 deposit via paypal and figured more was on the way - the aforementioned money order that was already sent (a week or two later, it doesn't show up - he was lying about having already sent the deposit)

At this point, i realize i've got a loser and start getting very strict on timetables. When do i get XXx, when is the rest of XXX - etc
(I have over 30 PM's documenting all of this)

For probably three weeks, i get the "the money will be there by Friday at the absolute latest"
Friday rolls around, and he needs just one more week, just a few more days, "please work with me" - etc

Eventually, i get tired of the BS and send his deposit back (i shouldn't have?)
Even more stupid, after him calling at 5 am or something....i talk to him the next day and relate that i'm pissed off - think he's treated me horribly, despite me being very nice

He agrees, apologizes profusely again (to his credit - he realized he was an idiot) and offers a 455 builder + 4,000 for the car, to makeup for it
(FBcrazy's post makes me wonder if the immature brat just says stuff like that or thinks we're all idiots he has to deal with)

Stupidly, i agree again....as he promises he has the money in order, this time

again, i get yanked around for a few weeks before i tell him to buzz off - i put it on ebay, again...have to wait 7 more days... and it sells for $5,200 (and remember ebay is $40.00 just to post a car, and $40 to sell..$10 picture packages -etc)

I guess it ended up going well for me, but i lost a significant amount in time/energy and the jack@ss called at 3am once, at 5am once and at 7:30 am once

He had my bloodpressure boiling on several occasions and had me spitting mad a number of times

throughout all of this, i was expecting to have $4,000 spare in the bank and the jackarse meddled with me severely
I had parts lined up to buy and deals to be made...but had to put it all aside as i dealt with his situation
I ended up having to borrow money to pay for other obligations that i entered into, because I thought this money was on the way (i'm just a college student - not that much spare income). Also missed a pretty good deal on a '68 firebird .
No huge deal, i guess. But headaches i attribute to josh

I hope that's halfway easy to understand - some things might not make sense or work with a strict timetable
it'd take me a few hours to pull out all the e-mails and PM's and organize it all

I thought it was an isolated circumstance and felt sorry for the guy, so i didn't post all this drama on PY
I seriously think he has mental problems or something - he sounds like he's 12 and must be closer to 40?

(anyways, Josh...if you read this at 4 am and call my cell phone in the middle of the night, i'm going to blow a gasket)

http://forums.performanceyears.com/f...d.php?t=618281
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJ9KworCMRE

Last edited by baron_; 01-04-2007 at 02:25 AM.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:28 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Not a crack head,just a guy who got in over his head too fast!

Old 01-04-2007, 07:57 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Baker
Aside from your comment "providing he doesn't do anything else to make this situation worse", this is a good post in acknowledging your error and proclaiming you will make it right. You certainly put the a$$ in class however with that little comment. How could HE make it worse? You have his money, and he has no car to show for it.

Just what I was thinking....How can he make it worse??? man if that was My money....I would have showed up the day the deal went south to get it back..not that I would send my hard earned cash to you in the 1st place....WTF???!!!!:doh:

dyingbreed Editted an insulting remark 01/04/07 @ 11:07 PM

Old 01-04-2007, 08:03 AM
Ultimate Warrior

The funny thing is he started out as a good guy to buy parts from.Then he started to buy every pontiac in site thinking he was going to corner the parts market.He over extended himself and got in this trouble.And then the family crap was the iceing on the cake!Its too bad he'll never sell here again and maybe else where.

Old 01-04-2007, 09:35 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Nothing has changed with Josh the Borker. He states, "I will be sending his money back this Friday providing he dosent continue make this worse". WTF? Make this worse? YOU HAVE THE DUDE'S MONEY. IT IS NOT YOURS. GIVE IT BACK!

6704gto, please keep us updated on this.

Unfreakinbelievable.

Old 01-04-2007, 03:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontiacmuscle
Guys; I think its understood and I know full well I did not handle this whole thing the right way. John and I have PM'd each other and come to an agreement which he has accepted I believe and providing he doesnt do anything else to make this situatioon worse; I will be sending his money back this Friday.
To answer that burning question; I may be pissed at John but I wouldnt spend a dime of his money no matter what any of you may say. All the negative comments and not one of you has ever bought a part from me.

I screwed up by not doing the right thing at the right time but I can and will fix this if allowed to.
Anyone wnat to take bets that there will still be no money on Friday? Im starting to think that the wife isnt the crazy one.

Josh,

Quote:
All the negative comments and not one of you has ever bought a part from me
and I dont think any one will ever again. Your name is mud now dude.

Old 01-04-2007, 07:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I typed that when I was pi$$ed off that the prior was MIA, and I was typing fast.
My point was that he's thinking about going to speak with lawyers, and possibly initiate legal proceedings. And, when you're dealing with courts and lawyers, making yourself look uneducated is NEVER a good thing.
It was meant as advice to help him reach success in resolving this- if he ends up having to get the courts involved.
Oh, and MY mis-spelling has been edited. I never claimed I was perfect- but I'm satisfied with my 98%+...

Old 01-04-2007, 10:48 PM

His potential lawyer probably won't give 2 sh*ts whether he can spell or not. He will be the one presenting the case, not 6704gto. Just because his spelling is bad doesn't mean he can't talk to the lawyer/judge & tell them what's going on. There are plenty of people who can't spell worth the ink it takes to write, but that doesn't mean they're any less intelligent than the next person. They most likely accel in other areas.

Old 01-04-2007, 11:38 PM
Senior Chief

All joking aside on my part - for those that use IE, this is what I use:

http://www.iespell.com/

It's a free download.

BTW ja67bird - it's excel, not accel :p (Don't you just hate it when people are grammar WWII German political party?)

Old 01-04-2007, 11:56 PM

Got me Zig! I knew it didn't look right. Hope I never need a lawyer. LOL

Old 01-05-2007, 12:11 AM

Quote:
I typed that when I was pi$$ed off
Try typing several posts explaining how you are getting stiffed when you are out 3K or more and see how you spell.
Hey pot, kettle calling.:rolleyes: :D

On a side note, hope you get your cash back soon 6704GTO.

Old 01-05-2007, 12:14 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to baron_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Blue 66
Anyone wnat to take bets that there will still be no money on Friday? Im starting to think that the wife isnt the crazy one.

I sure wouldn't take that bet

http://forums.performanceyears.com/f...d.php?t=618281
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJ9KworCMRE
Old 01-05-2007, 12:36 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

It sincerely pains me to do this but I am locking this thread.... at least for the moment. To much bickering, insults and borderline threats from people who are not even involved with this matter. while deleting approximately one dozen replies, it occurrred to me that it would take far less time delete the membership of several people who are seriously stiring the pot with this matter.

Until further notice- or until this thread is unlocked- my instructions are as follows; The buyer (6704gto) and the seller (Pontiacmusle) wishing to post in this thread will send a PM to any of the moderators and that moderator will then post your reply here if appropriate. ** (NOTE- I will be out of town from 01/05/07 until 01/07/07, so don't send me anything that you want posted).

I can't see any other way to keep this civil. Hell, this is actually getting worse than the infamous KRE/MR1 topic.

The fact remains that 6704GTO is out $3000, which he sent to Pontiacmusle for the purchase of a car. Pontiacmusle was unable to provide the car to 6704GTO and also failed to return his money within a reasonable amount of time. Pontiacmuscle makes repeated promises to refund 6704GTO's, but has delivered nothing- except excuses.

The original intent of this topic was to bring this particular business deal to the attention of our PY community and I think that goal has been met.

db

Old 01-05-2007, 04:25 PM
Suspended

Default mods please unlock the 6704gto $3000 post

i know you guys locked that post due to name calling bs, but here it is FRIDAY and 6704gto still has not received his 3000.00 as promised by that pontiacmuscle guy

he should not be allowed to get away with this kind of crap here. just my 2cents.

Old 01-05-2007, 04:34 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandmanjoe
i know you guys locked that post due to name calling bs, but here it is FRIDAY and 6704gto still has not received his 3000.00 as promised by that pontiacmuscle guy

he should not be allowed to get away with this kind of crap here. just my 2cents.
The dude will need to PM one of the moderators who in turn will post it on that locked thread......Hopefully he receives his money today but I'm not going to hold my breath!:mad:

Old 01-05-2007, 04:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I dont think there was anythiing else to be said. The name calling (of which I was guilty of) was getting out of hand. If he wants his money back thaen he needs to go to the authorities and handle it in a mature mannor. Posting on the forum obviously wasnt gonna make it happen.

Old 01-05-2007, 05:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yep. Legal matter as I see it. Man you gotta be careful when you send out money. If you want it that bad, sacrifice your time and do the business yourself.

Check out my sons blog, www.driftundertheradar.com

Old 01-05-2007, 05:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

he didnt hwta me to come up there in the first place i emailed him and asked if i brought cash could i look at the car in person before buyin it,he said no.as of this afternoon he pm me with a trackin number and said it was sent out ill let you guys know in a couple of days.

Old 01-06-2007, 11:54 PM

per josh's request to pass this info on.

Money Sent today certified mail tracking # 7006 0100 0001 8456 1610.

mike

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Closed Thread