THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 08-11-2023, 08:09 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm diggin' the T shirt!! No joke on the chrome prices to do one of those cars. I'm restoring a 66 Lincoln Continental convertible for a friend, and he's at 15k for chrome work alone. Very very difficult to find a lot of parts. 5k for new seat covers and carpet, plus install on the seat covers yet. Definitely not for the faint of heart or checkbook. Engine is at the machine shop now, some of those parts will be no doubt interesting too. It's a 462 MEL motor.

Last edited by Cardo; 08-11-2023 at 08:15 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cardo For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2023, 09:13 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Totally agree that these cars, whatever type you're into, do not "require" concourse restoration. I'm approaching my '66 with that same philosophy. Heck, I may not even paint it. I want it mechanically sound, body straight with no rot and I do like a nice interior.

Old 08-11-2023, 10:01 AM
Ultimate Warrior

1965 and 1967 Cadillacs have relatively little chrome, compared to earlier cars. Yes, they have big front and rear bumpers, but otherwise chrome trim is pretty minimal - there's a thin body side molding and that's about it. In the picture the front bumpers and grilles look to be in decent shape, and since the cars have been in dry storage it may be safe to assume the rear bumpers are in similar condition.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stuart For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2023, 10:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I talked to the family. The son knows quite a bit about them. We agreed a fair asking price would be $5000 for the 65 and $4000 for the 67.
Also selling a 91-ish Ford E150 handicap van with a dead fuel pump.

He wants to keep the 65 for sentimental reasons, but I bet if you wave money on his face, he might bite. Mom wants the garage back.
Either car would need to be trailered and they are on the north side of Chicago.
They need to remove the crap off of them or they are going nowhere.

Looked through the dirty windows and the interiors looks OK.
The 65 appears to have OK paint, but scratches need to be repaired. They repainted it about 30 years ago. The vinyl top looked nice. Aftermarket fog lights and CB antenna. Car was once owned by famously corrupt IL Secy. of State Paul Powell.
The 67 looks to be original paint, but has spots of surface rust here and there. A few bubbles under the vinyl top spell troubles.
Some extra parts would be included, including and extra hood hidden in the attic ad whatever else they find.

Old 08-17-2023, 10:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Greg you could go back; https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/...655825783.html

TOM
The Following User Says Thank You to salem1912 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2023, 06:41 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Those seem like reasonable asking prices if the trunk. floor and frames are not rotted away. Seems you could make a reasonable cruiser for 10-12 K total if that were the case. Smooth, quiet nice vehicles for sure with familiar hardware for us Pontiac people. Any chance you could get some better info and pics on them? I have a friend who may be interested in one of them?

Old 08-18-2023, 11:17 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by salem1912 View Post
Boy, that brings back memories! The interior, the engine compartment, the hubcaps all like my '58. It was a model 62 as well by the way.

Old 08-18-2023, 11:39 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Had a pretty nice '67 Coupe Deville once. I like my Pontiacs better.

1973 Formula SD455 - #'s auto orig paint
1972 Trans Am - 4 speed orig paint
1974 Formula 400 - Ram Air automatic
1966 2+2 convertible - 421 4bbl automatic
1967 Grand Prix - 4 speed orig paint
1967 GTO - 4 speed orig paint 35k orig miles