Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Old 04-17-2023, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragncar View Post
That stuff is all over the 461 about to be fired up for the first time.

I also use Prolong. Do I know it works, hard to say.
But I also have it in everything I drive.
a few years ago I heard a little noise coming from my Honda Civic when I came home from work. 14 mile drive one way.
I work nights and I forgot to check the engine out and just jumped in the car and went to work the next day.
I found out what the noise was that evening getting out of the car.
The radiator split. It was dry as a bone. White residue all over the front bumper.
Head gasket was fine.
I know for a fact I drove it 30 miles with very little to no water. Might have even been 2 trips back and fourth to work.

Again, I know that stuff does not hurt and I believe it had something to do with my engine not building up a terrible amount of heat and something catastrophic happening.
So that is my concoction. 30 WT Dello 400 and Lucas-Prolong in my beater. The Volvo and Tundra get Wallmart-Costco synthetic with the same Lucas and Prolong.
Race car gets Schaeffers with Lucas-Prolong.
Not broke so its not getting fixed.

I remember talking with Dave Flemming years back. The Schaeffers would float the mains with next to no oil pressure. Have been running it in motors I abuse for decades and they are all running perfectly even when one should be dead by now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

77 T/A- poncho 400| T-10|3.23| I beams|Hyper flat top pistons|Kre heads|Scorpion rockers|Xr276 hydro roller|Rpm intake|Smi qjet|Subframe connectors|Rancho sways|Mcleod super street|hydro clutch|More i cant remember
Old 04-17-2023, 03:49 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78w72 View Post
anyone remember the lucas stabilizer display at auto parts stores? it was a small clear box with gears in it and a crank handle, had a little bit of lucas on the bottom that only touched the bottom gear.. as you turned the handle it clinged & climbed to all the other gears & reached the top in a very short time. showed how much it clinged to parts to avoid dry starts. i use it in my old lawn mower that consumes some oil during teh season & smokes on start up sometimes, it reduces that a lot, also used it on a 4.0 jeep daily driver i had with 200k+ miles on it, it slowed or almost stopped a rear main leak better than rear main/gasket leak stoppers. it is kinda thick but they have a synthetic stabilizer they say is better for winter use or with synthetics.

i also use the zddp stuff i linked to earlier, it has a very concentration that can be used for break cam in additive or diluted per the chart as a zddp increaser additive.

shaeffers oil is very good too, always has excellent oil analysis, they have a good oil additive too with some fancy anti wear additives. but shaeffers is somewhat hard to find at most auto part stores or walmart etc. i also have great results with supertech oils that have good analysis & tests too.
I've seen this Lucas display in stores but never tried it out. I've recently looked at the video of this display in action and I'm impressed! To me it shows that Lucas makes the oil really creep into moving parts and stays put. I think I'm going to try it...

Old 04-17-2023, 04:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

That display is what got me to try Lucas. Like I wrote before, its perfect for long sitting engines avoiding dry starts.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dragncar For This Useful Post: