THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 05-02-2022, 03:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Smokey and The Bandit

May 29, June 1 and June 2. For the 45th anniversary Fathom events/TCM is doing a special big screen showing at select theatres. I plan on taking my car to the movies on the 29th and maybe the 1st! Looking forward to this as I have never seen the movie on the big screen.

They do this kind of thing quite often and I have seen both the original Dracula and Psycho. Neither one had a large crowd. I dont know how to gauge SaTB and will probably buy tickets in advance, just in case.

Old 05-02-2022, 08:13 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAKerry View Post
May 29, June 1 and June 2. For the 45th anniversary Fathom events/TCM is doing a special big screen showing at select theatres. I plan on taking my car to the movies on the 29th and maybe the 1st! Looking forward to this as I have never seen the movie on the big screen.

They do this kind of thing quite often and I have seen both the original Dracula and Psycho. Neither one had a large crowd. I dont know how to gauge SaTB and will probably buy tickets in advance, just in case.

Sounds like fun! We did a Burt Reynolds night at the Starlight Six Drive-In (Atlanta) back in 2006 and showed SaTB, White Lightning and Sharkey’s Machine. Invited several Trans Am clubs to the show so the first three rows were all T/As. The evening started with a concert by a Jerry Reed tribute band. What a night!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 05-02-2022, 09:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I enjoy those Fathom Event movies. Seen Lawrence of Arabia and The Bird Cage in near empty theaters. Been thinking about seeing Smokey.

1968 GTO (Thanks Mom)
2006 Silverado
2007 Cadillac SRX
2015 Chevy Express
2024 Cadillac LYRIQ

Old 05-03-2022, 07:52 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG68 View Post
I enjoy those Fathom Event movies. Seen Lawrence of Arabia and The Bird Cage in near empty theaters. Been thinking about seeing Smokey.
When my son and myself saw Dracula, there were maybe 15 people in the theatre. Psycho had a few more. I assume that TCM is subsidizing these ventures, otherwise it doesnt seem to make sense for the theatres to keep showing them. I enjoy them very much as I prefer old movies to anything new by and large. In a lot of the cases I have seen the movies dozens if not hundreds of times but never had the pleasure of seeing them on the big screen, which does make a difference.

My hats off to you for sitting in a theatre through Lawrence of Arabia though. I have tried watching that movie a dozen times and cant get past about an hour and a half!

The Following User Says Thank You to TAKerry For This Useful Post: