THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 02-16-2022, 10:56 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrffytr1 View Post
I tried the same procedure om my 2018 GMC but it didn't work. Is there another button sequence for it?
No. I have the GMC SLT trim level. I just hold he unlock button down and all windows roll down at the same time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QNxdx0o1Pc

1977 Trans Am, 400/M21 Black/Gold Bandit. 44K actual miles

2017 Sierra SLT 1500 Z71 4X4

2019 Canyon SLT Crew 4X4

Old 02-16-2022, 11:23 AM
Ultimate Warrior

My Ford Fusion GLS did the same thing. Never could figure out which button on the key fob enabled the function.

Dr. Thomas Sowell
Old 02-16-2022, 01:11 PM

Default this happened to me and this is a letter back to the dealer from where I bought it.

2021 Honda Insight...had 2200 miles on it at the time

Good morning....I have a question...How do I/you turn off the feature that rolls down all the windows and opens the sunroof when a button on the fob is pushed and held? You see....about a month ago, I was going to the post office and drove my truck...apparently, when I pulled out of the driveway, the button that activates this feature was pushed while in my front pocket. Needless to say, it was raining like it was being poured out of a boot. (hard rain). A real toad strangler of a rain.... I was gone for 35 minutes all the while my car was filling up with rain water. This might be a good option if you live in a warmer climate or even in the summer to let the heat escape from your car before you drive....but not in Indiana in the fall winter or spring. I carry my keys in my front pocket. I am old fashioned when it comes to things like that. I do not use or deploy anything like a man purse or fanny pack type caring devices....therefore I carry my keys in my front pocket like most MEN do.
There has to be a way to disengage this feature....lets find that way...PLEASE!

Thanks for all you do!

Scott Sims
Sims Performance Machining
PO Box 184
Elizabethtown, Indiana
Cell 812-350-8637

Elizabethtown, Indiana
phone... 812-350-8637
simsb53@gmail.com
Old 02-16-2022, 01:37 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to the-rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurryinhoosier62 View Post
My Ford Fusion GLS did the same thing. Never could figure out which button on the key fob enabled the function.
I think almost every making model has this feature nowadays. Unlock your windows button for 5 seconds seconds or more.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

1963 Apollo 3500 Gran Turismo
Old 02-16-2022, 01:52 PM

My late model daily drivers all have a all widow open function that operates by holding the unlock button on the key fob. The GMC will work from about 30', the two Benzes require the fob to be held within 18" of the front door handles. Check your operators manual to see if your vehicle has such a function that could have been accidentally triggered with the fob in your pocket or your wife's purse. If it was a one off occurrence you may have figured it out.
Other suggestions are to research your vehicle for any TSB's related to your issue and check your carpets for dampness. I have seen control modules mounted under the seats damaged by water intrusion.
FYI. When you ask for help with a specific vehicle always include the year, make, model, major factory options, and any modifications or aftermarket equipment.

Old 02-16-2022, 08:00 PM
Senior Chief

My 2018 Chevrolet Colorado Z71 thankfully does not have this feature.