THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 02-12-2022, 06:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Who watches Road Kill on MT or YT?

So Dave Frieburger and Mike Finnegan were recording a episode of Road Kill this past week during Sick Week. Sick Week is a 5 day challenge for Drag Racers. You have to make a pass and keep to your designated time and then drive the race car to 3 other tracks then back to the original track and make a pass at each one.

They start in Bradenton, go to Orlando(rained out), then to Gainsville, a track in GA, then drive back to Bradenton.

Yesterday after I finished showing some houses out near Bradenton Dragway I passed a few cars participating.

As I was heading home I ended up in traffic and noticed a 1986 Trans Am. This was the TA driven in Sick Week by Dave Freiburger and Mike Finnegan. They flew to FL, bought the car, and raced it. I noticed the car as I was heading to BJ's here in Bradenton. I stopped, backed up and said a few words to them then headed on my way.

I was able to pick up a image from my dash cam.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-02-11 at 4.24.36 PM.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	584027  

Old 02-12-2022, 06:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Forgot to mention, I think a gentleman in a 65 GTO drove down from Canada, ran 9's, did very well, then drove back to Canada.

Old 02-12-2022, 07:23 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

O man, that’s awesome! I’ve been following their progress at Sick Week and can’t wait to see the episode. I watched them early on and fell off for a bit but caught up while they were still exclusively on YT. I pony up the $5/mo or whatever for the Motortrend on Demand. It’s worth it to me. They seem like pretty genuine guys. I was actually telling my wife today on our way back from the grocery store I hope to one day be cruising I-75 in Ohio and see them wiz by me in some contraption. Not likely, I know, but it would still be fun.

Finnegan has some cool content on his YouTube channel too

Brian
The Following User Says Thank You to bhill86 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2022, 07:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Finnegan was in the passenger seat and looked beat. I think they put 2 clutches in that TA during the 4 days they were running.

Old 02-12-2022, 08:04 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Yea, I think I you’re right. I don’t know a lot about their setup other than I think I read it had a 6 speed.

Brian
The Following User Says Thank You to bhill86 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2022, 09:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Finnegan has been posting videos of the event on his YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/FinnegansGarage/videos

The Following User Says Thank You to Stuart For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2022, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_GTO View Post
Forgot to mention, I think a gentleman in a 65 GTO drove down from Canada, ran 9's, did very well, then drove back to Canada.
I think his best E.T. was an 8.60 something. I could be wrong but I know that GTO ran an 8 second quarter mile time.

Old 02-13-2022, 03:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Been following Derek from Vice Grip Garage doing this event in his 'Independence' Chevelle. He's running 10.30's and towing a trailer with it. Saw a black or Nightwatch '65 GTO post coupe in the background towing a race trailer that looked cherry.....wonder if that was the Canadian car? I'll have to look at the Roadkill stuff. Lately been doing Vice Grip, Matt's Off Road Recovery, Uncle Tony's Garage, and Hot Rod Hoarder....on youtube.

Old 02-13-2022, 03:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I love Roadkill! They have a great job!

Old 02-14-2022, 08:48 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeteeohguy View Post
Been following Derek from Vice Grip Garage doing this event in his 'Independence' Chevelle. He's running 10.30's and towing a trailer with it. Saw a black or Nightwatch '65 GTO post coupe in the background towing a race trailer that looked cherry.....wonder if that was the Canadian car? I'll have to look at the Roadkill stuff. Lately been doing Vice Grip, Matt's Off Road Recovery, Uncle Tony's Garage, and Hot Rod Hoarder....on youtube.
Yea, that was the GTO.