Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 02-15-2021, 10:12 PM

I have a 1,120 na engine already. I think there is a possibility that you are using a generous Dyno. No disrespect, jmo.

Old 02-15-2021, 10:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by hp 400 dave View Post
I have a 1,120 na engine already. I think there is a possibility that you are using a generous Dyno. No disrespect, jmo.
That's fine you are entitled to your opinion.

Old 02-15-2021, 10:28 PM

Good luck with your quest to break 1,100 using e heads. Please report back with your upcoming builds.

The Following User Says Thank You to hp 400 dave For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2021, 02:13 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by hp 400 dave View Post
Good luck with your quest to break 1,100 using e heads. Please report back with your upcoming builds.
John Marcella using a "E" Pro Porter casting made over 1100 HP and if my memory is correct it was less than 500 ci.

Stan

David Vizard & Stan Weiss' IOP / Flow / Induction Optimization - Cam Selection Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV
Download FREE 14 Trial IOP / Flow Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV/Flow_..._Day_Trial.php
Pontiac Pump Gas List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_gas.htm
Using PMD Block and Heads List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_pmd.htm
Old 02-16-2021, 03:18 AM
Ultimate Warrior

The dyno is just a tool. I have seen many people wave around a dyno sheet with a claimed big number on it. Put it in a car and it shows 100-150 less on the track. Then said person with the golden dyno sheet chases that big number and never gets there.

Old 02-16-2021, 08:22 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Langer View Post
The dyno is just a tool. I have seen many people wave around a dyno sheet with a claimed big number on it. Put it in a car and it shows 100-150 less on the track. Then said person with the golden dyno sheet chases that big number and never gets there.
That is100% true. There is also a lot more to going A to B than just a big power number. A lot of "under powered" Pontiacs have won races and sometimes even Championships racing against vehicles with engines producing more power.

Old 02-16-2021, 09:56 AM
Senior Chief

Its nice to see the PY family get together every now and then for a big pissing contest that proves nothing and helps nobody. I see this as more of a G-wiz question than anything else, I would however rather know what the track times associated with the 1,000+HP DYNO numbers are. Ive always thought of a DYNO being good for measuring the before and after with the only worth while numbers being the difference between the two. I just walk away when the weenies get pulled out... because I like the ladies.

SPEED SAFE, NICK

Old 02-16-2021, 01:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL K View Post
That is100% true. There is also a lot more to going A to B than just a big power number. A lot of "under powered" Pontiacs have won races and sometimes even Championships racing against vehicles with engines producing more power.
There is absolutely more to going fast then a big power number... BUT, in the na world if your car front half’s and doesn’t back half, it isn’t making the power. If your car back half’s but doesn’t front half, your making power but need to work on the chassis/converter. If it doesn’t do either, sell it, it’s a pig...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to John Langer For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2021, 02:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Langer View Post
There is absolutely more to going fast then a big power number... BUT, in the na world if your car front half’s and doesn’t back half, it isn’t making the power. If your car back half’s but doesn’t front half, your making power but need to work on the chassis/converter. If it doesn’t do either, sell it, it’s a pig...
You left out the "clueless" option.

Old 02-16-2021, 02:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR RAM View Post
Its nice to see the PY family get together every now and then for a big pissing contest that proves nothing and helps nobody. I see this as more of a G-wiz question than anything else, I would however rather know what the track times associated with the 1,000+HP DYNO numbers are. Ive always thought of a DYNO being good for measuring the before and after with the only worth while numbers being the difference between the two. I just walk away when the weenies get pulled out... because I like the ladies.

SPEED SAFE, NICK
Everyone has there phobias. Some folks get annoyed with guys cluttering up the "for sale" section with over priced second hand parts.... just saying

Old 02-16-2021, 05:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Lol.....Bunch of funny chit in this thread and another year has past with little action from the Big Yapper .

Mystic how is your Wide-port build progressing?

I'm thinking 1100 plus HP is now the "big number" for E-head builds.... Quite a few 1,000 plus out there.

Anxious to see some RAV results.
Let the record show just who (you) starting stuff for no apparent reason other than your over inflated ego.
Minding my own business. Doing my own thing. New engine very close, I will race.
Then you go out and admit that the very engine all that back and fourth was about is a no go.
"No not yet. We are completely over whelmed with work. That had to be put on a back burner "
And take another swipe. "You left out the "clueless" option "
Whatever make you feel better, kinda sad.
Good luck with your builds.

Old 02-16-2021, 05:19 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Everyone has there phobias. Some folks get annoyed with guys cluttering up the "for sale" section with over priced second hand parts.... just saying
LMAO... that's just funny, but the the parts seem to find new homes and happy new owners even without the written approval of "self proclaimed" "know it all" experts.... got to love those forum rules keeping them trolls away!

SPEED SAFE, NICK

Old 02-16-2021, 05:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragncar View Post
Let the record show just who (you) starting stuff for no apparent reason other than your over inflated ego.
Minding my own business. Doing my own thing. New engine very close, I will race.
Then you go out and admit that the very engine all that back and fourth was about is a no go.
"No not yet. We are completely over whelmed with work. That had to be put on a back burner "
And take another swipe. "You left out the "clueless" option "
Whatever make you feel better, kinda sad.
Good luck with your builds.
Hi D-car, not sure what you are talking about.

Think you will have that new bullet in by opening day?

Old 02-16-2021, 05:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Hi D-car, not sure what you are talking about.

Think you will have that new bullet in by opening day?
I do not see why not, just a few details and time. But working on the house right now. Getting ready to put new flooring in.
Think I might run the (unhurt) HO heads for half the season just to see how low I can go with iron heads on pump gas. I think I can do a LOT better than 10.80.
Pull them off that (unhurt) HO 455 block..
I have all the parts, pushrods, gaskets ect to pull the engine back out and swap heads and cam and intake and see the difference. I won't be that big a deal.
Then I can see what using a crank trigger, trick oil pan, thinner rings, lighter pistons, gas ported back cut rings, V pump more cam and worked 1050 all added up gets me vs the old (still running) TRW 455 engine.
I think it will be very interesting and fun. Then put the High Ports, Victor and .750 cam and let her rip. Maybe with a new 1150 on if i can swing it.

Old 02-17-2021, 08:37 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Sounds like a good plan!

Old 02-18-2021, 07:51 PM

440ci twin GT45’s stock port 87cc e-heads 15 pounds of boost 1000 done!

Old 02-18-2021, 09:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottK. View Post
440ci twin GT45’s stock port 87cc e-heads 15 pounds of boost 1000 done!
Good job and congratulations!

Old 02-18-2021, 11:16 PM
Boost Engineer

I have used other Boosting Devices, Lysholm and Eaton Superchargers, Vortech Superchargers, Turbonetics Turbos, but tonight my new GT45 Turbos (like the ones Richard Holdener has run in many of his videos) showed up. Should be fun playing with them over the next couple of years. Thanks for the tip Charlie66.

Idea is to use them on my Short Deck IA2 Engine and more boost (over 1000 hp)

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 02-19-2021, 07:54 AM

Tom I watch Richards videos all the time I’m running those exact GT45’s I bought both for under $400.There is enough compressor there for a total of 1600 if one wants to max them out he has proven this many times.I often get on live chat with him on youtube every Tuesday and drop the how but a budget 1000 Hp Pontiac lol!Im nobody but but I feel like 1000 is the new 500 horsepower of yesteryears!Just my opinion but with boost you can have it all just my 2 cents...

Old 02-19-2021, 05:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Any 900-1000hp na pump gas e-heads out there?