THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2021, 05:48 PM
Suspended

I won't get it. I had the virus in June. Lasted 2 days with an aggressive response by myself to beat it. 2 days of fever and a lot of sweating. I worked through it as well. We had a couple guys at work get it and it was short lived, but 1 guy had a brother-in-law in New York get it and die, but he was way over weight and had other complications.

My reason for not getting it is no one knows enough about the vaccine, let alone the virus. Sure, no ill effects now, but 5, 10, 20 years from now? Causing your arm to hurt, swell, or feel like you got punched doesn't sound comforting.

How many people who got the vaccine were then thrown in with a bunch of Covid-19 infected people and breathed their air unmasked for a couple weeks to see if it works? Do any of those statistics exist?

Can all the front line workers who get the vaccine toss their masks & gloves without fear of getting the virus? They should if it works that good, right?

And, like all vaccines, how long are you immune until you have to get another shot or booster? It is not like if you get the vaccine you are good for life, although it seems the thinking is that it can be eradicated if we all just get the vaccine. Hmmmm, then why do we still have the Influenza A & B strain of the corona virus? Why hasn't that been eradicated since we do already have the vaccine for it? Why then do 60,000 Americans a year die from the flu?

I don't get the Influenza flu shot, and keep in mind it is my understanding that there is Influenza A and Influenza B and depending on what flu shot you get, you are protected from one or the other - have not researched it to see either.

So as the Covid-19 virus mutates to strain A,B,C, does the vaccine cover it?

Nope, I'll just do what I always do - take care of my own body, keep my immune system at peak, and remain in top shape for my age and stick to a natural regiment of attack as I have always done.

Those who feel they want to get it, or feel they are at high risk and need to get it, then they should get it. To each his own.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PontiacJim1959 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2021, 08:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Wouldn’t go near it.
It has not been time tested for side affects for the minimum of 2 years.
It’s shown some nasty side affects on lab animals.
This comes from my father who’s a retired surgeon.
And, phizer is protected against lawsuits for that stuff for a reason.

‘22 Toyota Sequoia V8
‘23 Lexus LS500 awd
‘95 Ford F-super duty 4wd 7.3 p-stroke
& countless Jeeps & off road vehicles.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 455Grandville For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2021, 09:54 PM

No its not been tested long term. I guess if you want to wait 2 years thats up to you. If you become infected and then pass it to someone else do you think they would want to wait 2 years? I hope you nor the ones you expose do not have diabetes, heart disease, or a weak immune system.

Haven't seen any report of bad reactions in animals. Not saying it doesn't exist. Dont see that matters at this point when humans are already being vaccinated , myself included-no ill affects with first dose. Second in a few days. There have been some severe reactions in humans to this point though.

I only hope to convey what i have experienced and relate the seriousness of this situation as a practicing Hospitalist, board certified in internal medicine (the guys surgeons go to with questions about medicine) I by no means consider myself the expert on COVID 19 but I do know some stuff.

Also like to say I'm not one of those docs that is disconnected from regular society. I've been a physician for 15 years but before that I was in physical therapy, and before that I was an aircraft mechanic. Prior to that I worked in construction and drove heavy equipment for a little bit. Before that I was a poor farm boy.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Old 01-04-2021, 06:54 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

It kinda amazes me about some of the information/concerns circulating in the public domain. If someone is worried about the long term effects of a vaccine, I would expect them to be more concerned about the long term effects of actually contracting the live virus.

Additionally, although the vaccine has been fast-tracked, it still has to meet safety/efficacy requirements to be on the market and I'm not sure how Pfizer, Moderna (or any other successful vaccine) would be exempt from any lawsuits if gross negligence was discovered in the development or reporting process.

I would be more concerned about the data coming out about unreliable results (i.e. false negatives) with the Curative SARS-Cov-2 Test for COVID-19. Would explain some of the people walking around asymptomatic and continuing to spread. Read here - https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/...ce=govdelivery

Bottom line...if we are ever going to corral this virus, we all need to be doing our part for preventing spread (whichever way you feel most comfortable). Ignorance and conspiracy theories will not help.

1970 GTO (Granada Gold) - 400 / TH400
Old 01-04-2021, 10:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Unfortunately, discussions about COVID never work out well.

Closed Thread