THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 09-10-2020, 09:22 AM
Senior Chief

Things usually get locked up at night but there are times. My neighbor ,now retired, used to work nights and every now and then I would get a call at 10:30 that my overhead door was open and the lights were on.
I have two overhead doors on the front of the house and a few times I have walked into the house and thinking I was closing the open door I opened the closed door and went to bed. walked out in the morning into a wide open garage.
Did have someone in the neighbor hood one night going through unlocked vehicles. He opened every compartment in my neighbors van but couldn't find anything of value.. Mine was locked that night.
I grew up in a small town walking distance from the fairgrounds. The only time we ever locked anything or took the keys out of the car was when the fair was in town, those carnival workers were a scary bunch.

1969 Firebird 350 convertible, t-5, Carousel Red
2008 Solstice GXP 5speed manual, Sly
2008 Grand Prix, Ink Slate, Winter daily driver
2009 G8, Switchblade Silver, summer daily driver
Old 09-10-2020, 09:48 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Im bad about locking things in general. My GF complains all the time that I dont lock the doors on the house. I often leave my keys in my truck and leave the doors unlocked.

Im minorly better about the Firebird. I feel old cars are easier to hot wire and thus more likely targets, so I lock it sometimes. If I drive it to work I rarely even both to roll up the windows. Its on a military base though so I feel pretty good about it.

My house got broken into when it was locked. I generally feel that if someone really wants into the house or car they are going to get in there.

https://www.youtube.com/@CatfishMotorsports
Old 09-10-2020, 02:11 PM

Smile

Always lock your doors. Not sure about everyone else but if your car is stolen in Wis with the keys in the car, your insurance is invalid!! In other words, you're out the car with no money for it.
As to the house, why take the chance & offer temptation to any passers by?