Old 09-17-2018, 11:52 PM
Senior Chief

Send a message via AIM to 1968firebird455
Default 1970 Firebird PY classified purchase! Continuation car!

I was at work on the forum during lunch in Summer of 2014. I never checked the classified adds but that day I did and came across this add:

"1970 Firebird, Granada gold with Sandlewood interior, P/S, factory A/C and manual disc/drum brakes. Originally from Florida. was a 350 (still have original block, heads, intake) now is a 461 with Holley 870 carb, Holley intake, Holley blue pump, Edelbrock heads, Ross pistons, Eagle H beam rods and stroker crank, Alum. radiator, trans cooler, Headman headers, Flowmaster X pipe exhaust, Eaton posi, Strange axles, Lift bars and frame ties. Brand new seat covers,carpet, door sill plates, w/strip installed. It has an older respray that is showing its age. Presentable as is or take it to the next level and repaint it. Body is 99% rust free. Floors, frame rails, doors, trunk floor is perfect. Small rust scabs around front and rear window (nothing through) and 2 small 1/8" holes in bottom of lh fender.Rh fender has some filler in it from a dent. That is it! Factory primer is still on floors/rockers.$X,XXX OBO. For a quick response call me at XXX-XXX-XXXX.I have a few pics I can send if truly interested. Thanks.. :"

I contacted the seller and after work I hooked up the trailer and made the short trip about 45 minutes away. The car was exactly as described and was extremely solid and well represented. I got the car home and the neighbor kid had a friend over and they ran over to check it out. I pulled it off the trailer, warmed it up and pulled a holeshot down the drive and into the development across the street! That was 5 years ago...

In the beginning I just did some basic tuning and kept her dependable enough for the occasional cruise after work and date on the weekend. The car hasn't seen alot of miles since my purchase due to work, girlfriend and life but I have made some mods along the way to make it my own.

Just like the owner before me I made a few mods:
-1970 Date coded Muncie M21 with centerforce clutch and 1970 hurst shifter
-Year One 17" honeycomb wheels with Nitto tires
-New brakes and stainless lines
-Stainless parking brake cables
-Autometer gauges for oil and water temp
-Dougs headers
-Smoothed out the inside of the holley street dominator intake
-Fitech fuel injection
-ICE ignition system

As of now the car is a blast to drive. I have some minor fuel injection tuning to do to optimize the setup. I plan to treat it like the rest of my cars and drive the wheels off her! I post rarely and thought it would be fun to share with everyone.

Old 09-18-2018, 03:11 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Sounds like a winner
When do we get to see some pics of this Bird ?

Old 09-20-2018, 11:15 AM
Senior Chief

Send a message via AIM to 1968firebird455

Here is one. I'll post some more up later.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20141221_164050026.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	493192  

Old 09-20-2018, 01:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Looks like a real subtle sleeper .
Could hurt some feelings with the drivetrain you have.