Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 07-05-2018, 11:01 PM
Suspended

I'm sure this is true and I get it but it's not been my experience. I don't deal with Chevy guys much but all have been ok. The Ford guys have been the coolest and I deal with them a lot. The Pontiac guys not so much other than personal friends.

Yep, everyone thinks Pontiacs can't rev past 5500.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSPONT View Post
I hate to break this to you, but there are Aholes everywhere. Every brand, and if you go Chevy (since it is so popular) that gene pool gets very large. Good luck.

ps. You get more street races with a Pontiac because no one thinks they can run.

Old 07-05-2018, 11:02 PM
Suspended

Fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67GTO4SPEED View Post
You're right, but why does it have to be that way?

Oh yeah, I forgot, people get to sit behind a keyboard or on a phone and say things that would get their asses slapped down if they said to the right person's face.

Old 07-05-2018, 11:09 PM
Suspended

Another great post, thanks Robin.

I'm not sure if it's worth the effort to respond.

I'm with you, there wasn't a single person I would not help push or give parts to get running to the next round running a Pontiac. Things change.

I'll be ridiculed as being drunk or of my meds soon. It's the only tactics incapable people can implement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty T/A View Post
Really??? You were laughing.

I can't think of anyone I don't like enough to laugh if they were to burn up an engine. In fact, I can't think of anyone, even rivals, even you, or people I am sure I don't want to be associated with that I wouldn't help push back to the trailer and genuinely say how sorry I was that they had broken. To me this just shows your true character and how deep that jealousy is.

It also shows more ignorance. I did burn an exhaust valve once in one of my early sets of CV-1 heads running in Tucson where I was worried about the altitude and dry air (low water grains) and had the timing backed down too low trying to sneak up on it. I know you know, because the next day you were on Yellow Bullet asking how you burn an exhaust valve on nitrous. I just SMH! That's the only cylinder failure I ever experienced with a CV-1.

I burned a piston with a set of Tiger heads. I never said anything negative about the product. Why? Frank is a good dude, I am proud of them for building products and I can't say that I didn't have something off?? So, they took care of me and I didn't trash them, I praised them and still do. Guys like that have saved the Pontiac from extinction and they deserve credit. And so does Roland and Bill.

Just let it go!

Old 07-09-2018, 10:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Who crashes next week?

Old 07-09-2018, 11:07 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandam1979 View Post
Who crashes next week?
Gotta love the street!
They either break or crash!

GTO George

Last edited by GTOGEORGE; 07-09-2018 at 11:13 PM.
Old 07-09-2018, 11:37 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Monza

Old 07-09-2018, 11:53 PM
Suspended

It was kinda ironic that Chief made a gear change to go quicker, Funny!

GTO George

Old 08-20-2018, 09:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Big-Mouth Chuck at it again. As if he’s trying to weasel his way up to be the “leader” of the group.

He’s cancerous.

Anyone know what made a new hole in the header/exhaust pipe on Chiefs car last week? (During his race with Dave in which Chief lost by half a car)

"Turbos make no noise and leave the line like Baby Diarrhea!" - GTOGeorge
Old 08-21-2018, 11:55 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiacMatt72 View Post
Big-Mouth Chuck at it again. As if he’s trying to weasel his way up to be the “leader” of the group.

He’s cancerous.
When he spit in the guys face he should have been sent packing that night and kicked off the list, and he's always picking fights and running off at the mouth. He's not worth the baggage.

If Chuck were to take it over I wouldn't watch it, and nothing to do with Pontiac. He was hard enough to watch on the No Prep races.

Old 08-21-2018, 05:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ho428 View Post
When he spit in the guys face he should have been sent packing that night and kicked off the list, and he's always picking fights and running off at the mouth. He's not worth the baggage.

If Chuck were to take it over I wouldn't watch it, and nothing to do with Pontiac. He was hard enough to watch on the No Prep races.
I agree. Spitting into somebody's face is a deal breaker. No coming back from that.....a complete lack of character.

Old 08-21-2018, 06:42 PM
Suspended

I wouldn’t buy a used car off any of them.......maybe Dominator!

GTO George

Old 08-21-2018, 08:31 PM

I love the fact that Chief could rub their noses in that they all are getting their azzes drug by a Pontiac. I know in my neck of Michigan I get pounded for racing a Pontiac. "Chevy Country here" But he doesn t cause he knows they know. Discovery to me seemed to get on the Ryan and Chuck wagon last year and some what looked like they pushed Chief aside to me. Maybe why Chief, Dave and Shaun left the No Prep King show. Now the get back. Not that Chief seems to instigate, But most of the list other than Dominator seems to have lost their Tunes ( Remember when Dom couldn t even get off the line he was so Bad) and its comical to watch Ryan loose his mind over it. Chuck Ditto. Discoveries in a pickle cause their new boyz look like clowns. Last night......LMAO. Never seen Lutz mow the grass as much as he has. I m going to miss Reaper, he was always good for a laugh. I ll be the first to apologize to him the first time the steering wheel comes off in my hand . Oh mighty "Von Zeppelin" we need your inspiration.
"

Old 08-21-2018, 08:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

It was not Discovery that took them off, they took them off. In any show there needs to be good guys and bad guys otherwise the non car people would not watch it. They need them ratings!!

I am starting to like JJ Da Boss show better! I would rather watch S.O. rather than any other crap on TV.

Old 08-22-2018, 12:30 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegoat65 View Post
I love the fact that Chief could rub their noses in that they all are getting their azzes drug by a Pontiac. I know in my neck of Michigan I get pounded for racing a Pontiac. "Chevy Country here" But he doesn t cause he knows they know. Discovery to me seemed to get on the Ryan and Chuck wagon last year and some what looked like they pushed Chief aside to me. Maybe why Chief, Dave and Shaun left the No Prep King show. Now the get back. Not that Chief seems to instigate, But most of the list other than Dominator seems to have lost their Tunes ( Remember when Dom couldn t even get off the line he was so Bad) and its comical to watch Ryan loose his mind over it. Chuck Ditto. Discoveries in a pickle cause their new boyz look like clowns. Last night......LMAO. Never seen Lutz mow the grass as much as he has. I m going to miss Reaper, he was always good for a laugh. I ll be the first to apologize to him the first time the steering wheel comes off in my hand . Oh mighty "Von Zeppelin" we need your inspiration.
"
You have to remember, the other guys, the top ones are putting out far more power than Chief. What is he, 2000, 2500HP ? The twin turbo 481X guy have him covered by a lot of HP. Some of them boys must have 4K HP.
Its the street that is the great equalizer. Chief is so good getting the power down the track, such a good driver he is on top.
Sticky track, different story.
His new CV top end will get him some power when he gets it all sorted out.
It will be interesting for sure. No way they wont make 500+ more power than the 350 std. E heads.

Old 08-22-2018, 09:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Say what ya want but this is one bad Poncho!!

https://youtu.be/qKwpFjvdAEw

Old 08-22-2018, 10:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:

^^^Truth^^^

Old 08-22-2018, 10:15 PM
Suspended

Quote:

I'm sure he was out horsepowered but damn sure got it done no prep.... he had some power in it because he carried the front for close to 330... he is good street race no doubt!

Old 08-22-2018, 10:57 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Jackie Braasch

Old 08-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Suspended

There's no one touching it here, other than RR.

Quote:

Old 08-23-2018, 10:13 AM

Quote:

Thats what I m sayin. Fully preped national meet of course hes out gunned. Even then at the nationals with the Crow Mod I thought he was like mid pack of all the pre qualifers. I just remind my buddies now and again hes doin that with a production style aluminum Ram Air 4 head with a little more bore and stroke still in the confines of a factory replica aluminum block. Get your factory LS 6 out here.