Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 04-24-2018, 05:31 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Roberts View Post
I am at a point I only have a hand full of brain cells left and most of them are waving good by to eachother.. this thread is not helping my case...
X2 . I feel stupider every time I come in here . I write short posts , so I guess its time for me to go lick some windows !

Old 04-24-2018, 05:32 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragracerx2813 View Post
X2 . I feel stupider every time I come in here . I write short posts , so I guess its time for me to go lick some windows !
Don't forget your crayons and helmet...

Old 04-24-2018, 05:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
I am at a point I only have a hand full of brain cells left and most of them are waving good by to eachother.. this thread is not helping my case...
Yeah, maybe when I the block shows up I will start a thread so I can take on club DB myself and the the ECM boys have their day.

Brain cells heal right ???? Hopefully you will not end up with a dribble cup and diaper.

Old 04-24-2018, 05:34 PM
Suspended

So does that make you better then other racers?

GTO George

Old 04-24-2018, 05:35 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Don't forget your crayons and helmet...
What do I need a helmet for ?

Old 04-24-2018, 05:36 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragracerx2813 View Post
What do I need a helmet for ?
When u start banging your head against the window uncontrollably.....safety purposes..

Old 04-24-2018, 05:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragncar View Post
Many times the people who just write checks and can't do it for themselves are the ones who make the shortest possible posts. Just saying.
Not all the time but I believe their is truth to it.
Interesting, so short posts equals check writer, long post equals a do-it-yourselfer (dragncar)? Seems like a good formula for success.

Old 04-24-2018, 05:38 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
When u start banging your head against the window uncontrollably.....safety purposes..
It might be better if I don't wear a helmet!

Old 04-24-2018, 05:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
JS, its a 8 sec looking to go 7s. Small tires. Most unassuming ride ever. He is the shark. Besides, its all about knowing what you are doing at that level. Getting it to hook then knowing how to drive is where its at.
He IS one of them.
Tell him to PM me, I have a list of guys that would not mind him trying to take there $$.

Old 04-24-2018, 06:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOGEORGE View Post
So does that make you better then other racers?

GTO George
Don't put words in my mouth. Short enough for you ?

Old 04-24-2018, 06:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbird View Post
Interesting, so short posts equals check writer, long post equals a do-it-yourselfer (dragncar)? Seems like a good formula for success.
I said not all the time. You can read right ?
If I could write the checks, I would do more of it. So I do things the only way I can.

I know there are plenty of guys who do it themselves but do not want to speak up. Dont want the DB group pointed at them. But I do not really care if I get some started with me. I can take it. Some guy halfway across the country want to rip on me, so what.
Still do what I do.

Why dont we leave this to the ECM boys.
I will start a thread later on what I am doing so you can all have your shot, fair enough ?

Old 04-24-2018, 07:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

This Saturday is 4-28!

A good day to take ur Pontiac racing!

Anyone want to get skull dragged or donkey stomped?

I’ll see where Jeff or Billy are racing for you

7.940@170.84. 3460#s
Old 04-24-2018, 08:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

If you were successful in life and could work a few extra hours here and there to pay a real professional to build your engine you would. Don't hate the people who have succeeded in life. Learn from them. I said this before. A man once.told me it would cost him thousands to build his own engine and with his work schedule 10 times longer than it should. Not that he could not do it or build his own car. It made so sence to do because of time and lost income doing it. Your not going fast enough to need professional help so you don't get it.

Old 04-24-2018, 08:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
I love it when guys without a car sit there and try and find a way to take swings at people actually trying to do something.
Its a 69 GTO, my very first car, bought it in High School. Some would think you are committing a Federal Crime doing the full cage and racing a real 69 GTO down to the 8s risking it. Not a easy decision for me. This is not the 80s when they were cheap.
It takes a LOT of money to try this stuff. Doing a big engine AND making the car legal at the same time is lot.
Hooter runs his 525 CV engine to a easy 10 flat and you are not all over him. I sense jealousy. Its my car and if I have to shove a 850 on it to run 10 flat I will. I can cage it, buy another car, turn a Chevelle into a 69 GTO. My time frame, my deal.
I get cr@p from people who either have a LOT of money and would never do what I am trying. Or people who don't race, have no car and want to knock this effort down.
But I don't get it from people like me. Guys who are 11,10, 9 sec racers who do all they can themselves, don't just write checks and just looking to step up the hard way.
Its a big decision, and 90% of us should just be saving the cash for retirement.
But we race.
And pump gas, get off it. I have said before, people who just bracket race have money to burn or just don't get it. If I can make 850+ with a pump gas Pontiac, its reliable, consistent , win, win. Bracket racers are rich or foolish running 116 octane 10$+ a gallon fuel. Makes no sense. They just "feel" better with that snappy exhaust note and smell.
Then I get to see the look on their face when I beat them.
Not so... I have a 90 Firebird I started on a few years ago. My motor ( the 59) only needs rods rings and bearings. I could freshen my D ports throw my old HSD and 1000 cfm thermoquads or one of my Holley carbs.. Even have a set of headers to finish modifying to fit the 3rd gen chassis. BUT I plan going to 4" stroke and CV heads

Also have a good t400 and a Ford 9" in my stash.
I found a structure issue on the chassis, plus previous owner weakend roof putting sunroof in. I'm shopping for a stronger shell and have lots of nice straight rust free sheet metal. I have very little invested in current body and easily double my investment just in parts.
Like you Dragncar I do everything except machine work ( I'd do that if I had the equipment.)
Forced to retire at 53 to fight my health battles I haven't been down a track since 2005. My retirement $$$ was based on working til 65 or more. So part time money when I'm able is my play money.
If my health doesn't allow me to drive it, one of my daughters is very capable.
No big deal, it's not like I've never raced.(1988-1998 at least twice a month spring thru fall. Mostly street raced in the 70' s and most of 80's was family and career time. Fwiw first date with Deb was at the track racing our cars. We didn't line up. She ran street I ran mod.

I'm not busting your balls about running pump gas.... Not criticizing your heads either... You have a lofty goal for pump gas... Not saying you can't hit it... Just telling you you might be a bit on the edge and could more easily hurt things.

As far as adding four more bars to your roll bar to make it a cage.... you might not need to cut up your car... Besides, you can weld, grind, shape metal, so if you took car back to stock you should be able to restore to point no one would know. After all, you already have a 6 point roll bar.

BTW after 3 months of hospital time and a change of chemo I'm coming back strong. Started using the VA....

Old 04-25-2018, 12:49 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceWilkie View Post
Not so... I have a 90 Firebird I started on a few years ago. My motor ( the 59) only needs rods rings and bearings. I could freshen my D ports throw my old HSD and 1000 cfm thermoquads or one of my Holley carbs.. Even have a set of headers to finish modifying to fit the 3rd gen chassis. BUT I plan going to 4" stroke and CV heads

Also have a good t400 and a Ford 9" in my stash.
I found a structure issue on the chassis, plus previous owner weakend roof putting sunroof in. I'm shopping for a stronger shell and have lots of nice straight rust free sheet metal. I have very little invested in current body and easily double my investment just in parts.
Like you Dragncar I do everything except machine work ( I'd do that if I had the equipment.)
Forced to retire at 53 to fight my health battles I haven't been down a track since 2005. My retirement $$$ was based on working til 65 or more. So part time money when I'm able is my play money.
If my health doesn't allow me to drive it, one of my daughters is very capable.
No big deal, it's not like I've never raced.(1988-1998 at least twice a month spring thru fall. Mostly street raced in the 70' s and most of 80's was family and career time. Fwiw first date with Deb was at the track racing our cars. We didn't line up. She ran street I ran mod.

I'm not busting your balls about running pump gas.... Not criticizing your heads either... You have a lofty goal for pump gas... Not saying you can't hit it... Just telling you you might be a bit on the edge and could more easily hurt things.

As far as adding four more bars to your roll bar to make it a cage.... you might not need to cut up your car... Besides, you can weld, grind, shape metal, so if you took car back to stock you should be able to restore to point no one would know. After all, you already have a 6 point roll bar.

BTW after 3 months of hospital time and a change of chemo I'm coming back strong. Started using the VA....

Bruce I know where you could get a set of fusion heads 1/2 price.....pm me if your interested.

“It’s the process it takes to get to goals that sets us apart, the execution on every single play, one play,one life”
Notre Dame Head Coach Marcus Freeman

69 GTO NHRA Super Street Car
2860lbs 10.82@159.91 in Joliet May 2024 ….157.56 MPH in Gainesville in March ‘23
Old 04-25-2018, 01:23 AM
formerly 'Pontiac Jack'

I knew I'd look at this thread one too many times. What's "DB group"?

Old 04-25-2018, 07:59 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Gifford View Post
Anyone that doesn’t agree with him! LOL!

GTO George

Old 04-25-2018, 08:01 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Gifford View Post
Jack, according to Dragncar, it's Delta Bravo. Douche Bag in laymans terms.

Brian

Boobs & bacon
Old 04-25-2018, 08:10 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOGEORGE View Post
Anyone that doesn’t agree with him! LOL!

GTO George
Which is just about everyone, lol

Old 04-25-2018, 08:26 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbird View Post
Which is just about everyone, lol
Ya........I was going to say that BUT I just hate long posts! LOL!

GTO George