Interior TECH Upholstery, Carpet, Dash, Headliner...

Old 03-25-2018, 02:24 AM

Default Looking for 64 GTO Parchment interior pics

Hi...I am painting my 64 Nocturn Blue and want to go with a white interior. I got some samples from Ames and the Legendary sample is really more of a Taupe then white. I called Legendary for bigger samples but have not gotten them. The pictures I have seen on the web of parchment are white so just wondering if anyone has a 64 with parchment that you could post a pic of. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11219859-1964-pontiac-gto-std-c.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	478925   Click image for larger version

Name:	parchment interior.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	478926  

Old 03-25-2018, 02:41 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Parchment isn’t really white: it’s “parchment.” It’s described as “gold-ish” on here, and is more of an off-white. The paint color for your interior steel is ivory- also an off-white.

If you look carefully at the door panels in the picture you posted, you’ll see that they are off-white. (Look correct.). The seats look too white. This could be due to lighting, or they could be incorrect.

Old 03-25-2018, 02:22 PM

I thought that the seats on those 2 pics were too white also. I would like to see pics of someone's actual parchment interior to see if I like that or need to get something custom (Buick Frost White or from a Chevelle) from Legendary. I know that the 64 Parchment is different than the 65, 66 and 67 Parchment so HOPEFULLY someone has a picture because what I am seeing that is advertised as "Parchment"...I don't believe really is. Thanks!

Old 03-27-2018, 09:20 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

This is my parchment headliner from PUI and my first headliner install (67 GTO hardtop). I failed but gained considerable knowledge for my 2nd attempt. When I removed this headliner, it ripped beyond repair. So I bought the cheap OEM package from Ames Performance….yet to install it. I hope my pic’s may help you.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	SailPanel8.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	479214   Click image for larger version

Name:	Headliner3.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	479215   Click image for larger version

Name:	Headliner4.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	479216   Click image for larger version

Name:	Headliner5.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	479217  

Old 03-27-2018, 05:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

You will have to take in account the age of the material but this is the original material for the seats. I tried to take a picture of the sections least worn. Back seat and the back of the passenger seat.

The arm rest is a replacement and is much whiter than the original. The panel on the back of the front seats are whiter than the rest of the seats. Not sure why that is.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Old 03-27-2018, 05:34 PM

Jim -- Thanks for your reply. That helps...I am trying to find out how white the 64 GTO Parchment is. I don't believe that the 2 pics I posted in the original post represent the 64 Parchment...way to white. Yours looks more off white and according to Legendary, the same headliner and sail panels are used for 64, 65, 66 and 67 Parchment interiors. Thanks!

Old 03-27-2018, 05:37 PM

Thanks for the reply HALFWAY. Your pics look like something that I could live with...white but not too white. What color is your car? Is that a Nocturn Blue?

Old 03-27-2018, 06:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Actually it was York town blue originally, but it is now a darker blue. I wish I could remember the color I picked out 15+ years ago but I believe it was a mid 80's GM color, L84 sticks in my head but not sure.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Old 03-28-2018, 12:34 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Without going back and looking at all the 'books' and literature, I will make the following statement and hope this clears it up somewhat. In 1964 there was only 1 color interior, call it what you want, either parchment or white. It was mostly white in comparable to the 65 and up 'parchment' interiors. They too were only one color. So 64 = white, if you will and 65-up = parchment.

With that being said, Legendary will probably make you up an interior in any 'shade' of white that you wish. It's probably just a little extra time and possibly $$$.

HONEST JERRY'S SPEED AND EQUIPMENT
Old 03-28-2018, 01:52 AM

Looks good HALFWAY....nice color blue.

Old 03-28-2018, 02:03 AM

Thanks for the reply Jerry. Legendary will make it up in anything but it's an extra 25% so I'd rather not do that. I just wanted to make sure that it is a "white". The small sample I got from Ames is about the size of a half dollar and it looks tan or taupe.

Old 03-28-2018, 07:13 AM
Ultimate Warrior

64 is whiter in color compared to 65 as the 65 color is not as white as 64 .

Old 03-30-2018, 04:41 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Rlifehl;
Depending on my camera phone and your computer monitor, you may or may not see what I see. Anyway; the top part of the pic’s shows the Legendary headliner that I had installed, screwed up on, and pulled it out. They call it “Parchment”. The bottom part of the pic’s shows the headliner/sail panels I just bought from Ames. They called this OEM and white in color. I look at both colors and to me, they look “exactly” the same which I consider an “off white”. Now; for my 2nd rookie attempt to install the headliner the correct way, I read and heard that the quality of the two headliners are pretty much the same. From what I can see and feel…..the same. That said; when I am ready to purchase my door panels and seat covers, I’m going with Legendary.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	headliner8.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	479459   Click image for larger version

Name:	headliner9.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	479460