THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 03-18-2018, 09:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: 31May2013 Temporary home to the world's widest (that we know of) tornado. Lord, NO more Please...
Default Watching movie, The Bridge at Remagen, right now...

Always a good one! Have not seen it in a long time

Shut it off
Shut it off
Buddy, I just shut your Prius down...
Old 03-18-2018, 10:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Great movie!

Dr. Thomas Sowell
Old 03-19-2018, 07:47 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I had a chance to visit that area and Arnhem and many other WW2 battle sites on a historical tour. Some areas have changed dramatically, but you can still get a good feel for how things went down.

Old 03-19-2018, 10:34 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre View Post
I had a chance to visit that area and Arnhem and many other WW2 battle sites on a historical tour. Some areas have changed dramatically, but you can still get a good feel for how things went down.
There's a website out there someplace that compares photos taken during the war to how the same spot looks today. It's really interesting - some locations look nearly identical, and of course others have changed dramatically.

Old 03-20-2018, 12:59 PM
Performance Pontiac Author

77 T.C.
There is a US Army made UTube film about the Remagen bridge at
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROqNnkbYumY. It features some of the people that actually participated in the complete operation. Again, it is real time combat footage, and there is a second film - Part 2. There is commentary from the Generals and others that were there, including Eisenhower.

My brother, A. L. Hand, was in the 283rd Battalion of Army Combat Engineers, and helped build the first Bailey bridge across the Rhine as the Remagen bridge finally collapsed. A Baily was made of pontoons,sheet metal, and wood and required no welding!

This film is probably not as exciting as the movie, but it is the real thing!
Jim Hand

Old 03-20-2018, 01:48 PM
Performance Pontiac Author

Info on the Baily bridge concept and design - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bailey_bridge

My brother (and fellow combat engineers) spent two weeks in England (1944) on their way to France in order to learn to build the Baileys.

Jim Hand

Old 03-20-2018, 01:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
There's a website out there someplace that compares photos taken during the war to how the same spot looks today. It's really interesting - some locations look nearly identical, and of course others have changed dramatically.
Excellent site for sure, www.thirdreichruins.com

Old 03-20-2018, 02:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have seen movie a few times over the years. Good movie.

USPS Money Orders or Wal-Mart to Wal-Mart money gram wire transfer -preferred payments.

If Payment doesn't show up in 3-4 days, I move on to the next person that wants it.

Serious Inquiries Only - Shipping Isn't Free.