Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 10-18-2017, 08:25 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG View Post
For some reason I thought you ran a Tremec 5 speed? I went auto years ago after I sheared off first gear and the counter gear in my Muncie launching at 4000 rpm with slicks. A drag race trans and adjustable clutch are about $8500-$9000, not to mention a good rear, a lot easier with an auto.
I broke the tko 600 2 times, then sold it. I have a toploader in it, held up good for a while. I think the fork broke. I hope anyway. I will sell it for the converter I need.
I have a th 400 with a brake, Just need a converter. I hope I remember how to drive an auto! LOL
I got to give credit to the few 8 and 9 second H pattern stick drivers out there. If my car was light I think it would be a different story. Its heavy and I am tired of busting the trannys. It was the weak link to the car.

Old 10-18-2017, 08:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Here's one pass from inside the car. Hard to hear my real muscle car over that darned pony car! But as you can see, my car launches then RPM's drop as it hooks up. Just watch my body rise and fall into the seat as the car hooks, then bogs, then goes. I should have been MUCH faster. Oh well.

https://youtu.be/S3KC6pQf3dk

469, M21, 3.42

Old 10-18-2017, 08:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Very cool, nice spot for the camera!!