Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 09-27-2017, 08:44 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I thought it was funny that is all. Now go sit on a cactus

Old 09-27-2017, 08:46 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

And I'm sure Bart is a good dude. Not saying anything about him personally. I'm just saying that if I seen his car at a car show I would walk right past it without stopping because I like Pontiacs in Pontiacs.
And I'm not sure what the pro touring comment is all about, my 76 Trans Am is a 'pro touring' car from the factory and it's Pontiac powered

Old 09-27-2017, 09:38 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 535 tall deck View Post
And I'm sure Bart is a good dude. Not saying anything about him personally. I'm just saying that if I seen his car at a car show I would walk right past it without stopping because I like Pontiacs in Pontiacs.
And I'm not sure what the pro touring comment is all about, my 76 Trans Am is a 'pro touring' car from the factory and it's Pontiac powered
You know the drill-
We are all wrong and (he) is ALWAYS right!

LMFAO

Brian

Boobs & bacon
Old 09-29-2017, 12:46 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7T2 View Post
the cv-1 will perform as it will... im thrilled that vast majority of my users are happy... if that were not the case, they would be for sale pennies on the dollar everywhere.
we are all pontiac guys,
First off I know you have to be thrilled with Hooter finishing Drag Week heck I think we all are!!!!

2cnd if someone were to sell some used cv-1's how many pennies on the dollar do you think they would be worth? 60-70?

“It’s the process it takes to get to goals that sets us apart, the execution on every single play, one play,one life”
Notre Dame Head Coach Marcus Freeman

69 GTO NHRA Super Street Car
2860lbs 10.82@159.91 in Joliet May 2024 ….157.56 MPH in Gainesville in March ‘23
Old 09-29-2017, 03:46 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/st 54 View Post
First off I know you have to be thrilled with Hooter finishing Drag Week heck I think we all are!!!!

2cnd if someone were to sell some used cv-1's how many pennies on the dollar do you think they would be worth? 60-70?
BANGA GONGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-29-2017, 08:31 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosgrove View Post
Does this mean Fulton has the engine back in his car and that he has been testing?
Correct

Old 09-29-2017, 11:24 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Just like any other car or part, that would depend on how badly the owner F@#%^d them up.

Old 09-29-2017, 11:38 AM
Suspended

Quote:
I someone want to step up from their e-heads............

GTO George

Old 09-29-2017, 12:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

http://www.enginelabs.com/news/hall-...about-engines/

Just food for thought about the dyno questions in this thread. Scroll down to where he talks about valvetrains. Engine that showed a 100hp less on dyno went quicker on the track. The dyno doesn't tell you everything. You can have higher numbers on the dyno sheet and worse numbers at the track in the same car with the same driver at the same track on the same day, etc. etc.

And if you want to race dyno's, then you have to use the same dyno and same operator to give a true comparison IMO. I once made 2 dyno pulls back to back with no changes whatsoever within 5 minutes of one another and had about 25 hp difference. 2nd reading was false because I turned an adjustment knob on the console.

Old 09-29-2017, 01:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:

I would look at all the high dollar Eheads that have been for sale or have sold. I'm guessing the ones that sold were around $.50 on the dollar?

Leach
Dixon
Liljack
Wreckmaster
King Kinsler
Fulton
JD
http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=805670

Calvin Hill
Hill Performance
708-250-7420

Old 09-29-2017, 06:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I got my heads for 3800$ with a 1500$ freshen up on them. New springs, seals and valve job. All Ti valves to boot. Bought them from Gach who bought them from Lil Jack. So that is one pair. Mikes are still on his car, sad tale. Kinsler, doesn't he still run them ? Wreckmaster, who got them ? Highest flowing E head I have know of. Heard they went 420.
I thinks its great high end racers are stepping up. Allows people like myself to get a great head for the money. I can make far more power than I need right now with them.
A bunch of those guys started out with Gabby. He was one of the first to get 1000HP NA with them, if not the first. Should get credit.
I doubt Jack had over 7600$ in the heads, who knows. But I would think a bit over .50 cents on the dollar for me to get them. Still good deal. Especially if you think about the crazy dollars it takes to just get a little more power than the E heads gave. Expensive game.

Old 09-29-2017, 09:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Jeff still runs his E heads.

7.940@170.84. 3460#s
Old 09-29-2017, 09:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

EHTTFMF!!!

Old 09-29-2017, 10:02 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65nss4spdGTO View Post
I would look at all the high dollar Eheads that have been for sale or have sold. I'm guessing the ones that sold were around $.50 on the dollar?

Leach
Dixon
Liljack
Wreckmaster
King Kinsler
Fulton
JD
http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=805670

Calvin Hill
Hill Performance
708-250-7420
calvin,
dont forget about KO's 525ci eheads... and maybe soon some guy from oklahoma- lol

Quote:
if someone were to sell some used cv-1's how many pennies on the dollar do you think they would be worth? 60-70?
s/st-
not sure what to advise on price since so few cv-1's come up for sale used,,
maybe ask kelvin poe, since he was the last i know of that sold a set, then bought another set from me for his new project

Last edited by 7T2; 09-29-2017 at 10:45 PM.
Old 09-30-2017, 09:00 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:

I have no idea. I thought you sold one pair and another set you couldn't sell. Other CV1's I've seen put up for sale.

Bruce Driggers
The guy in Michigan with the Mustang
Pdude (I think)
Kelvin Poe
Rusty
Mysticmissle
Something had to of happened to Hooters old heads. Also Tom Syron sold his.

Since there are less of them out there (compared to the E-heads) they should go for more money. It would be like the Victor manifolds. Originally they had a waiting list and there were very few second hand ones put up for sale. Then as more were sold you could start to find used pieces for attractive prices.

Last edited by PAUL K; 09-30-2017 at 09:40 AM.
Old 09-30-2017, 09:54 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL K View Post
I have no idea. I thought you sold one pair and another set you couldn't sell. Other CV1's I've seen put up for sale.

Bruce Driggers
Pdude (I think)
Kelvin Poe
Rusty
Mysticmissle

Since there are less of them out there (compared to the E-heads) they should go for more money. It would be like the Victor manifolds. Originally they had a waiting list and there were very few second hand ones put up for sale. Then as more were sold you could start to find used pieces for attractive prices.

Old 09-30-2017, 10:51 AM
Suspended

Quote:

Bruce Driggers
Pdude (I think)
Kelvin Poe
Rusty
Mysticmissle

I'm thinking most those guys got out of racing......PDude, Kevin, etc.

GTO George

Old 09-30-2017, 11:16 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:

Bruce Driggers
Pdude (I think)
Kelvin Poe
Rusty
Mysticmissle

Paul,

If you don't know all the facts, maybe you shouldn't post.

Driggers is getting ready to be back out with his.
I bought the Mustang heads back.
Poe sold his closed chamber to buy another set of big chamber for the Turbo.
Syron sold his? REALLY?

Calvin Hill
Hill Performance
708-250-7420

Old 09-30-2017, 11:23 AM
Suspended

Some people are BUTT HURT because racers are junking their e heads for something better!

GTO George

Old 09-30-2017, 11:31 AM

Quote:

Bruce Driggers
Pdude (I think)
Kelvin Poe
Rusty
Mysticmissle

Paul , mine were up for sale , but it had NOTHING TO DO WITH THE HEADS , had some personal issues back then , the motor is back in my car , waiting on a couple things to get back racing .