Old 09-24-2017, 10:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Source for Correct Oil Dip Stick Upper Tube for AC/Ram Air

While at the TA Nats I learned that my car had the incorrect upper oil dip-stick tube. It is touching the back of the passenger side snorkel of the Ram Air breather.

I ordered a new one from Firebird Central like the one in the link below but it turned out to be the same as the one I have.

https://www.firebirdcentral.com/Prod...tCode=ENC-2015

I lifted these photos from the current ebay add for the Blue 74 Formula. This is the style I need. Any idea on where to buy it?

Thanks,
BJ

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old 09-24-2017, 10:14 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Not sure how they fit but I believe AMES got a shipment in a few months ago.

Old 09-25-2017, 08:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

http://www.forums.maxperformanceinc....d.php?t=785977

I posted a picture of the FN419H extension here. As you can see, it's not the same. I don't think there is a correct replacement. Here are a couple of pics from Dan's car.

Old 09-25-2017, 10:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks again Mike. Just ordered from Ames, along with the screw and nut plate to mount it to the AC bracket. I also got the heat riser hose swapped out from the silver aluminum to the black version that you pointed out at the TA Nats. Slowly but surely getting the deatails addressed!

BJ