Old 04-30-2017, 06:47 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default 68 water pump and crank pulleys

Hi I am piecing together a pontiac 400 engine it is a 72 vintage but when I got it I put 69 heads on it and lost a bolt hole so I couldn't use the power steering alt bracket that came with it. I found a 67-70 bracket set up for alt and power steering. After I mounted every thing getting ready to put in car I found that the atlternator and power steering pulleys were about 3/8 inch set back from the water pump and crank pulley.

Are there different pulleys for those years? There are not any part numbers on either pulley.

Any help will be appreciated.

Greg

Old 04-30-2017, 07:09 PM

You lost a bolt hole in the head but that's much more easy to deal with than a mismatched set of pulleys and accessories.

I'd go back to all the '72 pulleys and brackets that came on the engine to begin with.