Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Old 03-13-2017, 10:36 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Pontiac intake decode

I have an intake that came with some parts I bought and I am trying to decode it so I know what it came on. The intake# is 525355 with a date of K046 which I have found out is 11/04/76. I found some numbers that match the intake number and 3 engines come up; 350cu/165hp, 400cu/185hp and 455cu/200hp. Would this same intake have gone on all three engines and if so is there any difference between the 3? It just seems odd that the exact same intake would have been used on three much different sized engines but I am probably just over thinking this and Pontiac had these on all 3 engines. I am sure this is really basic to most of you but I have always had Edelbrock intakes on my Pontiac engines and this is the first time I have tried to decode one. Thanks

Old 03-13-2017, 11:06 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Pontiac basically used the same intake for all the engine sizes for that year and 4 bbl.

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 03-13-2017, 11:11 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Thanks, I guess when I look at the aftermarket they do the same as far as engine size for intakes so it would make sense Pontiac had a one size fits all approach also.

Old 03-13-2017, 11:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Also, the date code indicates it's from the 1977 model year. There was no 455 in 1977. So, that particular intake was only used on 350 and 400 that year.

But, it could've been used on a 455 if there had been one in 77, since it was no doubt the same as the one used on a 75-76 455.