Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 01-26-2017, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john marcella View Post
BOP on Mike's. 8800 to 9k. But had a few hours of work in it. Lol.
He certainly did attribute some significant gains to that manifold .... Then told mine might be a little better.

Old 01-26-2017, 10:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10second70GP View Post
Hell yeah and we are going to use all that rpm too
Careful 10sec. Mike had to go dry sump to solve his oiling issues at that kind of RPM. Told me it was either that or a heavily baffled oil pan. Went to crazy high dollar billet pistons too. But at 18-1 he might have needed them.

Old 01-26-2017, 11:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Tell you this, that must be one awesome BOP Mike had, now G has. Pulled to 8800 with a 565 !. A lot of you know I was to buy Mikes E heads. Baddest on the planet. What happened, happened, still messed up.
So I got offered another very high end set of E heads by a member. Now getting those, could not pass them up. Would cost me far more to get them made and have the capability to make more power than I need. Gabbys max E heads. 404cfm. Mikes were 414 I was told. And I know, (John) cfm is less than half the equation. But its a number us non head porters can kind of use as a ruler.
Called Gabby, nice guy and willing to talk. He has done sets of these heads by the E head big dogs, Kinsler, Lil Jack, Dwight. Mentioned more but cant remember them all. Gave me dyno HP numbers and said peak HP was at 7500 with 535s. And if I wanted to run a 505 it would be 7700-7800. Pretty sure this was with his heavily ported Victors. But the BOPs seem to peak in the same range.
Except for Marcellas BOP. 8800-9000.... thats over one thousand RPMs of "pull" difference. Out of a 565 no less. Living up to your knick name Magic Man.
10sec, you might want to invest in some Depends for you first full pass. Mikes E heads are the baddest ever. You will now have the baddest High Ports ever to go along with the best BOP ever. He told me he though John could get 450, maybe 460 cfm out of the HPs. And you know they will run better than the flow numbers.

Old 01-27-2017, 12:05 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Hell yeah , Our goal is to put her in the 7's with this new top end. Its going to love the sledgehammer plate , with marcella HP's and mikes intake she's gonna scream . Marcella HP TTFMF . And yes will still be getting it done on the street out here in NJ . With Marcella and Ron Rhodes in my corner I think we will reach our goal .

Old 01-27-2017, 12:12 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragncar View Post
Tell you this, that must be one awesome BOP Mike had, now G has. Pulled to 8800 with a 565 !. A lot of you know I was to buy Mikes E heads. Baddest on the planet. What happened, happened, still messed up.
So I got offered another very high end set of E heads by a member. Now getting those, could not pass them up. Would cost me far more to get them made and have the capability to make more power than I need. Gabbys max E heads. 404cfm. Mikes were 414 I was told. And I know, (John) cfm is less than half the equation. But its a number us non head porters can kind of use as a ruler.
Called Gabby, nice guy and willing to talk. He has done sets of these heads by the E head big dogs, Kinsler, Lil Jack, Dwight. Mentioned more but cant remember them all. Gave me dyno HP numbers and said peak HP was at 7500 with 535s. And if I wanted to run a 505 it would be 7700-7800. Pretty sure this was with his heavily ported Victors. But the BOPs seem to peak in the same range.
Except for Marcellas BOP. 8800-9000.... thats over one thousand RPMs of "pull" difference. Out of a 565 no less. Living up to your knick name Magic Man.
10sec, you might want to invest in some Depends for you first full pass. Mikes E heads are the baddest ever. You will now have the baddest High Ports ever to go along with the best BOP ever. He told me he though John could get 450, maybe 460 cfm out of the HPs. And you know they will run better than the flow numbers.

Thanks for the nice words.

And the HP model head did land just shy of 460, was a bit surprised it was that good. Kinda didnt think it would get there.

Best of luck on your build !

ph. 248-259-6696
Old 01-27-2017, 12:51 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by john marcella View Post
So what is the actual debate here.?

My personal opinion is...
Out the box I like the Tiger
Heavily modified I like to bop.
But really I don't like either. Lol

john,
for as many on this site that have called you 'magic man' with regards to your abilities...
why havent you capitalized on those online praises to take names (deposits) and manufacture your own line of pontiac parts?

Old 01-27-2017, 01:07 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7T2 View Post
john,
for as many on this site that have called you 'magic man' with regards to your abilities...
why havent you capitalized on those online praises to take names (deposits) and manufacture your own line of pontiac parts?

Because I try not to make business decisions based on emotion. Anybody that is made a product for Pontiac Motors in my opinion has made an emotional decision to do so. Or at least many of them. Far better markets to get into financially.
The truth is I would actually like to . But then there's the realization of what I feel is right( design-wise) versus what the actual Market is (design-wise).
What I wouldn't mind is actually working with somebody that is already involved in the Pontiac Market to develop a product together. But I'm pretty specific and adamant about certain designs, and that may be hard to work with for some.

ph. 248-259-6696