THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 06-25-2016, 11:18 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Tonight's the last leg of Ohio Sprint Speedweek at Eldora Speedway

Tonight's the last leg of Ohio Sprint Speedweek at Eldora Speedway. My wife and I have made 4 out of the past seven nights of racing of Tony Stewart's All Star Circuit of Champions sanctioned races. We will be on our way this afternoon to Eldora to see the the final night of racing which pays $10,000 to the winner. We've seen some great racing this past week.

Kyle Larson of NASCAR fame had a week off and won 2 features and left Thursday to return to NASCAR leading the points. He had top 5 finishes in the first 6 nights of racing. He's a great sprint car driver.

The usual Ohio speedweek drivers that normally dominate, have been inconsistent at best, nice to see some different drivers up front and winning feature races.

For next year we plan on following the whole circuit seeing all 8 races and sleeping in our fifth wheel camper during the week, driving between the race tacks during the day, should be fun and I've been wanting to follow the circuit ever since I moved to Ohio in 2001.

I know 99.9% of the members here only know 2 cars running side by side on an asphalt strip, but to me this is what my wife and I enjoy. Last night we witnessed 26 cars with 800-950 HP engines running a dirt quarter mile bullring in under 10 seconds a lap for 40 laps. Last night here were more than the usual number of wrecks, but thankfully all drivers were able to exit their cars just shaken and a little worse for wear. Being a former driver of dirt stock cars I never like to see equipment torn up, nor drivers hurt.

Last night was the race at the smallest track, 1/4 mile , typically they race on 3/8-1/3 mile tracks. Tonight they race on Eldora's 1/2 mile high banks (140 MPH). Looking forward to tonight's finale.

The best part is every race night, is we get to take home a souvenir of the nights racing, DIRT!!!!!!!!!!!!.........................

Every time I go to a race on asphalt, I feel I got cheated..........

Link to All Star Sprint Circuit of Champions: http://www.allstarsprint.com/

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

Old 06-25-2016, 11:31 AM
Suspended

Make a Video of the Eldora Race Tonight Brad.
Have the Grandkids help you post on You Tube.

I rode by Morris, IL Asphalt Speedway last night at about 8:15 pm.
I was in my 1963 Grand Prix.
Took the long Way home.
2-lane Country roads I know to & from Joliet.

They were Racing in Morris.
Heard the Thunder over my car.

When I get caught up on projects I have to hit the Dirt tracks here on Saturday night.
Take my Young Boys with.

Old 06-25-2016, 12:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

My wife usually posts video of the races on her Facebook page. I know she posted the. Four car wide salute to the fans before the feature and the start of the race.

1984 Grand Prix

Old 06-25-2016, 11:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

"The Wild Child" Jac Haudenschild wins tonight's 30 lap A Main.

Name: Jac Haudenschild
Nickname: The Wild Child
Hometown: Wooster, OH
Birthdate: April 7, 1958
Height: 5’5″
Weight: 135
Wife: Patty (Sweeney)
Children: Sheldon, Raquel
Total Career Feature Wins: Over 300

Jac's son Sheldon was leading the Ohio Sprint Speedweek going into tonight's race by 2 points, and suffered 2 blown RR tires. The team changed the first one, and about 10 laps in, blew the RR again killing his chances of winning the speedweek points.

Chad Kemenah ended up winning the speedweek points.

My GTO is covered in dirt and so am I.....LOL

Ended up attending 5 of the 8 races this past week...............

1984 Grand Prix

Old 06-26-2016, 11:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Looks like the week of racing helped 'Smoke'!

HONEST JERRY'S SPEED AND EQUIPMENT
Old 06-27-2016, 08:30 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Jerry, On Wednesday night he was at the races and riding a pit bike around just before they pushed off the feature. He fist pumped all the drivers while they were waiting to get pushed off. He looked pretty happy in his role of All Star official/owner.

My wife pointed it out to me, he was less than 100 feet from our seats, "that's Tony on that bike". To be truthful I never even looked at the guy going from car to car, it was Tony for sure. NASCAR had the week off and he was at the place that makes him happiest, at the dirt tracks. So he and Kyle Larson were spending time away from NASCAR, back to their roots................

BTW, since Tony bought the All Stars, the series is so much better than when the former owner Guy Webb owned it. He has elevated it to a much better sanctioning body, keeping drivers, owners and fans much happier. No rainouts the entire week was great too.

1984 Grand Prix