THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 06-12-2016, 08:51 AM
Suspended

Default Pontiac Commercials Through the Life of the American Icon

https://youtu.be/-Z_3juqv4fU

Old 06-12-2016, 09:12 AM
Ultimate Warrior

What really made me think watching the entire video was when they got to the 2004 GTO and newer ads, I don't remember EVER seeing them on TV. What did they do, make the ads and never buy any time to show them when someone would see them? I thought they were actually quite well done, like the one for the less than stellar G6. I can't help but still feel the cars stand the test of time even today, 7 years after they went out. A 7 year old Pontiac still looks fresher and for a much younger buyer than a brand new Buick. The 65-67 ads for the GTO were really great. Did you catch the verbiage in the 67 GTO ad that it was the "ultimate driving machine? How many people always thought that was BMW? Also BMW stole the "classic split grille" and refer to them as such. Pontiac had them years before. It's interesting how Pontiac/GM simply gave away those and so many other distinctive features without a whimper.

Old 06-12-2016, 09:23 AM
Ultimate Warrior

the last Pontiac commercial i can remember is the Black Ram Air T/A at a stop light where it eats the competition and pieces are left behind on the street....its burned in my brain....maybe something like that with the GTO would have made it the ICON the early cars where...i dunno...i cant rememver seeing a commercial ever of the last GTOs

The Goat whisperer

"I spent a lot of my money on booze, crazy women, and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."

Old 06-12-2016, 09:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Introducing the new Solstice. That was the last excellent commercial for me.