Members Helping Members help Buying a non Pontiac item, transportation help, Handy-man advice, directions, vacation ideas, places to dine, ebay and generally anything you think might help other members.

Old 05-01-2016, 10:10 PM

Default HELP pricing NOS and original parts!

Hello everyone and thank you in advance for your help. I have a set of 65 Bonneville NOS tail lights, original dash pad with a/c on top, an automatic center console, and a 66 GTO tri-power with the three rochester carbs. I have no clue what to ask for any of these parts. I purchased them over a decade or more ago and have yet to even locate another set of NOS tailights or dash pad w/ac to guesstimate by. Your expertise and assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Old 05-02-2016, 11:41 PM
Suspended

I have to be smart here. I'm sorry if any of you get offend by this but this guy knows exactly what the parts are before he put it on here. I'm sure he's just trying to look like a good guy & not over charge for his parts, when I see true BS I call you on it. You only have to be a Pontiac owner for now more then 6 months to know what & how much your parts are worth & how much your going to over charge for them. All he's doing is playing a game hoping he can snag some one who doesn't know the game he's playing. If you really want to sell them do everyone a favor & be honest in your pricing then maybe you'll have some offers on the parts you already know your going to over price. Thats why you haven't gotten any replies. Except this one. If you really want to sell them , I'll give you $ 100.00 for the tri-power & you can sell the other parts to the guy who really has a hard enough time finding the parts you have trying to restore his car so he can be proud of it without spending 200K trying to do it because people like you are just trolling for some unsuspecting person who's trying to keep our hobby alive & doing it without wiping out his retirement funds & losing his sanity along with it.

Old 05-03-2016, 12:39 AM

thanks rex73gto......Let me get this straight here.......I have nothing better to do with my time on this green earth but to join a forum, post for feedback on pricing so i can milk someones retirement funds. Surely your not serious here.... I am in the process of itemizing because i never got around to fixing up our Bonneville (family and medical first)and they need a good home. It's actually the opposite than selling them for a high price, I'm not that lowlife that takes advantage of someones ignorance and price gauge them to death. It clearly shows your lack of class and morals the way you think and jump to conclusions. I know exactly what i paid for some of the parts a decade ago, the rest was included with the car in the early 90's. I was wanting to build this with my son but he is no longer with us if you can understand. I was only going to this forum because a friend of mine mentioned it. You ought to be ashamed of yourself just trolling forums to criticism people for having the foresight and due diligent to educate themselves. I never asked anyone to make me an offer or that they were even for sale. I simply wanted to know there worth so if I decided to move forward and get rid of them. please read my thread and then keep your apology to yourself. Should i search eBay or Craigslist for pricing or should I go directly to the people that deal with these parts on a daily basis. Please don't waste another second of my time or my thread and find other more prudent things to criticize. Life is to short pal. I hope you never lose a child and then hang on to a project for sentimental reasons, only to need assistance from society forums and then be ridiculed or chastised because someone took it upon themselves to be the forum police. go ahead and book'em Dano

Last edited by 65bonneville; 05-03-2016 at 12:52 AM. Reason: added additional verbage
Old 05-03-2016, 05:18 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

WOW

Old 05-03-2016, 06:24 AM
Senior Chief

why not sell them for what you paid 10 years ago?

Old 05-03-2016, 07:05 AM
Senior Chief

Wow, Great welcome for a new forum member..... Even if the guy were trying to rip people off isn't still up to the buyer to decide if they would be paying to much????

Old 05-03-2016, 09:34 AM
Ultimate Warrior

$100.00 for the Tri Power what a joke! Get real rex.

98 views and nobody has the guts to help a guy out? I'm sure there are plenty of PM's from people looking to buy said parts!

For the '66 GTO tripower more info is needed. Intake and carbs, are the carbs correct ones with tags? carb linkage, fuel lines, water neck? What condition is setup in? Core, rebuilt, restored? A complete core tripower with correct carbs should be worth about 700. Rebuilt 1400. Resored to concours 2000. Of course anyone wanting to buy the tripower to resell it would want to be into it for about half of my estimates.

For the '65 full size parts I am no expert so I'd suggest taking what you paid for the NOS stuff years ago and multiply by 4 that is your starting point. The original stuff maybe double what you paid?

Sorry for the loss of your son and the need to sell of the project and parts, Good luck.

Email jbr69gto@gmail.com

My Website www.minnesota-muscle.com

Old 05-03-2016, 09:57 AM

Thank you GTO JOHN for your time and information. That's exactly what I was looking for, just a starting point to gauge by. I just want to be in the ball park when i decide to sell them. Thanks again

Old 05-03-2016, 10:14 AM
Ultimate Warrior

When you say 65 Bonneville tail lights, are you talking about just the lenses? 65 had a long pot metal tail panel on it. If just the plastic lens, they would be about $200 for the pair, but you would have to find the right guy as used ones are available.

Dash pad? Well the last quote I got was $1100 to have mine redone. For a used one, if in perfect condition and still soft, somewhere around half of that as the just dashes redone ones are very nice. (will work on 65 and 66 but slightly different)

Auto Console. I have picked up several in the $100 range, but have seen perfect ones sell for $300. Lots of used ones out there. (will work on 65 and 66)

Tripower. Agree with John above.

65 Cat Ventura, 66 Cat Vert, 63 GP
Old 05-03-2016, 10:42 AM

Thanks 63gpman.....Yes the lenses only without metal frame, i think i paid 90 back in the day.Billions and trillions have a NOS lenses for 650, yikes. Dash pad has great color but does have a couple 6-8in vertical cracks behind the center ac vent. console is probably average shape and i just learned that the carbs are period correct for the tri set up.. 9782898...7029683...7031575....7029683

Thanks again for everyone that helped me.....

Old 05-03-2016, 10:46 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65bonneville View Post
Billions and trillions have a NOS lenses for 650
He will have those for a long long time!!! I stand by my thoughts on value at $200 to the right person.

if the dash pad has cracks, it is likely a $50 part if you can find someone that will buy it, crazy how cracks change the value.

Old 05-03-2016, 02:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I think John gave you an honest, accurate account of the tri-power value. Those figures are in line with what I've seen, anyway. And I believe the '66 set up is the most valuable of the 60's units. The full size stuff I would have no clue, but there is some excellent help on this forum, and I think you're getting some of it.
Sorry about the loss of your son, and good luck with with getting things sorted out.
And on behalf of everyone else, my apologies for the reception you started out with.

Welcome!

Old 05-03-2016, 07:34 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Have you checked EPay? Check for recent sales, and see if what you have is close to what sold.

Old 05-03-2016, 09:26 PM

Thanks 400 4spd. and simple man......I agree this forum and Pontiac community is phenomenal when it comes to helping others. Won't let a couple of the bad apples spoil the bunch. I guess it still comes down to good ole supply and demand to increase or decrease ones value.

Old 05-03-2016, 09:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

That is how I came up with $200 for the tail lights.

Tail lights
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-1966-Pon...dWtQlc&vxp=mtr

This one took an offer less than $99
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1966-PONTIAC...p2047675.l2557

Old 05-03-2016, 09:47 PM

that is a great way to look at it....like this for the 65 bonneville. Thanks 63gpman

tail light...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-1965-Pon...lWtVb6&vxp=mtr

and crazy tail lights with 5 people watching them...650
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1965-Pontiac...FWQ4fQ&vxp=mtr

Old 05-03-2016, 10:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Crazy, had 66 in my head. The first one you posted took an offer of less than $100 for it. the 2nd one is being sold by

This guy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	v1.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	427658  

Old 05-04-2016, 12:14 AM

That is hilarious...lmfao....It must be the guy

Old 05-04-2016, 08:12 AM
Ultimate Warrior