THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 04-21-2016, 08:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Unhappy

Very Sad to hear of another loss so close to my life, in my time.
When I first met my wife she was into him long before all the his theatrical BS.
I love my wife so I was open to giving him a chance.
Regardless of my opinion it is sad to see another true artist lost.

Last edited by Jeff Hamlin; 12-04-2016 at 07:49 AM.
Old 04-21-2016, 10:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

RIP, Prince. Just too many talented musicians dying young. He was one of the few who really tried to live and eat healthy. Didn't help in his case. Not my style of music for the most part, but he could really play and many different instruments, wrote many songs for other artists. He will be missed.

Old 04-21-2016, 10:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I agree with Greg, Prince was a very talented guitar player and artist. It's sad he died so young

Old 04-21-2016, 10:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

One of the local radio stations in Minneapolis is playing through his entire catalog in chronological order: http://www.thecurrent.org/listen

Old 04-21-2016, 11:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

its a real shame...i am one of the MTV generation kids..we used to watch it daily..you know when they played music on MUSIC TV...and would turn our tv up full blast when purple rain would come on..the windows would rattle..we loved it..i cant really think of anything he made i didnt like..i dint buy anything,,but cant say a bad thing about him..and he could swing an axe..

RIP..

The Goat whisperer

"I spent a lot of my money on booze, crazy women, and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."

Old 04-22-2016, 05:36 AM
Ultimate Warrior

drugs. did it to himself. who cares. http://www.aol.com/article/2016/04/2...1-de/21348997/

Old 04-22-2016, 07:24 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Zeek View Post
drugs. did it to himself. who cares. http://www.aol.com/article/2016/04/2...1-de/21348997/
We should all care Jim. I couldn't give a rats arse for Prince but that doesn't stop me feeling of the futility and loss to others that drugs cause.
Ian

Old 04-22-2016, 08:30 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I heard a story about him eating on top of the eiffel tower and left a tip of his CD with $100. Seemed like he was a pretty decent guy.

Old 04-22-2016, 09:11 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Zeek View Post
drugs. did it to himself. who cares.
Despite what some 'quality' news sites are reporting the cause of death is not yet known.

Old 04-22-2016, 11:15 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Liked some of his music,, just couldnt stand to watch him
RIP. Prince.

Old 04-22-2016, 11:32 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Not only was he one of the best guitarist of all time but also drummer and pianist.

Old 04-22-2016, 11:34 AM
Senior Chief

Location: Gilroy, California, USA-Garlic Capital of the world!
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heybuck View Post
We should all care Jim. I couldn't give a rats arse for Prince but that doesn't stop me feeling of the futility and loss to others that drugs cause.
Ian
Well said, Ian, but considering that his aircraft made an emergency unscheduled landing last Friday, allegedly so he could be treated with Narcan, I think we all know where this one is going to wind up.

IOW, he's probably gonna be just another dumbass entertainer with too much money and fame who killed himself with drugs. Frankly, that leaves me cold.

~Jack Handey, Deep Thoughts
Old 04-22-2016, 11:48 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Drugs may have been the issue, but any news at this point is speculative at best.

Old 04-22-2016, 11:50 AM
Ultimate Warrior

RIP Prince. A talented and creative musician without a doubt.

In other news...

Old 04-22-2016, 12:02 PM
Senior Chief

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
Drugs may have been the issue, but any news at this point is speculative at best.
This is why I used "probably." We won't know for sure until the post is done and the toxicology report comes in. But......:-/

Old 04-22-2016, 12:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dillon View Post
This is why I used "probably." We won't know for sure until the post is done and the toxicology report comes in. But......:-/
TMZ is reporting that he was treated for a percocet OD just days before his death.

Quote:
Prince had OD'd on Percocet days before his death, and he ingested so much EMTs had to administer a "save shot" at the airport where his plane made an emergency landing to save his life. Sources in Moline, Illinois tell TMZ, Prince's entourage told responders he had taken the painkiller after his Atlanta concert which triggered the emergency.
Percocet is a painkiller which contains a combination of acetaminophen and oxycodone, an opioid. It is highly addictive.
We're told Prince was taking painkillers for a hip problem. We're told he had corrective surgery for his hips around 2010.
http://www.tmz.com/2016/04/22/prince-od-percocet-death/

Last edited by 69goatboy; 04-22-2016 at 12:21 PM.
Old 04-22-2016, 12:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yes speculation TMZ unnamed source, so early judgement. They have been right in past, but pretty vague stuff so far. If to judge, as balance, we should list all celebrities who died from medical or accident or suicide alcohol related deaths. Not much difference IMO. The main thing and I am not a fan, but as a music buff.... anyone that can do a whole album 2X entirely by themselves is a rare talent. He did some legendary songs. RIP.

Old 04-22-2016, 12:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by bird72 View Post
If to judge, as balance, we should list all celebrities who died from medical or accident or suicide alcohol related deaths..
Try doing it with non celebrities if you want to see a long list. We'll find a lot of our own family members and children on it. People make mistakes. Sometimes they become addicted to bad things and it's not all recreational in nature. Sometimes doctors get people addicted.
Either way, and this is not directed at anyone in particular on this thread, but if a person dies of a drug overdose and that causes you to disdain their memory, why not keep it to yourself? Why throw darts at the person's memory?
The way I can see this headed, it reminds me of those Westboro Baptist Church folks who show up protesting at veteran's funerals because they hate the military.

Old 04-22-2016, 02:04 PM
Senior Chief

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69goatboy View Post
TMZ is reporting that he was treated for a percocet OD just days before his death.

http://www.tmz.com/2016/04/22/prince-od-percocet-death/
The "save shot" mentioned is Narcan, a narcotics (and opiod) antagonist that quickly reverses the effects of an overdose.

Old 04-22-2016, 02:23 PM

His hip and joint problems were supposedly pretty serious. If he was in significant pain, it's really hard to blame the guy. He was supposedly very good at hiding the pain. One of his managers referred to him as a "very good faker". I don't think this was the "typical" celebrity overdose.