Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 03-15-2016, 08:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I still think they need to get these guys off the streets. It's not the racing on the street that makes the show, it's the cars, camera angles, back stories and personalities.

Noticed about 100 fewer beeps in last nights, of course I had it muted when I saw it coming though.
I just don't like loud, mouthy in your face anything, that's not entertaining to me, but some honey boo boo folks must like it since there's enough of those type shows on.

Old 03-15-2016, 09:00 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Watching last nights episode....

These guys are a joke.....

400HO / TKX 3.27 1ST GEAR-.72OD / 3.36 POSI
HOTCHKIS/UMI/BILSTEIN
Old 03-15-2016, 10:20 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Concerning liability in an earlier post. If and when someone gets seriously injured or killed, it will be a free for all feeding frenzy for the lawyers. Everyone will sue everyone. The ones with no lawyers or lousy ones will be left out in the cold. The actual racers if they have no assets will lose what little they have. The production company will "go out of business" and reform at a later time under a new name and get off scott free. Any money that is actually generated from the law suits will be split by the lawyers. It is America after all. All the disclaimers and exclusions and contracts will mean nothing. The same results can happen on an NHRA track on a closed course. But at least some claim can be made that "reasonable" accommodations were made for safety of fans and drivers. Hard to make that argument in a made for TV "street race". The show is just like watching a train wreck, you can't not watch it!

Old 03-15-2016, 01:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I was really surprised after the truck wreck, after the fire truck and ambulance (that were both on scene) did their jobs, that the racing was continued. Especially since it suppose to be on a "public" street. Loved the big green skid steer that simple picked up the wrecked truck and moved it out of the way.

Old 03-15-2016, 04:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

how about the no cross just touch center line re run BS............what a joke!!
The show is doomed now!
Only the CrowMod can bring it back............

Old 03-15-2016, 06:36 PM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob B View Post
I was really surprised after the truck wreck, after the fire truck and ambulance (that were both on scene) did their jobs, that the racing was continued. Especially since it suppose to be on a "public" street. Loved the big green skid steer that simple picked up the wrecked truck and moved it out of the way.
BUT IT IS ON A PUBLIC STREET, that has been converted into a filming zone with 18 LEOs (POLICE) on the property, a Ambulance and crew, a Fire Truck and crew, a Green Skid Steer and driver, to keep the filming on track.

The Repeat Run (after the 'on the line' discussion was interesting.
I hope the "other" driver enjoyed the steak dinner he was eating on the line. Arnie used to say the guy "ate a hamburger and then left the line".

But I still say the reverse drag racing segment had to be the absolute most stupid thing I have watched as related to racing, in many years.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 03-15-2016, 08:25 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I watch it, not much on tv Monday nights. I would like to see some racing up north, How many times are they going to race Texas?

Old 03-15-2016, 08:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Lots of crashes trying to put down big power on a street.
It will be interesting to see the lite weight, big tire Crowmod launching on the pimp juice and rubber then turning it down to pooch to get it out the back door.

Old 03-15-2016, 09:45 PM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOGEORGE View Post
Never said it was against the "Street Rules".........BUT are they safe? Hell one so called racer had his fire suit on and had 2" HOLES in his knees......GREAT fire protection!! LOL!!

GTO George
Have to agree 100% with George on this one.

Everytime I hear about a fire in a car I think of Arnie and his terrible situation.

It looked like "The Star of the Show" (kelly) had on his first pair of red Nomex pants in his life when he asked if he looked fat in the pants.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.