Old 01-13-2016, 12:50 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Possible exciting news!

I learned today that a set of 64-5 FULL prototype quarterpanels has just arrived here in the US! Of course quality control has to test fit these on an actual car (and fit properly) then approved for production. More to come.

HONEST JERRY'S SPEED AND EQUIPMENT
Old 01-13-2016, 09:27 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Hopefully AMD is undertaking this and not the others. If AMD then will be a nice piece, if not then who the heck knows

Old 01-13-2016, 10:19 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks for your help with this project Jerry - the hobby owes you!

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 01-13-2016, 11:23 AM
Suspended

AMD told me this about 2 months ago. They said they were real nice. They are playing a role in making these. Hope for the best.

Old 01-13-2016, 11:53 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Fingers crossed...

Old 01-13-2016, 12:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Wow, great news for the 64-65 crowd!!!

Old 01-13-2016, 03:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

no kidding...makes me wanna go out and buy one now...

The Goat whisperer

"I spent a lot of my money on booze, crazy women, and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."

Old 01-13-2016, 10:14 PM

Please, please,please ........

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old 01-13-2016, 11:08 PM
Suspended

Your wishes have come true. They test fitted a set a couple months ago and now are currently test fitting another set. Sorry but best time frame is late summer but I'm still happy.

Old 01-13-2016, 11:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 RA GTO View Post
Hopefully AMD is undertaking this and not the others. If AMD then will be a nice piece, if not then who the heck knows
Yes it is AMD. The tool was made from an NOS set that was sent over 7 or 8 years ago. I was hoping we would finally see these come to market. I hope they will sell well!

Old 01-13-2016, 11:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by John62 View Post
Your wishes have come true. They test fitted a set a couple months ago and now are currently test fitting another set. Sorry but best time frame is late summer but I'm still happy.
Not sure that information about the test fitting is entirely correct. The guy that does the test fitting for AMD is my best friend and he called to tell me this last night; we actually discussed a car to use for the test fitting. AMD has gotten so big now that sometimes the right hand doesn't know what the left had is doing. And the time frame is anybodies guess, if the test fitting goes ok. We had a 65 rear bumper that the test fitting went fine (actually used my car) and it was approved over a year ago. First it was supposed to be here early summer, still no signs of it.

Old 01-13-2016, 11:38 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry H. View Post
Not sure that information about the test fitting is entirely correct. The guy that does the test fitting for AMD is my best friend and he called to tell me this last night; we actually discussed a car to use for the test fitting. AMD has gotten so big now that sometimes the right hand doesn't know what the left had is doing. And the time frame is anybodies guess, if the test fitting goes ok. We had a 65 rear bumper that the test fitting went fine (actually used my car) and it was approved over a year ago. First it was supposed to be here early summer, still no signs of it.
You would know then. I called a few months ago about another part and told whoever I talked to that I was starting a 65 GTO. He said that's funny we are reproducing the full rear quarters and just got a set and they look good. Since then I talked to them for other projects and they said they were not making them. Talked to them yesterday and they said they are test fitting now and if all went well late summer. I offered my car to test as it is a rust free CA car just dents but they said they got cars. Guess it just depends who you talk to.

Old 01-17-2016, 07:38 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Nice. Now we need fenders...

Old 01-17-2016, 07:52 PM

Default 65

Sign me up for a set!!!!!

Old 01-18-2016, 12:38 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by brut4s View Post
Nice. Now we need fenders...
I would say it would depend on how well these quarters sold when they come to market as to whether we see any more Pontiac specific sheetmetal or not. This is the first Pontiac sheetmetal that AMD has produced so I would say that if it sells well they would look hard at bringing more products to the market. If it doesn't sell well, then we probably won't see any more from them.

Old 01-18-2016, 02:35 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Thanks for getting this to happen. It almost makes me wish I needed quarter panels

Old 01-18-2016, 10:50 AM
Suspended

Jerry, help them understand how much a 65 Tail panel bezel is needed, that would be another good seller and smaller than quarters.

Old 01-18-2016, 11:22 AM

Would definitely be interested in a set a 64-65 full quarter panels!

Old 01-19-2016, 01:12 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I need a full quarter now for my '64...But without a solid time frame for release I will have to keep hunting for good solid salvage metal.

I am looking forward to updates on fit, availability and pricing...

If we are talking about future sheetmetal dreams...I would like to see an excellent '64 hood repro in steel.

Between the number of "clones" being produced, real GTO owners hunting hoods that used to be on their cars, and people who would like to replace extensively repaired hoods, I have to believe that the market would be considerable...

Old 01-20-2016, 12:13 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_Wild_Cat View Post
I need a full quarter now for my '64...But without a solid time frame for release I will have to keep hunting for good solid salvage metal.

I am looking forward to updates on fit, availability and pricing...

If we are talking about future sheetmetal dreams...I would like to see an excellent '64 hood repro in steel.

Between the number of "clones" being produced, real GTO owners hunting hoods that used to be on their cars, and people who would like to replace extensively repaired hoods, I have to believe that the market would be considerable...
I expressed the same concerns to the president of AMD (Mark Hedrick) 4 or 5 years ago. At the time he didn't think the demand was great enough to produce the 64 GTO hood. If you seriously think the demand is there, give him a call at let him know. That's how these things get done!