The Body Shop TECH General questions that don't fit in any other forum

Old 12-03-2015, 03:06 PM

Default 70 GTO QUARTER PANEL

I know this has been asked before so please indulge me one more time. I need a driver side quarter skin for a 70 gto. Can anyone tell me if there is a decent repop out there? I have been looking for a good used one with no luck. All I see available is goodmark or oem and I don't have much faith in their quality. Has anyone used these that can tell me how they worked out ? Thanks Ken

Old 12-03-2015, 07:33 PM

The skins are boarderline ok, they definitely need some work, especially in the wheel arch area. I used one but I'll probably replace it with a full quarter in the next couple years. I've heard the full quarters are pretty good, but I haven't seen one yet.

Old 12-05-2015, 06:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The skins for 70-72 also have am incorrect shape at the bottom where they meet the trunk drop offs.

If you want it to look factory, best bet is to buy a full quarter even if you only need the area a skin would cover, and use what you need.

I installed a repop full quarter on the drivers side and thought the fit was very good. On the passenger side, I only needed to patch the area below the body line and behind the wheel opening, and when I looked at the skin I could see it would not look right.

I ended up paying for a full quarter and having the seller cut out just the area I needed and then mailed it to me, which saved me a lot on shipping.

Oshawa built 1 option Judge basket case. 463, SD KRE 295's, CNC'd factory intake, Cliff's Qjet, Stump Puller HR cam, RARE RA manifolds, Pypes exhaust, T56 Magnum, McLeod RXT clutch, 3.42 12 bolt. 24 year project almost done...
Old 12-06-2015, 06:35 AM

Default 70 GTO QUARTER PANEEL

I appreciate the responses. It sounds like I need to get a full quarter and cut out what I need. Wouldn't it be great if AMD would come out with 70 GTO quarter skins. Thanks Ken

Old 12-11-2015, 09:02 AM
Senior Chief

The skin may have an improper lower section, but the repop 1/4 has an incorrect shape around the window. Which one do you think is more obvious to the casual observer?

Also, as noted by Paul (at FAST) the lower part of the skin can be re-worked. Alot more difficult (read: impossible) on that curve at the window.

If you really want to be correct, get a NoS fender (if you can find them) OR find a clean one off a parts car.