Missing Pontiacs, Parts or Trailers Include lost or stolen items here

Old 11-21-2015, 06:23 PM

Smile Not stolen, looking for owner history on my current car...

I bought a 1970 Pontiac Firebird base model about 3yrs ago from a CL ad here in Grand Rapids, MI. The gentleman I bought it from (got it from his estate) had bought it from an E-Bay auction, but his wife couldn't remember how long ago, or the guy's name that sold it to him. She does remember however going to Erie, PA to meet the guy to buy it and then her husband drove it home from Erie. I've tried PA DMV, they said it's a privacy issue, wtf? I also peppered PA CL with ads wanting any info on it. I have the VIN: 223870N115665 but what I'm really looking for is just some info. What all has been done to the engine, it has a Holley carb, Edelbrock intake and roller tip rockers, I also managed to find the cam card for it. I'm just curious what all the did to the rest of this engine, head work? Crank work? What pistons? How far is it bored, if any? Just info like that. Anyone have any ideas? Here's a couple pics..................
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1445192023964.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	131.9 KB
ID:	413887   Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1445192191512.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	413888   Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1445192306588.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	413889  

Old 11-21-2015, 10:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

hi Shadow, welcome to PY,. glad you found the site. (I'm the one who sent u here thru CL). Anyway, feel free to also put this thread in 70-73 Firebird tech. Might get more views. Nice ride btw.

Old 11-23-2015, 03:12 AM
Suspended

Welcome to the site ,, You have a nice looking car.

Old 11-23-2015, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-bird2 View Post
hi Shadow, welcome to PY,. glad you found the site. (I'm the one who sent u here thru CL). Anyway, feel free to also put this thread in 70-73 Firebird tech. Might get more views. Nice ride btw.
Thanks so much X-Bird, I've been cruisin' the site and I'm I love the site, thanks for directing me.

Hopefully someone here has an idea or knows how to do what I'm looking to do. Either way I'll learn plenty here and looks like there is plenty of support in other areas for anything I could ever hope to accomplish, thanks again!

Old 11-23-2015, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexs73gto View Post
Welcome to the site ,, You have a nice looking car.
Thanks so much!! My wife named her"Sexy Lil B!*ch" lmao, seems fitting as she has an attitude from hell on her, hence the reason I would love to know what's all been done to her. The car runs phenomenally, needs some body work ,panel fitment issues and body gaps are all screwed up, seems when they painted it they didn't pay attention and just slapped it together but not a big deal. Kind of a shame though cuz the paint looks like you could just dive right in. The biggest and most important thing is that she is rust free!!