Suspension TECH Including Brakes, Wheels and tires

Old 08-16-2015, 11:25 PM

Default Anyone using Tred Wear products?

I've been looking at maybe buying a set of US Mags Bandit wheels down the road. Problem I've found is that no one makes tires that fit a 17-18" wheel with raised white letters, aside from truck tires of course. Apparently there just isn't enough sidewall to work with in the manufacturing process to add the raised white letters. I'm not looking for super low profile or anything, but I also don't want all black sidewalls if I go to bigger wheels. Has anyone used products from Tred Wear? They seem to have solved this problem with their product. I'd like to hear how you like the product and see any pictures if anyone has them. Thanks in advance!

www.tredwearletters.com

Old 08-18-2015, 10:27 AM
Ultimate Warrior

there is a thread over at 78ta.com about the letters. the guy said they worked & looked great. do a search there for pics.

Old 08-19-2015, 01:07 PM
Senior Chief

One issue, they can only make letter sizes 7/8"-1" due to the cutter. Any smaller and the cutter will not reliably cut the letters out correctly so they won't try. This is a problem if you are thinking about buying Goodyear Polyglas GT -F60-15 or similar. Measured from an original tire the "G" in Goodyear is approximately 11/16" tall by 5/8" wide. The "P" in Polyglas is 1/2" tall by 1/2" wide. The larger letters won't look good in my opinion for this replication.
The people there I talked with were really helpful and tried to do anything they could to come up with a solution. This helped me overcome the $$$ sticker shock...I might still try a set for another vintage tire brand and I'll update if I do.

Old 08-23-2015, 01:36 AM
Senior Chief

ok I did it - Firestone Wide O Oval
I'll post pictures when my new tires come in and I get these on