Old 07-23-2015, 05:23 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Yep, 8 lugs would do wonders. Rally II's as well although they were not available in 15" in '68 according to the accessory book.
Something odd I noticed on that car. The convertible top frame appears to be painted silver or aluminum instead of black. A new convertible top with a more contrasting color would also help the looks of this car.
The strato-bucket seats are nice. I sure wish they kept them into the '69 model year. And yes, the interiors of the '68's were nice. Better than my '69, :-(

2 more to go :-)
Old 08-01-2015, 04:02 PM
Senior Chief

Man I really, really got the hots for a nice 67 Bonneville Brougham Coupe....Love the roofline on these cars!!

Buddy of mine got a low mile Gold on gold black top 4 dr 67 Brougham 400 with one repaint out of a small private collection. Almost bought it, but I really am in love with the coupe body so I passed on it waiting for a coupe.
Now I kinda wish I had bought it none the less while waiting for a coupe, but it's too late... he sold it to someone else long distance.

Now I just got to hope that I can find a 67 coupe !!

'71 LeMans Woody Wagon 400/350 patina project
1975 Grand Am 400 factory sunroof project car
Old 08-01-2015, 10:20 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

getting ready to sell my '69 Bonneville convertible. $18K

53 option accessories. Plus many impossible to find spare parts including a perfect endura nose cone and rear bumper insert along with a set of disc brake. TH 400?

Warwick blue, parchment interior, white top. 71K original miles, numbers matching car. Gorgeous. Easily one of the top 3 on the planet left. Larry S. in WI and NORTH in Montreal are the other two.

It's not a Brougham but I have the data plates and door and rear seat trim accessories to make it one if someone wants.

Motor is original 428 rebuilt with a .030 overbore, new pistons, new cam. Crank balanced.
It's not an HO (YK block code) but I have all the parts from an original YK car to include the 7268 Q'jet (same as GTO), the 1119 distributor (GTO), original Long branch exhaust manifolds, oil filter adaptor, and HO air cleaner.

Super rare options include: Auxiliary gauges w/ Safe Guard speed alert, Instant Aire, ride handling package HD front sway bar, rear sway bar, SD radiator (code 702),

Will post on cars for sale section soon with pictures. PM with interest

Old 08-02-2015, 02:10 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikgto View Post
Man I really, really got the hots for a nice 67 Bonneville Brougham Coupe....Love the roofline on these cars!!

Buddy of mine got a low mile Gold on gold black top 4 dr 67 Brougham 400 with one repaint out of a small private collection. Almost bought it, but I really am in love with the coupe body so I passed on it waiting for a coupe.
Now I kinda wish I had bought it none the less while waiting for a coupe, but it's too late... he sold it to someone else long distance.

Now I just got to hope that I can find a 67 coupe !!
Check out E-bay now. The '68 Palladium silver 2 dr coupe Brougham is for sale again in Carson CA. Same roof line as the '67. Superficial changes only to the grille, tail lights, and interior.

Old 08-02-2015, 03:01 PM
Senior Chief

Yes, I saw her being relisted last night.
Funny since I pulled up and looked over the old "ended" listing just a few hours before she resurfaced!

Unfortunately this really is too much of a project for me right now.
I think she need to be gone thru completely...
He says the previous owner pulled her out of a barn. So she has probably been sitting for ages.
That pretty much mean it will snowball into at least a full blown frame on mechanical and cosmetic restoration.

I am already in the middle of a frame off resto of my 1970 GTO vert which started in 2008....
Together with all the small projects on my other cars my job and other stuff I just don't see me being able to do this 68 as well.

I do think she would be quite stunning if she was back in her Original condition!

'71 LeMans Woody Wagon 400/350 patina project
1975 Grand Am 400 factory sunroof project car
Old 08-02-2015, 05:07 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I agree about her being a stunning car when restored. Palladium silver, black tweed interior, black vinyl roof, 8 lug wheels. Yep, she'd be gorgeous. Hope she finds a good home. Someone who appreciates her.

Lots of Bonneville's being listed repeatedly lately. Guess that's the way it goes.

I'd be interested personally except that I am getting ready to put my '69 Bonneville convertible on the market. :-(

Old 08-02-2015, 07:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by blubomber View Post
Lots of Bonneville's being listed repeatedly lately. Guess that's the way it goes.
I've been following the full size car market on eBay and craigslist for many years and this is definitely how it goes 90% of the time. There are cars that do sell and you don't see them surface again, but I'd speculate that a great majority of cars being sold will not actually be sold - whether that's due to price or fickle buyers I couldn't say but I'll hazard a guess that price plays a big role here.