Old 06-29-2015, 04:42 PM

Default Judges @ Mecum Denver

Anyone attend the Denver Mecum auction this past weekend? Looks like the Orbit orange Judge brought nice money. Of course on TV, they all look good!

Old 06-29-2015, 05:03 PM
Senior Chief

I was there. IMO the OO Judge was definitely top notch, one of the nicest cars I've ever laid my eyes on in person. The RAIV TA was also beautiful. I was bummed I didn't get to check out Red Goat's '69 Limelight Judge, I'm sure it is in the same stratosphere.

Old 06-29-2015, 05:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

$115,000 70 OO --> https://www.mecum.com/lot-detail/DN0...Judge/4-Speed/

$37,000 70 --> https://www.mecum.com/lot-detail/DN0...dge/Automatic/

$42,000 69 RAIV 4speed (Non-Judge) --> https://www.mecum.com/lot-detail/DN0...ir-IV/4-Speed/

Old 06-29-2015, 08:31 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Other then the 115k Orbit Orange they look cheap in the pictures. I would think well bought

Old 06-29-2015, 08:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxeven View Post
I was there. IMO the OO Judge was definitely top notch, one of the nicest cars I've ever laid my eyes on in person. The RAIV TA was also beautiful. I was bummed I didn't get to check out Red Goat's '69 Limelight Judge, I'm sure it is in the same stratosphere.
what was the ra4 t/a

Old 06-29-2015, 09:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

1 of 9 automatic on the column. Didn't say matching numbers. Had a repro hood. Sold for 180

Old 06-29-2015, 09:16 PM
Senior Chief

https://www.mecum.com/lot-detail/DN0...-IV/Automatic/

Old 06-29-2015, 09:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The non Judge 69 has been run through several recent Mecum auctions.

HONEST JERRY'S SPEED AND EQUIPMENT
Old 06-29-2015, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram4king View Post
1 of 9 automatic on the column. Didn't say matching numbers. Had a repro hood. Sold for 180
I thought I read it was 1 of 2 how did you know it was a repro hood?

Old 06-29-2015, 09:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Says right in the description it has fiberglass and metal framed hood. Have to read between the lines when these auctions describe the car. It's one of 9 automatics. 1of2 on the column. That had to hold it back too. Who wants that?

Old 06-29-2015, 10:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Cool You mean...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram4king View Post
Says right in the description it has fiberglass and metal framed hood. Have to read between the lines when these auctions describe the car. It's one of 9 automatics. 1of2 on the column. That had to hold it back too. Who wants that?
besides every street racer out there? You know you can neutral-drop a 400 Turbo at any RPM, right? Dickie Harrell proved that with the ZL-1 Camaros (column shift cars) until they outlawed it because Torque-Flites couldn't handle it. Console delete shed a few pounds as well. Just sayin'...how I would have ordered it if that were my game plan. I'm betting Central Office did it so it was a stab-and-steer hot rod that any novice could play with. No complicated console shifter or clutch...plenty potent for sure!

"Gas is STILL your cheapest thrill!"

Your opinion of me is none of my business.
Old 06-29-2015, 10:38 PM

The Orbit Orange Judge was mine. One of the nicest restored GTO's around. 692 out of 700 points at the 2013 GTOAA Nationals. The reserve was 120k, dropped the reserve at 115k. The car was restored by Level One Restoration.

Old 06-29-2015, 11:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Landis View Post
besides every street racer out there? You know you can neutral-drop a 400 Turbo at any RPM, right? Dickie Harrell proved that with the ZL-1 Camaros (column shift cars) until they outlawed it because Torque-Flites couldn't handle it. Console delete shed a few pounds as well. Just sayin'...how I would have ordered it if that were my game plan. I'm betting Central Office did it so it was a stab-and-steer hot rod that any novice could play with. No complicated console shifter or clutch...plenty potent for sure!
I really doubt that scenario Ron on this car. I would think if that were true then it wouldn't have deluxe interior or stack gauges. Most likely they thought the console came standard. It's still called the chickstick for a reason and I can't imagine anyone wanting that. I would have changed that out before I sold it. Sometimes rare is rare for a reason. Probably this car will go into a museum with the rest of them.

Old 06-29-2015, 11:43 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norman W View Post
The Orbit Orange Judge was mine. One of the nicest restored GTO's around. 692 out of 700 points at the 2013 GTOAA Nationals. The reserve was 120k, dropped the reserve at 115k. The car was restored by Level One Restoration.
Congrats on the sale. I'm pretty sure I purchased some JA wheels for my '69 from you back in '08. You had some other beauties as well.

Old 06-30-2015, 12:43 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

It was a decent turnout, in both cars and bidders/spectators, for the first time through Denver. Hopefully Mecum comes back! It's nice to see some turnover in collections around town.

Norm's '70 was definitely the best restored car at the auction! Congrats again on the sale!

Not a Pontiac, but the best bought car of the weekend was the 68 Shelby GT500, 4-speed, convertible (with the terrible pictures and write up) at $105k. Wish I'd stuck around until the end... It was a great car!

Old 06-30-2015, 07:05 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I was at the 2013 convention in Dayton. Tim was there too with his Margarita Judge.

Was the OO Judge the one that won BOS? Did Tim sell his Judge? I'm confused...

Old 06-30-2015, 07:25 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Anyone have the vin # of the TA that sold?

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 06-30-2015, 07:57 AM
Ultimate Warrior

X2!

I have data on one with the column shift.
'Einstein' posted before that he thought there might have been 3 column shift, but no documentation yet.

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 06-30-2015, 09:08 AM

No The orbit car that sold in Denver belongs to me. Norman Warling
The highest pointed car at the Nationals does not always get Best of.

Old 06-30-2015, 08:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Goat View Post
It was a decent turnout, in both cars and bidders/spectators, for the first time through Denver. Hopefully Mecum comes back! It's nice to see some turnover in collections around town.

Norm's '70 was definitely the best restored car at the auction! Congrats again on the sale!

Not a Pontiac, but the best bought car of the weekend was the 68 Shelby GT500, 4-speed, convertible (with the terrible pictures and write up) at $105k. Wish I'd stuck around until the end... It was a great car!
Tim,

To bad you did not take your judge to the auction. I think your car would have done well. The color may hurt it a little but the resto is one of the best I've seen.