Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Am i missing something

Doing the normal look around on ebay and spotted these two Judges

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pontiac-GTO-...m=251993727009
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pontiac-GTO-...m=141693287220

Project for someone

Old 06-19-2015, 11:08 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Craig, you're missing the "opportunity of a lifetime" to own a verified, original Pontiac GTO Judge...or at least the tags and shell from a judge which will be used on a donor car to resurrect each of them...

<uhoh>

Land of Lakes Muscle Car Classic
Facebook Event
Facebook Wall (Kurt Smith,Minneapolis)
Old 06-19-2015, 03:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Here's the VINs, assuming they've been typed correctly:

242379R181712
242379G131424

They will come up in a Google search, so any future prospective buyer should demand resto photos that demonstrate they were not rebodied.

Old 06-19-2015, 04:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Cool Both...

on my watch list. The roll-over car isn't really a bad start. Pontiac is the hold-out on legit rebodies. You can buy Camaros and Goodmark at one time was buying up titles so they could offer to their customers the choice of a new or "restored" car. Pontiac guys still believe that a patchwork quilt using only the original firewall is the best route. Not gonna open that can of worms but replacing a shell is the better option in my book. By rights...these cars pulled back from the grave should have salvage titles anyway...but show me a Judge that does. I know of a RA IV bought as a $250 shell for parts...until the block was found in the trunk. Now it's a show car....with a clean title no less! As the law sees it...if the car was reconstructed, the seller is obligated to disclose that it was a salvage car...but like I said....who does that?

"Gas is STILL your cheapest thrill!"

Your opinion of me is none of my business.
Old 06-19-2015, 04:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Question So...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diego View Post
Here's the VINs, assuming they've been typed correctly:

242379R181712
242379G131424

They will come up in a Google search, so any future prospective buyer should demand resto photos that demonstrate they were not rebodied.
nothing short of a salvage title would be considered legit...as both cars are obvious totals...right? Well....maybe the rust-out wasn't...but if it were stolen and recovered in this condition...I'm betting it would be totaled out as well.

"Gas is STILL your cheapest thrill!"

Your opinion of me is none of my business.
Old 06-19-2015, 05:49 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Money in to fix the Judge vrs Future sale price that would have to be a close call unless you are keeping it for years .
As for donor car would that not be called a clone and not a true Judge .
In Aus in the last couple of years there has been law suits over cars .Was not even the clone game but bolts and repop panels not being original . I would like to send the link but it freezes the computer (XY GT law suit if you want to look it up) .

Old 06-19-2015, 06:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

XW GT Lawsuit

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 06-20-2015, 04:57 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnta1 View Post
Where does "caveat emptor" come into play? He takes experts with him, looked it over a couple of different times, and years later, he determines it's a clone?

Old 06-20-2015, 07:03 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I think this all happened because they brought it as a investment . People start looking over the car and saying its not worth the money its got this and that missing or replaced .When 1 of these cars went for 1million you can see why . And yes that's 1 million for a Aussie Ford