Old 03-21-2015, 03:43 PM
Senior Chief

Default PHS

I have not ordered a PHS packet for my car, but I have most of the original paperwork. I have a copy of the dealer order sheet, a copy of the retail order invoice (signed by my dad), and the original pop warranty book and plate with both my mom and dad's name on the plate. I also have the original dealer delivery envelop (hand typed courier font on front with my parents name and address and the car stock # and vin) with the glove box manual, accessories manual, and 1967 Pontiac Colors and Interiors brochure still inside. The only thing missing is the original window sticker which it appears I can order a repro from Mike Noun.

We did not discover a factory build sheet when the car was put back together, but I have all the options filled out on the order sheet. What else would the PHS for a '67 Pontiac build provide? Just the factory billing sheet? Is it worth ordering it just to have a copy?

Old 03-21-2015, 04:01 PM

I have most of the same original documentation for my car that you have for yours. It is great to have! I also got the PHS documentation. Didn't need to have the PHS stamp of approval to document my car but figured for the low cost of the verification it was good to have in hand. A lot of people know what PHS documented means and it makes it nice to back up your other paperwork.

Old 03-21-2015, 04:09 PM

If I owned a GTO for sure I'd want the PHS for it.

I see you already have plenty of documentation already, but it's nice to have the PHS just for the information packet that comes along with the copy of the original billing sheet.

I finally ordered one for my LeMans just to see exactly what dealer it was delivered to and to see the full list of options it was built with:http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=771194

I'd get the PHS, the service is available now but how long into the future is anyone's guess.

Thinking about all the money I've spent on this car makes $65 for the PHS seem like a very small drop in the bucket. Another $35 for a repro window sticker and that's $100 well-spent for the added information and enjoyment.

Old 03-21-2015, 04:49 PM
Senior Chief

PHS is still a mail order service, correct? And what does Mike need to see to do the window sticker?

Old 03-21-2015, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67Twistytee View Post
PHS is still a mail order service, correct? And what does Mike need to see to do the window sticker?
Yes, PHS is mail order or by fax if you're in a hurry and are willing to pay a little more:http://www.phs-online.com/

Mike's website:http://www.musclecarfilms.com/PontiacWindowSticker.html

Old 03-21-2015, 06:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The advantage to getting a PHS report on a 67 is that your EUN (engine unit number) is included and I believe that is the only way to tell if you have the original engine for your 67 GTO.

Old 03-22-2015, 10:21 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Unfortunately none of my cars is as well documented as yours with the factory paperwork. I have the PHS for all my cars and it is worth the cost to have the proof of what your car was especially the Judges. Most people in the car world have heard of PHS and recognize a PHS documented car as legit. I know some Chevelle guys who would pay $500 or more to have their cars documented by a similar service if it was even available to them.

Email jbr69gto@gmail.com

My Website www.minnesota-muscle.com

Old 03-22-2015, 11:11 AM
Senior Chief

I definitely got lucky. My dad was meticulous about paperwork and although he sold the car long before I bought it back, the documents stayed with the series of intervening owners. I will go ahead and order the PHS. It's not a rare car but it has family history and I'm hoping one of my kids will keep it when I no longer can.