Old 03-20-2015, 02:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to 3 Deuce 64
Default Some pictures from the 70s

I've been going through cards wife , sons and family have given me over the years and found some pictures of the 64 Tri Power vert and a couple of the other GTOs back then that unfortunately , I hate to say this got cut up and scrapped. The time frame was only a couple years into my Pontiac experience and I didn't know any other Pontiac people back then, I had been in a Ford circle . I guess we've all made mistakes at some point . I did save a lot of the parts but some of the cars should have never been cut up. There will be some incorrectness in the picture of the 64 in the motor compartment but it was only my 3rd GTO and the first 64 at that time , but with in a few months I had bought a couple more. there is a blue post in one of the pictures . That car burnt up shortly after it had been painted.
Remember I bought my first GTO in 74 across the street from a wrecking yard in Quincy Ma.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	003.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	393242   Click image for larger version

Name:	002.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	393243   Click image for larger version

Name:	021.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	393244   Click image for larger version

Name:	020.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	393245  

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but
they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a
status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them,
which would include their own government." — George Washington

Old 03-20-2015, 02:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Pretty nice looking car 10 years on to end up being scrapped. What were the details? Was it wrecked or rusted out?

Old 03-20-2015, 03:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to 3 Deuce 64

Oh sorry confusing the 64 is the Tri Power four speed I still have and is pictured in my signature . I just posted pictures of the cars that got cut up. The 64 still looks pretty much the same as it did 38 years ago . The more I got into the Pontiac world and learned what should be correct like fuel lines etc. and they became available I corrected . When I finally got a computer and went on line found PHS and started checking dates and codes after verifying it was a real tri power and very numbers correct the whole way I took care of the car changed . I mean she's always been my baby but I saved the beating on for the other cars and started babying her even more .

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but
they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a
status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them,
which would include their own government." — George Washington