Ames Customer Satisfaction Forum Post a 'current' compliment, suggestion or issue with regard to an Ames service or product.

Old 03-01-2015, 07:19 PM

Default PLEASE SEPERATE 61-63 LIL INDIANS FR GROUP

Please consider, now that Ames is in control of the forums, it would be nice to see only the stuff in these yrs/cars similar to your catalogs. Currently we are a small part of the larger part of the GTO forums page and we scan page after page for "ANY" parts at all which may be used upon the cars of this v small category.

Just a request which I hope may be taken with some sincerity. Try it. Scan the FS & Wanted sections for any 61-63 parts. Look for 5 - see how long it takes.

Thanks for your consideration.
Respectfully,

63 Lemans convt. Present
63 Tempest HT bbw Parts car
Old 03-02-2015, 03:30 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdtripn_rte66 View Post
Please consider, now that Ames is in control of the forums, it would be nice to see only the stuff in these yrs/cars similar to your catalogs. Currently we are a small part of the larger part of the GTO forums page and we scan page after page for "ANY" parts at all which may be used upon the cars of this v small category.

Just a request which I hope may be taken with some sincerity. Try it. Scan the FS & Wanted sections for any 61-63 parts. Look for 5 - see how long it takes.

Thanks for your consideration.
Respectfully,
Robin, First off, Ames is not 'IN CONTROL' of the forums. They are the title sponsor of the PY forums. Yours truly still drives this beast (with some pretty diligent help of the mods) somewhat like Butler or the Kauffman's drive their low 6 high 5 second Pontiac powered monsters. ie; It takes a lot of time, effort, passion, money and experience to run this thing. None of us do it for the money. Not many people can do it. A lot of times things don't go as planned, but when everything comes together, it's a beautiful thing to see! :)

Anyway, that being said, we have a 61-63 Tech section that is specifically for this model range of Pontiacs. If you'll notice, we don't play favorites when it comes to the 'parts for Sale' forums. None of the parts for sale sections are broken down by a smaller year range of models. If we were to to this for the 61-63 Tempest owners, then we'd be getting the 64-65 GTO owners and the 67-69 Firebird owners to request the same. Then you run into the problem where a part crosses into two different year ranges thus creating a dilemma. Which forum should I post the part for sale? Both? Now you create even more problems when you sell that part in one forum and it's still available in the other. You see where I'm going with this?

I think if you look closely, you'll find that your real frustration is in the fact that there are very few parts available for these cars. I feel for you 61-63 owners. But adding a separate forum for this type of browsing, solves one problem but creates others.

Rather, I would suggest;

1.use the search feature to include the years '1961' '1962' or '1963' in your searches within the 61-77 GTO/Tempest/LeMans Parts For Sale Forum

2. Since the 61-63 Tech forum is not a high traffic forum, I have no problem with you guys posting a referrer to a 'For Sale' item in the 61-63 Tech forum.

I hope this helps!

Chris

Old 03-04-2015, 06:25 PM

No dis-respect intended. It just gets frustrating at times. Thanks -

63 Lemans convt. Present
63 Tempest HT bbw Parts car
Old 03-18-2015, 08:54 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccass View Post
If you'll notice, we don't play favorites when it comes to the 'parts for Sale' forums. None of the parts for sale sections are broken down by a smaller year range of models.
Chris
Thanks for bringing up this suggestion Robin, it does get frustrating especially when you cant always rely on the search feature. As you know the Little Indians have their own forums too, just for members.

I did notice the 1993-02 Firebirds, 04-06 GTO, and 08-09 G8 all have their own sections but no favorites are played.

Gary

Old 03-18-2015, 09:56 PM
Administrator

You got me Gary. Now I have to come out of the Late Model Closet. ;)

Old 03-18-2015, 11:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Lets try sticky 4 for sale threads in the tech forum? Engine / Body / Interior / Other

The for sale not mine sticky thread seems to do some good --

I do a lot of business in 61-63 parts and even given my exposure I'm surprised how many guys don't find me on this site, yet they spend time in the tech forum.

Last edited by 63Banshee; 03-19-2015 at 12:06 AM.
Old 03-19-2015, 08:25 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63Banshee View Post
Lets try sticky 4 for sale threads in the tech forum? Engine / Body / Interior / Other

The for sale not mine sticky thread seems to do some good --

I do a lot of business in 61-63 parts and even given my exposure I'm surprised how many guys don't find me on this site, yet they spend time in the tech forum.
Maybe two stickies one for sale, one for wanted.

Let's get it done while Chris comes out of the late model closet.

I cant tell you how many Tempest owners I meet can barely turn a computer one so the easier it is for someone to find what they are looking for the better for everyone.