Old 03-04-2015, 05:48 PM

Default Dash Air Vent Flow

71 Lemans non A/C- Should there always be air flowing through the dashboard air vents?One of the air vent cables in the kick plate snapped but the kick plate vent is closed or are these totally not related to the dash vent? is it the only way to keep ice cold winter air flowing through the dash vents by closing the louvers on the dash vent or is there something else i can do besides wait until springtime?

Old 03-04-2015, 09:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

There's 2: one on each side for lower and upper ventilation.

Just got done redoing mine...

Old 03-04-2015, 11:00 PM

Just so i understand correctly, the top pull cable works the dash vent and the lower pull cable does the kick plate vent? It looks like in the photos that the dash was removed is that the only way to get to it? Thanks for the reply and photos. Were you having the same problem?

Last edited by fxrtheclaw; 03-04-2015 at 11:05 PM.
Old 03-05-2015, 06:55 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxrtheclaw View Post
Just so i understand correctly, the top pull cable works the dash vent and the lower pull cable does the kick plate vent? It looks like in the photos that the dash was removed is that the only way to get to it? Thanks for the reply and photos. Were you having the same problem?
You are correct. Upper knob operates upper vent, lower knob operates lower vent. Mine were jammed open because the cables failed - plastic coating that the wire slides through cracked and broke and wouldn't bend properly anymore. Parts are all reproduced and easy to get. You can *probably* get the passenger side off and repaired without pulling the dash, but the driver's side is going to be a giant pain because the kick panel won't come off without pulling the emergency brake assembly.

Old 03-06-2015, 06:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

great info and pix BEN.