Garage Sale Any NON-Pontiac related item you want to buy-sell-trade or giveaway!

Old 02-25-2015, 04:03 PM

Default Wanted: EXITER Wheels by MOTOR WHEEL set of (4) 15x7" Polycast EXCITER

LOOKING TO BUY:
Set of (4) "Exciter" or "Exiter" wheels by Motor Wheel company. These are the Polycast wheels similar to the Pontiac Honeycombs with the steel rim and rubbery face.

I am only looking for the 15 inch size with the 5 on 4.75" bolt pattern to fit my GTO.

(Click on the attached image below for a visual reference.)

Please phone me directly at 520-798-3200 (Tucson, AZ) or email: output@colorteks.com THANKS!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MotorWheelExiter.JPG
Views:	52
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	391311  

(formerly owner of...) '78 Pontiac Grand Am CA #2 (the second of two concept cars built by Pontiac Engineering, as featured in HOT ROD magazine 1978 & '79.)

Currently:
1970 GTO HT... 400/400
1971 GTO Conv... 400/M-22
and
1967 GTO roofless... 400/400 = "xXx GTO Flame Car"
1967 LeMans roofless (GTO Clone)... SBC & THM350 = "xXx Stunt Car #2"
(Both screen-used in Vin Diesel's 'xXx'.)

See the xXx GTO Flame Car on Jay Leno's Garage https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rm7haa-UIFA
Old 02-25-2015, 09:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

check classic olds those where optional on oldsmobiles..never saw a 5 on 4.75 myself,

They where the recall wheels on 69 or 70 mopars they are 4.5

and ive seen quite a few 5 on 5

i am sue they made 4.75 pattern because they where avail aftermarket but ive never seen one'

i have an extra NOS center cap somewhere

The Goat whisperer

"I spent a lot of my money on booze, crazy women, and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."

Old 02-26-2015, 01:16 AM

The Oldsmobile wheels, known as the Super Stock IV (sample image attached below), at first glance appear similar to the EXCITER wheel by Motor Wheel. But notice, however, that the Olds version, which is 15x6" with a 5 on 5 lug pattern, features a much larger chromed center cap and a bright trim ring.

Also, as a point of reference, the EXITERS were built in both 14- and 15-inch sizes with a variety of lug patterns for GM, Ford, and Chrysler aftermarket enthusiasts. Motor Wheel of Lansing, MI built both the EXITER and the Olds SSIV wheels, so yes, you'd expect some similarities. Many people refer to the Exiter as the "generic" version of the Olds SS-IV wheels.

But, back on point, I'm looking for the EXITERS with the small (approx 2.5-inch?) center caps that show the "MOTOR WHEEL" logo. Let me know whatcha got or if you have any solid leads. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	OldsSuprStockIV~LR.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	391356  

(formerly owner of...) '78 Pontiac Grand Am CA #2 (the second of two concept cars built by Pontiac Engineering, as featured in HOT ROD magazine 1978 & '79.)

Currently:
1970 GTO HT... 400/400
1971 GTO Conv... 400/M-22
and
1967 GTO roofless... 400/400 = "xXx GTO Flame Car"
1967 LeMans roofless (GTO Clone)... SBC & THM350 = "xXx Stunt Car #2"
(Both screen-used in Vin Diesel's 'xXx'.)

See the xXx GTO Flame Car on Jay Leno's Garage https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rm7haa-UIFA