Old 11-22-2014, 07:17 AM

Default '68 Grand Prix Bumper / Grill / Hideaway complete

This assembly is in excellent original unrestored condition. Everything is very straight, the plastics do not have cracks etc. The chrome on the bumper is shot but again the metal is very very straight.

I'm happy to take detailed pictures for an interested buyer.

I don't really know what this is worth. Please comment on what a good price to ask for this is. I have it listed locally on Craigslist for $550 which seems really fair to me, maybe too low.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GPgrill.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	382583  

Old 11-22-2014, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUDGNOT View Post
This assembly is in excellent original unrestored condition. Everything is very straight, the plastics do not have cracks etc. The chrome on the bumper is shot but again the metal is very very straight.

I'm happy to take detailed pictures for an interested buyer.

I don't really know what this is worth. Please comment on what a good price to ask for this is. I have it listed locally on Craigslist for $550 which seems really fair to me, maybe too low.
Hi Judgnot. I have been buying up these assemblies and related parts and hoarding them because I have 4 1968 fullsize Pontiacs that I want to convert. Just to give you an idea of what I have been seeing, the most that I have spent on an assembly including the vacuum light switch, canister and fittings was $200. This assembly had a cracked inner grill and I bought one for $50. So, my estimate is that your assembly is worth 250-300. I can also tell you that there aren't a lot of guys out there looking for these. I wish you luck with your sale.

John

'57 Chieftain - 455 2-4Bbl
'57 Star Chief 4-door
'62 Grand Prix, 389
'63 Wagon 421 2-4Bbl 4 speed
'66 Catalina 421 Convertible
'67 Catalina 2dr. sedan - 400
'68 Grand Prix - 400 - 4 Bbl
'73 Grand Am
2006 Solstice

Old 11-22-2014, 09:10 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default 68 GP grille

Nice piece. I agree with Chiefton though, the '68 GP is not a car with a big following. Actually you don't see very many '68's at all. Interesting to note that the hideaways were an option on the '68 Bonneville. The noses are all the exact same for all the B body cars. The hideaways do look better than the std lights.

A bumper that needs re-chroming is worth much less than one in fine shape.

I am not for certain but you may need to make sure you get the headlight switch unit for the car as well. It may be different than the std switch since it has to activate the vacuum doors to the head lights.

Old 11-22-2014, 09:37 AM

I appreciate your input with credence guys. Thank you.

And I thought this was a trophy piece.. I misestimated the supply and figured the ability to give the other B bodies this nose would make it desirable.

Man if this was GTO stuff then we'd be talking.

$300

Old 11-22-2014, 11:16 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default hideaways

It might be the same. The hideaway assemblies and switch may be the same as those used on GTO's. Just change out the hideaway grill doors to the GTO style for either 68 or '69 and it might be the same stuff.

Still I'd like to see it put on a '68 B body. It makes them look better.