THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 08-09-2014, 09:11 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED77 View Post
Yep, got my copy of crap rod today.
I'm paid up until 2017. Oh happy!
I'm probably going to cancel the remainder of my subscription.
This is the second time I've gotten burned when a mag folded.
Anybody got a bird? I should have plenty of liner material.
I guess I could use it for TP. With the crap they publish it would be fitting.
If you have a room to repaint, you can line the floor and windows with it. You can also shred it and use it for packing material if you ship something. If you have a leak under a car you can stick it under there. You can mask off the windows in your car if you need to repaint it. and in the winter time it can be rolled up tight to help start a fire. I need to start a thread on "Uses for the Hot Rod magazine they sent you that you didn't ask for".

Old 08-15-2014, 01:59 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Call 800-568-6130 to cancel. They answered the phone saying "Hi Performance Pontiac, can I help you?" I asked for a refund and they took my info and told me the amount that would be refunded. Getting most of my subscription money back, the only problem is that I will receive one or two more issues of Car Craft. I can live with that although I don't read 'em. I drop those off at a church that sends them to the military overseas to read.

As for Smoke Signals, been with POCI since 1986 also. They had some good and bad years but with Don Keefe running things for awhile the magazine has improved tremendously with more coming as some HPP contributors will be adding content. Sounds good to me.

Jim