THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 08:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAJ7395 View Post
I know that the RH rear wheel is much larger in diameter and width. I assume that you have to constantly steer to the right on the straightaways to keep the car going in a straight line forward?

Do these cars use a spool, posi, or open differential? I assume spool.
spool and 1 gear with no clutch. you're either in gear or free wheeling. and you have to be push started.

Old 08-11-2014, 09:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transporter View Post
OK, I downloaded and stopped this tape every two seconds, watch the tape and stop it at exactly the 35 second mark, TS did NOT fishtail INTO Ward, at that time mark is almost exactly at impact, TS's front wheels are pointing UP the bank, and the BACK of the car is tailing DOWN the bank AWAY from Ward.

I really think TS saw him at the VERY last moment and tried to spin the ass end of the car AWAY from WARD, because if he WANTED to put the ass end of the car INTO Ward his front wheels would have been pointed DOWN track in order to kick the ass end UP into Ward, that isn't what happened.

Also, one other thing as far as the 45 car is concerned, run the tape and pay attention to the length of time (considerable) between the car before the 45, and then look at the time between the 45 just missing Ward, and then almost immediately TS is at that point going faster than the 45.

The 45 had a CLEAR line of sight coming up to Ward, TS had NO clear line of sight as the 45 came across TS's line of vision, TS never saw that kid till his front wheel was past him.

Run the tape at that point and tell me differently.
NO WAY did he hit him on purpose. Plus why the hell would you get out of your car before you were told to? I have raced figure 8 back in the 70's and trust me vision down on the track sucks at best.

“Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan Press On! has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.”
― Calvin Coolidge
Old 08-11-2014, 09:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I watched a slow motion version of the video earlier today. As other's have posted, when Tony blipped the throttle his car swerved AWAY from Ward, not into him. It spun to the left, or down on the track instead of to the right or up the track as we would assume. And you simply cannot tell what happened to Ward. Did he slip on the slick track just as he approached Tony's car and slide under Tony's right rear tire? Did he slip and fall into the wing? Unless some video of that side view of the accident appears, we will never know.

As it stands, I don't see how anyone can say that Tony 'intentionally' ran into him.

HONEST JERRY'S SPEED AND EQUIPMENT
Old 08-11-2014, 10:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

This sucks for every party involved. It sucks when someone dies in racing....period. That type of racing is the only roundy round that I can watch.

Old 08-11-2014, 10:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I relayed released information. Facts, statements, etc. I wrote the PD report as it was written without embellishment or implication. I didn't like how it was written either, but so what, that's how it was written. I would have directly quoted it, but closed the page prior to posting. Interesting how people, like you, take things personal when it doesn't support your narrative. It's a hotheaded reaction, but not unexpected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
So, you are just regurgitating misinformation... I read what you wrote - if you knew anything about racing, you wouldn't have posted that.

The way you posted that info - you seemed to imply that Tony's non existent communications were mysteriously "missing".

Yes, you are unreal...

I said it was 1 way communication from the race director to ALL drivers. Every driver heard what was said - plus anyone listening in on a scanner tuned to the right frequency. No need to get a recording of it.

Once again, regurgitating information that doesn't match up to the evidence in hand.

Trust me, very few people here are willing to take you work for it.

Old 08-11-2014, 10:39 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

First, I've read all of the replies to this thread and first and foremost, prayers to the Ward family and to Tony as well.

Secondly, I do believe 63Banshee has MORE than quantified HIS OWN ignorance with multiple responses. Give it a rest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63Banshee View Post
I'm not going to quantify ignorance with a response.

----------------------------------------------------------

2004 Grand Prix GT daily driver
1974 LeMans GT 455
Old 08-11-2014, 10:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Number of responses is directly proportional to ignorance. How enlightening that is. Thanks for sharing. Learn that reading the back of a Skynyrd album?

I'm still wondering who said Stewart intentionally hit Ward. Number of people have stated this happened here. I haven't seen it.

Old 08-11-2014, 10:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry H. View Post
I watched a slow motion version of the video earlier today. As other's have posted, when Tony blipped the throttle his car swerved AWAY from Ward, not into him. It spun to the left, or down on the track instead of to the right or up the track as we would assume.
Would be helpful to know the distance from the camera to Stewarts car. Considering the speed of sound, 340 meters per second, the delay could be a full second. Not having video showing more to the right lessens what can be learned from this, however.

Old 08-11-2014, 11:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Would be helpful to know the distance from the camera to Stewarts car. Considering the speed of sound, 340 meters per second, the delay could be a full second. Not having video showing more to the right lessens what can be learned from this, however.
Also, assuming it was Stewart's car heard on video. It probably was, but I share some doubt with others unless more evidence come about to support.

Old 08-11-2014, 11:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:

I'm still wondering who said Stewart intentionally hit Ward. Number of people have stated this happened here. I haven't seen it.

Quote:
But Stewart is the guy who fishtailed into Ward. Point is, there was no reason to drive the car like that and if a lesser driver was able to avoid Ward, Stewart should have as well. .
That sounds like you saying he hit him on purpose. Three times in one post.

Last edited by sleepy; 08-11-2014 at 11:13 PM.
Old 08-11-2014, 11:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I believe that 99% of all humans looking at that clip with no information on the background story whatsoever would have the same reaction to it...
"What the hell is he doing walking out in front of those cars? He's gonna get killed!"
Case closed.

Old 08-11-2014, 11:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
63Banshee;5251969]Number of responses is directly proportional to ignorance. How enlightening that is. Thanks for sharing. Learn that reading the back of a Skynyrd album?

Really?
I guess you forgot that YOU posted this on post #37

Quote:
You can see and hear he gunned the engine. No doubt he has more than enough experience on dirt to know how his car was going to react to his driving input. His intentional actions caused the death of Ward. You don't have to have criminal intent to be criminally responsible for someone's death. He may and probably should go down for this.

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

Old 08-11-2014, 11:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Does anyone here want this guy representing them on a criminal charges?

My cousin Banshee?????

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

Old 08-11-2014, 11:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy View Post
That sounds like you saying he hit him on purpose. Three times in one post.
No, I think he screwed the pooch. Meant to show up Ward, to kick up dirt like a dog after taking a dump, but miscalculated. Did he turn that corner with intent to physically hit Ward with any part of the car, no, but that's what happened. If I thought Stewart intended on hitting Ward I would have said just that.

Old 08-11-2014, 11:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirrotica View Post
Really?
I guess you forgot that YOU posted this on post #37
Yes, his intentional actions, i.e. hotdogging.

Old 08-11-2014, 11:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:

My cousin Banshee?????
I wouldn't want him as the prosecutor. Nobody would be found guilty with his "facts".
Or maybe he should be for this.

Old 08-11-2014, 11:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:

My cousin Banshee?????
Wasn't presenting a defense case. Plenty of others here for that. Some of what has come up in this thread wouldn't have without dissent. I think there is much interesting information between the lines here.

Old 08-11-2014, 11:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I think it would be about as easy to prove that Ward was upset about the wreck and committed suicide as it would be to prove that Stewart was upset about it and committed homicide...negligent or otherwise.

Old 08-11-2014, 11:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
No, I think he screwed the pooch. Meant to show up Ward, to kick up dirt like a dog after taking a dump, but miscalculated. Did he turn that corner with intent to physically hit Ward with any part of the car, no, but that's what happened. If I thought Stewart intended on hitting Ward I would have said just that.
Wow, Now you KNOW he was trying to kick up dirt on him? You know nothing about driving dirt tracks or sprints but you know he was "hot dogging" from the 2 seconds you could see both tony and the moron in the film before he got hit. OK.
Fact ward is dead because he was stupid. He pulled a boneheaded move(showing his ass) because he wrecked on HIS TRACK by an outsider.

Last edited by sleepy; 08-11-2014 at 11:39 PM.
Old 08-11-2014, 11:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy View Post
Wow, Now you KNOW he was trying to kick up dirt on him? You know nothing about driving dirt tracks or sprints but you know he was "hot dogging" from the 2 seconds you could see both tony and the moron at the same time before he got hit. OK.
Did I say I "know?" I didn't even say "kick up dirt on him [Ward]." Read what is written and not what's in your head as your eyes scan a sentence. And stop trolling me like this is something personal. Ridiculous.

Closed Thread