Old 06-25-2014, 12:36 AM

Default 69 bumper

Got a real mess here. Need some insight from some RKI's. Helping a friend refurb his front bumper with hidden headlights. Someone (or two or three) has been fiddling with this front over the years. First.. on pg. 92 of the restoration guide, top of the page, we have part #6 (bracket, front bumper stabilizer). It appears not to be bolted to the core support. Ours is, as shown in the photos. Just want to make sure that it is NOT supposed to be bolted to the core support. Next.. we have a lower bumper support bracket that is "welded" to the bumper support bracket on the left side of the car and no bracket at all on the right. Do I need to find one of these brackets? There war alot of welding on this car over the years, I suppose to keep it together. I'm trying to get it back to near stock. Anyone have the right side lower bumper support bracket for sale if I ned one? Thanks, Skip
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 008.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	368018   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 009.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	368019   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 010.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	120.5 KB
ID:	368020   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 011.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	103.1 KB
ID:	368021  

Old 06-28-2014, 10:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

You are correct that those stamped steel brackets should not be bolted to the core support. In fact, the entire bumper is kind of a "floating" affair. Nothing attaches the bumper and the rest of the car together except the bumper mounting brackets. If you remove the four bolts that attach the brackets to the frame horns, the entire assembly, hideaways and all can be removed together.
As for that welded deal, it should not be welded and yes, you are short one.
If I'm not mistaken, it's only there for extra support in the area where the bumper jack would be used. You could live without it but it's supposed to be there.

Old 06-29-2014, 03:15 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

You don't need the bumper support bracket. I left mine off since a jack will NEVER come anywhere near my endura bumper. If you need a bracket I have one that I didn't install on my car. It was blasted, primed and painted with the correct black automotive finish. You can PM me if you decide that you need one.

69 Judge convertible........clone! Carousel red, parchment, hideaways, TH400, 10" Continental 3200 stall, 12 bolt with 3.42, 469 c.i. with ported #48's, ported cast iron intake, Cliff's Q-Jet and ported 2-1/2" Ram Air manifolds.
Old 06-29-2014, 10:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

http://s310.photobucket.com/user/jbr...?sort=3&page=1

Here is a link to detailed photos of a complete hideaway system hope these help.

Email jbr69gto@gmail.com

My Website www.minnesota-muscle.com