Old 11-20-2013, 01:48 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Hi Webfoot-

Just read your thread, WOW!! What a fantastic job you did on your car! Thank you for taking the time to post your progress. Your work is top notch, hard to believe such work can be accomplished in a home garage. Wish I had just a few of your talents. Any pointers on how to learn the art of auto painting?
Thanks

2006 GTO Phantom Black 6spd.
1972 Formula 455HO Ram Air.
1976 LE Trans Am 50th Anniversary Edition with T top.
1976 Formula 350.
1977 Grand Prix Model J 350.
1978 Trans am 400 Pontiac.
1979 Trans am 403 Olds.
1968 Olds 442.
1971 TR6.
Old 11-24-2013, 08:34 AM
Suspended

Default PROGRESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by webfoot View Post
Thanks!

Got some more parts based this morning, will clear tomorrow morning. Just the valence and a fender left. I know the pics are crappy, but my regular camera is... lets just say its still on vacation in mexico.

BEAUTIFUL I AM JUST FINISHING UP A 69 CRYSTAL TURQUOISE CONVERTIBLE PARCHMENT TOP PARCHMENT INTERIOR 4 SPD I LIVE IN PHOENIX ARIZONA AND YOUR RIGHT PAINTING IN THE HEAT IS NO FUN I HAVE TO PAINT AT 4AM OR REAL LATE AT NITE IN THE SUMMER GREAT JOB AND LOVE THE COLOR

Old 01-12-2014, 10:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Got my dash & gauges installed. Thanks to "Half Inch Stud" for the repairs! Had a good chinook and temps up in the mid 50s make for pleasant january garage time.

Got the LH fender hung, mid 50s tomorrow will allow for RH fender hanging and bumper + taillight housing installation.

1968 GTO 4-spd convertible, console, factory gauges, hidden headlights, 3.90:1 posi, AM/FM radio.

1962 Catalina convertible, Starlight black w maroon interior & white top.
Old 01-12-2014, 11:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

That's looking mighty fine Jeremy.

Old 01-18-2014, 05:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Here's another pic I thought was pretty cool. The house in the door is across the street and one property up from me.

1968 GTO 4-spd convertible, console, factory gauges, hidden headlights, 3.90:1 posi, AM/FM radio.

Old 01-18-2014, 08:38 PM
Suspended

Default NICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by webfoot View Post
Here's another pic I thought was pretty cool. The house in the door is across the street and one property up from me.

THAT ABOUT AS NICE AS IT GETS VERY KOOL

Old 04-04-2014, 12:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Just an update to say.. not much of an update! Got the dash wiring pretty much done, just need to tuck up some loose wires. Half of the interior is installed, just need to get a set of seatbelts before I go too much further.

Trying to get the endura fitted, and it looks pretty good except for the gap at the bottom sticks out about 1/4" so I hope it is a somewhat usual adjustment to have to elongate the bumper bracket holes. Thinking maybe my gaps are a bit tighter than factory so there is not enough adjustment left on the slots? That's how I justify doing it, anyway.

Still trying to figure out how I'm going to get the filler neck on the gas tank bent into the proper position. I think I am going to try a brass punch and a BFH in the area by where the neck goes into the tank. If I can get this area in a little bit it should swing the neck over a little bit.

Old 04-04-2014, 01:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I think it's a usual adjustment to do whatever you have to do to get an endura to fit.
As for the tank, I didn't notice that my filler neck was too low until after I installed the new bumper...long after I had installed the tank.
Someone here recommended a 2x4 and a floor jack under the neck...and it worked. Just remove the bumper (if installed) and gently jack up on it and it'll give.

Old 04-04-2014, 05:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Mine has been pulled off the car so long I honestly don't remember how it sat before but I think it was up and to the left; probably a "UPS adjustment".

Old 05-28-2014, 06:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Things are slowly coming together! I have had quite a repaint saga on the hood. I basically forgot how to paint since last August and have now painted the hood a total of 4 times. This last time was going well but I ran out of paint during a coat and went to mix another batch in a hurry. Got back to start spraying again and forgot to replace the lid on the gun, and SPLAT all over the hood. Got it sanded down (again) and now need to get more 400 to scuff the rest, and spray it for (hopefully) the last time. Also going to reshoot the trunklid as I had a metallic stripe on the very back of it.

I also got the hideaway setup fully installed. I did it without the bumper brackets being in place, forgetting that the actuator rod goes through the bumper brackets. It is all reworked but now the bumper weighs enough I don't want to carry it over by myself.

Rear seat & belts are installed, still waiting on one bucket to be recovered as it needed new seat foam too. Have to pull the rear bumper and put new taillight bulb sockets in since the old ones are shot.

Old 05-29-2014, 09:54 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I can only imagine the fustration of having to redo it so many times. Your tenacity is commendable! Glad you are still at it though. I finally have another update to my own endless saga too (coming soon).

Old 05-29-2014, 11:48 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Painting the hood is nothing compared to the total amount of work I have in this thing, what drives me now is that it is so close to being driveable.

Old 06-10-2014, 04:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have finally cleared the hood. Problem was in the gun, the seal between the gun and the tip was damaged which was making the gun spray inconsistently. Good thing it only took me a whole can of paint to figure this out.
Pre-clear:

Clear: (only one coat out of two)

Old 06-12-2014, 12:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

All buffed out! Got my hood hinge springs installed, actually pretty easy to do by ones self using a brake spring install tool. Now just need to wait until I have a helper to help install the hood. Also got my remaining bucket seat recovered and assembled, so the list is getting pretty short.

Old 06-12-2014, 02:52 PM

Looks good Jeremy. Sounds like your on a roll, hope it stays that way for you.

Craig

Old 06-12-2014, 04:39 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Smooooooth!

Old 06-14-2014, 09:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Looking good Jeremy !!!! Definitely giving inspiration to try this whole paint thing when I am ready.

Old 06-15-2014, 02:00 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Looks great Jeremy...and oddly familiar...lol

Old 06-25-2014, 11:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Little closer..

(Obviously the bumper is not in place, but it lines up pretty good now.)

Old 06-26-2014, 09:45 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Just had to see what that grille looked like didnja?...lol