Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 01-30-2014, 02:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by grnmnstr View Post
I am running 1.9 on both. Cam is somewhere around .850" lift, I know it isn't over .900". The Tigers still have some left in it. These only flow 444 cfm. I too, am just looking for reliability and consistency. This is a T/S bracket motor.
Thanks! Me too I'm just looking for something that's gona last a while......Tom I wish you the best of luck ! The D-1 Top Sportsman field is tough to get into.

I had a "theory" with my new heads going off of what I learned with my current heads but after talking to Mysticmissle. He shot my theory down with ACTUAL RESULTS! Which seems crazy that in how many years he was the ONLY ONE that had results with using different rocker ratios. So thanks Jeff for helping me out and doing your own a-b testing.

And to put any rumors aside my current APD cv-1's only go 403@.750 and my new fusion heads only go 413@.800.and the dyno # I'm looking for is whatever it does hopefully enough to get me to 150 mph in great bend on the stop.....

Thanks again to everyone who gave there 2 cents it is really greatly appreciated!

“It’s the process it takes to get to goals that sets us apart, the execution on every single play, one play,one life”
Notre Dame Head Coach Marcus Freeman

69 GTO NHRA Super Street Car
2860lbs 10.82@159.91 in Joliet May 2024 ….157.56 MPH in Gainesville in March ‘23
Old 01-30-2014, 02:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by grnmnstr View Post
This motor will be a 535 as compared to the 527 in my sig. The 527 was never dyno'd, but I figure it was about 1020 HP, based on the weight and mph.
We found a few "issues" with the 527, so we probably had left some HP on the table. We added the right cam and a few other goodies to the new 535, so we will be close to the 2 HP/cube. I know it is a high expectation given the head flow, so we will see how close we get.
After talking to you in the lanes in Norwalk a few years back I was impressed as all heck with your car and the combo in it. I'm sure you guys will get it figured out cause I thought you already had it figured out!Im sure your gona find whatever you think you left on the table. There's enough info out there with 535 tiger heads to help you out........Me I'm kinda trail blazing since there is not another single FO combo out there that made more than mine and runs as much as I do maintenance free.........I enjoy putting the charger on the car and dumping fuel in it every 3rd pass ya know.

“It’s the process it takes to get to goals that sets us apart, the execution on every single play, one play,one life”
Notre Dame Head Coach Marcus Freeman

69 GTO NHRA Super Street Car
2860lbs 10.82@159.91 in Joliet May 2024 ….157.56 MPH in Gainesville in March ‘23

Last edited by S/st 54; 01-30-2014 at 02:26 PM.
Old 01-30-2014, 09:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks

With the power I am making, we can't qualify for D1 T/S races. The bump is usually 7.30s to 7.40s, quicker than I will ever go. So we just race local T/S races.

Maintenance free at the track is what I want. It is a bracket car, not a heads up car. I told this to the cam, so it would be easy on springs. It should run very good this year.

Previous - 2001 Jerry Haas-built P/S Grand Am - former WJ car, Hoffman Racing 535" IA2, Tiger Heads/Intake, Single Dominator, PG
Best ET: 7.776 @ 175.94, 1.096 60', 2375 lbs.
Old 01-30-2014, 09:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemans411 View Post
needles or no?
I was told they're available both ways.

Tom Syron

The Following User Says Thank You to T Syron For This Useful Post: