THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 01-01-2014, 01:37 PM

Default looks like the thiefs have a better mousetrap

they over ride the cars keyless entry and alarm! crooks are hitting the working people again with a gadget that's so new, few police have heard of it. Until we have a fix, keep NO valuables in your car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=l7OadDz3Ums

original ca car
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 65blackplate For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2014, 01:55 PM
Senior Chief

I never thought that having VACUUM power door locks in my 69 G/P would be an advantage.

Old 01-01-2014, 03:08 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Something like a garage door opener that searches hundreds of codes at once for a correct one, I've seen door openers do different ones in the same neighborhood

Old 01-01-2014, 03:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetallman View Post
Something like a garage door opener that searches hundreds of codes at once for a correct one, I've seen door openers do different ones in the same neighborhood
Say, you know too much about those! LOL

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to arbys For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2014, 05:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I can't stands what i can't stands no more!

The Following User Says Thank You to Half-Inch Stud For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2014, 05:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Hey CNN,could you please make the lower 3rd ad's bigger. Yesh!

Old 01-01-2014, 06:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Well look at it this way,nothing inside no damage to car? If Onstar can unlock your car I guess these crooks found out how the signal is sent.

TOM
Old 01-02-2014, 12:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Wow. Don't leave anything of value in your car.

Car is a junk yard dog and maybe one day will be restored.
The Following User Says Thank You to 2002Z4CSS For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2014, 12:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Except or those that have tools in their trucks. What are you supposed to do, empty the truck every night? No. Just have really good insurance.

Old 01-02-2014, 12:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

You could pull the fuse for the power to the locking system. That should work, but it would be a PITA to reinstall it every time you want to get back in the car. And you'd need a new way to get the hood open.

Gary
Get in, ShuT Up, Hang On!
Member of the Baltimore Built Brotherhood
MY GTO built 4th Week of March 1966
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Keep yer stick on the ice.
Old 01-02-2014, 12:58 PM
Senior Chief

Question Aftermarket?

The report is not clear about whether they are disabling the factory security system or something aftermarket like a Viper alarm.

We put a Viper alarm on our Suburban years ago that not only makes noise, but had a separate capability to page me whenever a door was opened. The paging function works whether the alarm is armed or disarmed, with a range of about 100 yards. This way, even if I forget to arm the alarm, it lets me know if someone opens up a door.

Something like this might be helpful for the working guys who have a truck full of stuff that is impractical to empty each night and refill each morning.

But criminals are a clever lot - they've probably figured something out to block the page, too.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 70pontiaction For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2014, 03:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

It's only a secret to the police. Keyfob code grabbers and various other devices for hacking keyless entry systems have been available on the internet for a several years now. The lack of "internet literacy" among most police investigators over the age of 35 is a real problem. Access the "dark web" using a TOR browser and you can find just about anything you want. Start with a TOR browser, access the "hidden wiki", it has a list of sites where you can get in trouble. For the most part, just about everything is hacked, bad guys can get your stuff and information any time they want it .... the key is to not be a target, don't look like a guy with stuff to steal.

Don't leave $3k worth of stuff "locked" up in your Escalade Don't wear your Rolex to Naples, don't leave your iPhone 5 laying on the table.

The good news is ....it's always been this way. There is no new epidemic of thievery, there has ALWAYS been an epidemic of thievery ...it's not NEW. Back in the day a good thief could steal your car in 60 seconds, now that they have it easier for YOU to get into your car, they also made it easier for THEM to get in your car.

Nothing has changed, valuable things in plain sight get stolen a lot. People that have valuable things get them stolen a lot. The first lock maker, was the first lock breaker. Thievery is and always will be a crime of opportunity, you give a thief the opportunity to steal something, and he will.

Don't leave visible valuables in your vehicle, don't park in an area that seems vulnerable to this activity, have a secondary car alarm. Don't drive your Escalade to the bad side of town and park outside the strip club, don't drive it to the Best Buy on the bad side of town for the Black Friday sale.
Don't be stupid
JohnnyB

PS. Leave $10 in change in your ash tray or coin holder .... keeps them from getting frustrated and vandalizing something because they can't find anything of value.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dataway For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2014, 06:20 PM
Suspended

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half-Inch Stud View Post
I can't stands what i can't stands no more!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dataway View Post
It's only a secret to the police. Keyfob code grabbers and various other devices for hacking keyless entry systems have been available on the internet for a several years now. The lack of "internet literacy" among most police investigators over the age of 35 is a real problem. Access the "dark web" using a TOR browser and you can find just about anything you want. Start with a TOR browser, access the "hidden wiki", it has a list of sites where you can get in trouble. For the most part, just about everything is hacked, bad guys can get your stuff and information any time they want it .... the key is to not be a target, don't look like a guy with stuff to steal.

Don't leave $3k worth of stuff "locked" up in your Escalade Don't wear your Rolex to Naples, don't leave your iPhone 5 laying on the table.

[b[The good news is ....it's always been this way. There is no new epidemic of thievery, there has ALWAYS been an epidemic of thievery ...it's not NEW. Back in the day a good thief could steal your car in 60 seconds, now that they have it easier for YOU to get into your car, they also made it easier for THEM to get in your car. [/b]

Nothing has changed, valuable things in plain sight get stolen a lot. People that have valuable things get them stolen a lot. The first lock maker, was the first lock breaker. Thievery is and always will be a crime of opportunity, you give a thief the opportunity to steal something, and he will.

Don't leave visible valuables in your vehicle, don't park in an area that seems vulnerable to this activity, have a secondary car alarm. Don't drive your Escalade to the bad side of town and park outside the strip club, don't drive it to the Best Buy on the bad side of town for the Black Friday sale.
Don't be stupid
JohnnyB

PS. Leave $10 in change in your ash tray or coin holder .... keeps them from getting frustrated and vandalizing something because they can't find anything of value.
Agree

http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...6&postcount=20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
Perp breaking in. Note the black wall Wide Ovals!